what do you all think of Colt MCcoy QB Texas?

anava

Reaction score
Colt just threw a Romo-esque int., in the redzone no less

TX_Yid

Reaction score
Probably bummed out at being given the shaft by the BCS. No ticket to the Big XII Champs game, no BCS Champs game... I can see how a team would be deflated by that.

Tobal

Reaction score
TX_Yid;2557078 said:
Probably bummed out at being given the shaft by the BCS. No ticket to the Big XII Champs game, no BCS Champs game... I can see how a team would be deflated by that.

I understand that, just hoped for more.... Pryor is killing Texas on third down.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Look at our two Super Bowl winning coaches sitting up there cheesing next to each other. Don't they look like two peas in a pod?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Will stick by what I said earlier, good college player. Likely has very limited NFL future as a QB and definitely will not be a high draft pick.

Also, I dont know what they list him at but he looks like one of the smallest players on the field, in terms of height and weight.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
TX_Yid;2557078 said:

Thats pretty lame for them then, because with an impressive win they could have possibly pursuaded enough voters to give them a split title, especially if OU barely beats Florida.

Unless they just blow the doors off it in the 2nd half, that isnt happening now.

Tobal

Reaction score
dbair1967;2557091 said:
Will stick by what I said earlier, good college player. Likely has very limited NFL future as a QB and definitely will not be a high draft pick.

Also, I dont know what they list him at but he looks like one of the smallest players on the field, in terms of height and weight.

Noted - Hell if thats what you've seen of him I wouldn't give him the props you have.

Tobal

Reaction score
dbair1967;2557100 said:
Thats pretty lame for them then, because with an impressive win they could have possibly pursuaded enough voters to give them a split title, especially if OU barely beats Florida.

Unless they just blow the doors off it in the 2nd half, that isnt happening now.

That was never ever going to happen, still no excuse for them to pull this bull**** though.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Tobal;2557108 said:
That was never ever going to happen, still no excuse for them to pull this bull**** though.

It could happen, and it was enough motivation that Texas should have come out and beat up OSU pretty good. Still may happen, but doesnt look that way.

I do think OU is going to beat Florida.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
USC destroyed the Ohio State defense through the air.

I'm shocked that the Texas passing game is so pathetic against them.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
anyone else see the shotgun draw on 3rd and 1 get stuffed and throw up in their mouths?

wick

Reaction score
wayne motley;2557279 said:
USC destroyed the Ohio State defense through the air.

I'm shocked that the Texas passing game is so pathetic against them.

Not sure I'd agree that 76% completions and 300 yards through three quarters is "pathetic."

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
CATCH17;2556382 said:
Vince Youngs abilities in the Pro's have absolutely nothing to do with what Colt can do in the Pro's.

They are just 2 different types of players.

The only worry you will have with Colt McCoy coming out of Texas is his ability to take snaps under center and become a drop back passer.

His feet are so good though that I would be shocked if he doesn't master this quickly.

Colt has good size

Good strength

Can run as well as anybody

Extremely accurate

Extremely smart

Good Arm Strength

His ability to buy time is priceless in the NFL.

Do I even need to mention he is really good in the clutch?

He just has all the intangibles to be great at the next level and anything he lacked physically when he came into College he obviously worked on and fixed.

He is a heck of a playmaker and a heck of a talent.

I really need to be a Pro Scout. I can't believe I missed my calling.

Tobal

Reaction score
Jimmy johnson said he had a great future... Then again Jimmy used a top ten pick on Steve Walsh, when he had just drafted Troy Aikman.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Tobal;2557886 said:
Jimmy johnson said he had a great future... Then again Jimmy used a top ten pick on Steve Walsh, when he had just drafted Troy Aikman.

Jimmy Johnson said he would have drafted Charlie Ward. Ward went undrafted in the NFL and Jimmy said there was no reason for a team not to use a late round pick on Ward.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Tobal;2557886 said:

Jimmy knew Walsh. I think he also knew Aikman was his guy. He wanted to have a reason to push Aikman. Besides as bad as Walsh was, he did get us our only win in 1989.

ms9221

Reaction score
anava;2557073 said:
Colt just threw a Romo-esque int., in the redzone no less
Hey Romo Suck he suck the only thing Romo worries about losing Jessica ok he is another Scott Mitchel. Colt McCoy is going to much better QB then Romo. Romo has got one year Left he doesn't Mack Brown who very good friends with Jerry will convice hiom to take him after next season Romo will be gone Colt will be the next Real Great QB for us. Colt won't be worry about anything but win the Dam Super Bowl.