What do we need (roster-wise) to catch Philly?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Well, aside from getting one of the best QB’s ever (Mahomes).

I would say….. a couple new OT’s. A great MLB who can run and cover as well as play the run.

A healthy DIGGS.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I actually think we are close. We nearly had them a few weeks ago, and I think we should beat them at home. If we play them in the playoffs, it's really going to come down to matchups. I think we can beat them. Frankly, I think we might be the best shot the league has ATM to beat Philly.

75boyz

Reaction score
Maybe it's just for the obvious reasons of division rivalry or familiarity, but I still would much rather play the Eagles in a playoff game than the 49ers.

That last 49er game illustrated to me that they have a lot of advantages over us.

I don't see those same things when we play Philly for whatever reason.

49ers are just a bad matchup and our kryptonite I guess.

jmo

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mahomes lost at home to Philly. Nice try
Mahomes can lose to anyone as he has 2 of these.
chiefs-super-bowl-ring-ceremony-s.jpg

Do you understand now if not ask for some help bud................

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I actually think we are close. We nearly had them a few weeks ago, and I think we should beat them at home. If we play them in the playoffs, it's really going to come down to matchups. I think we can beat them. Frankly, I think we might be the best shot the league has ATM to beat Philly.
I agree. We know their weaknesses better than anyone. Their CB’s outside of Slay are bad and their LB’s are really bad. They know our weakness though to so it’s a good matchup.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I agree. We know their weaknesses better than anyone. Their CB’s outside of Slay are bad and their LB’s are really bad. They know our weakness though to so it’s a good matchup.

Exactly. Plus, I've talked to some Eagles fans that I know that are not on this board. They have made it clear to me that they want no part of us in the playoffs. The worst nightmare that a team like Philly can have is to have a team like us be just as good and play them in the playoffs. Remember 2007?

Yobwocs

Reaction score
I mean, Dak stepped out of bounce, and Schoonmaker was a half turn away.

In this game, Kelce fumbled and Scantling dropped that TD.

Hopefully the championship game comes the day that Eagles don't get those breaks.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
The commanders were close to beating them home too though. Division games usually are.

They are clearly better than us

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Mahomes can lose to anyone as he has 2 of these.
chiefs-super-bowl-ring-ceremony-s.jpg

Do you understand now if not ask for some help bud................

My point is that maybe it's more than just one player. Frankly, Dak's record, overall, has been very good against Philly. I don't think the Eagles want to face us in the playoffs. I think they want our meeting with them in a few weeks to be the last time they have to play us this season. I think we can do to them what the Giants did to us in 2007.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean, Dak stepped out of bounce, and Schoonmaker was a half turn away.

In this game, Kelce fumbled and Scantling dropped that TD.

Hopefully the championship game comes the day that Eagles don't get those breaks.
You gotta be in it to WIN it.
42-10 is not being in it........or choking when its crunch time.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If the Cowboys beat the Chiefs, you wouldnt be saying this.

Look, I hate Philly too. This is just hate. We had a sorry win against LAC that included a lot of luck but yall were singing a different tune
Of course we were. We are Cowboy fans not Eagle fans. Eagle fans have every reason to think they are the best team in the league. Their resume includes beating Cowboys, Miami and Chiefs. In that regard I take nothing from them. But I don’t see a juggernaut. I just don’t. I said it this off season when everyone was hyping up the AFC I said Cowboys, 9ers and Eagles are better than any team in the AFC. My opinion hasn’t changed on that. Chiefs have played some messy football.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The commanders were close to beating them home too though. Division games usually are.

I'm not so sure the contrast between them and us is that vast, even with Diggs being out. They had some very lucky bounces go their way against us. I think we might be able to do to them what happened to us in 2007.

HungryLion

Reaction score

The eagles are a great team. That being said. I would rather play AT the eagles in the playoffs than AT San Fran.

Cowboys matchup better against the eagles.

So, I’m hoping that the cowboys can win their wildCard game and the seeding lines up and plays the eagles.

Not saying the cowboys win. But they can win that game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What is their “ A” game maybe this is it? Show me proof of their “ A” game this year? Luck will run out in the playoffs if they continue to play and rely on this.
This is exactly it. Eagles fans keep telling me of this mysterious A game they haven’t played yet….this is it. This is as good as it can get.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The eagles are a great team. That being said. I would rather play AT the eagles in the playoffs than AT San Fran.

So, I’m hoping that the cowboys can win their wildCard game and the seeding lines up and plays the eagles.

I think, what'd be ideal would be for Detroit to get the top seed. That way, we can beat New Orleans (as that's who we'd face if the season ended today), Philly has to play SFO in the Division round, and we can clash with them in the NFCC.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I mean everyone thinks they matchup better with the Eagles. They are strong at the non sexy positions. They have great lines though today….offensive line was ehh….Chiefs really rattled Hurts.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course we were. We are Cowboy fans not Eagle fans. Eagle fans have every reason to think they are the best team in the league. Their resume includes beating Cowboys, Miami and Chiefs. In that regard I take nothing from them. But I don’t see a juggernaut. I just don’t. I said it this off season when everyone was hyping up the AFC I said Cowboys, 9ers and Eagles are better than any team in the AFC. My opinion hasn’t changed on that. Chiefs have played some messy football.
I don't care about the Chiefs, not in the slightest.
I bleed Blue and when had the chance to beat these most hated dirty birds..................WE CHOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!
The End....
P.S.You may now continue selling false dreams and hopes to the masses!!!!

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

I dont think theres any chance Detroit or SF end up with the one-seed. But youre right. Id rather go to philly.

But can you imagine losing to them in the playoffs? Smh