What do we need (roster-wise) to catch Philly?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Here y’all go with this crap lol…..man Eagles ain’t ****. How anyone watched them today and was thoroughly impressed is beyond me.
If the Cowboys beat the Chiefs, you wouldnt be saying this.

Look, I hate Philly too. This is just hate. We had a sorry win against LAC that included a lot of luck but yall were singing a different tune

movaughn88

Reaction score
Nothing sometimes it’s just luck. They could easily be 500. They lucked out against the Pats, commanders, cowboys , and chiefs. I give them credit but those games came down to inches and the eagles didn’t do anything to really prevent game winning plays from happening just fluky stuff went in their favor.
Pessimist - too optimist. Lol.

They should have lost one here and there - no way closet to .500 tho.

But we should be within distance of them for the 1 seed - and for that they have a bit of luck, and that is very frustrating.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
They didnt look impressive but they continuously find ways to win these games against good teams though.

Thats a sign of a great team. Imagine we show up anywhere with our “C” game.
What is their “ A” game maybe this is it? Show me proof of their “ A” game this year? Luck will run out in the playoffs if they continue to play and rely on this.

Aven8

Reaction score
Why cant good teams “lose the game” to us then?
Mistakes. Same as KC tonight. Philly doesn’t make many. They aren’t all world but they just play and limit mistakes. KC had two chances to score earlier. And missed two passes to end it.

Btw the bomb to Santling that he dropped was a stupid play call. Bleed the clock and just keep pecking away

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
that throw to Smith I'm pretty sure Dak doesn't make

starts there
Probably would have hit a fan in the stands if Dakko tried one of those.
You know he has issues in big games they don't call him DAKCHOKA for nothing.
Heck, we played the Chiefs in their house a couple of years ago held them to 19 points and all we could do on offense was 3 Field goals.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Mistakes. Same as KC tonight. Philly doesn’t make many. They aren’t all world but they just play and limit mistakes. KC had two chances to score earlier. And missed two passes to end it.

Btw the bomb to Santling that he dropped was a stupid play call. Bleed the clock and just keep pecking away
I mean the play was there. They had so many issues scoring….if you see a TD you take it.

Dakota

Reaction score
Philly is about to win the division b2b with hardly any resistance from the rest of the teams in the East. They are also the favorites right now to come out the NFC. Its evident now that they have lapped us (sorry homers).

What do we need to get to their level?
Fire the GM? Oh wait, that is not an option.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Unpopular opinion is that it’s better for the Eagles to get the first seed than 49ers. The Cowboys have had a lot of success in Philly and know that stadium well. I think the majority of us would give us a decent chance. If we have to go to SF we know it’s a wrap.

But dream scenario as of now is Detroit gets the 1st seed and Philly / SF get 2nd and 3rd and meet up in divisional.

movaughn88

Reaction score
Probably would have hit a fan in the stands if Dakko tried one of those.
You know he has issues in big games they don't call him DAKCHOKA for nothing.
Heck, we played the Chiefs in their house a couple of years ago held them to 19 points and all we could do on offense was 3 Field goals.
Hit a fan in the stands? Do you listen to yourself?

He's the most accurate QB in the league this year how can anyone take you seriously?

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Wait so the fact they aint play their A game but still beat us. What kinda team does that make the Cowboys?
I think both teams played about as good as they could. Came down to a couple lucky plays. Just like I previously stated. They’re very beatable at least for Dallas. Again show me a dominant performance from the Eagles?

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Although we have comparable skill at the EDGE position, their DL is actually clutch and wins them a lot of huge games. See Brandon Graham's sack of Brady in the Super Bowl and Josh Sweat forcing an Intentional Grounding tonight. Our guys, as much as I love them, are stat padders and show boaters. Our DL is only seemingly dominant when we're ahead multiple scores and are forcing offenses to throw. Reddick was a guy I was screaming for Jerry and Stephen to sign. He was everywhere tonight. He makes plays. The OL is also very experienced and most of them have a ton of experience playing together. You win in the trenches consistently, and it covers up a lot of sins.

Also, when you have a play as automatic as the tush push, it relieves a lot of pressure that your offense experiences trying to convert. Not many teams in NFL history can say that they have a sure bet in their playbook when everyone knows its coming. It's unique to Philly.

Not taking anything away from the success of the franchise, but they also experience a boat load of pure luck that us Cowboys fans rarely see. The two bugaboos tonight were a Mahomes pick in the end zone and a Kelce fumble in the red zone. Hurts was strip sacked tonight and the ball bounced right into his hands. I've seen that happen a lot.