What do you expect for 2019?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by stasheroo, Feb 10, 2019.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

32,622 Messages
    13,192 Likes Received
    What a deep TE Draft class means for TEs in free agency - Reid Hanson, Fansided
    Could a deep tight end draft class cause the value of free agents to drop? If so, that could open the door for the Cowboys to find one at a reasonable cost.

Tyler Eifert is a player Jason Garrett has coveted dating back to the 2013 NFL Draft. But when Eifert went off the board at Pick 21, the dream of snagging the next great Dallas tight end appeared lost. But the 28-year-old is hitting the market this year, and after another injury-shortened season, he’s likely to come at a very reasonable price (probably half of what he earned last season which was $5.5M).

The former Pro Bowler has major upside and very limited cost making for a perfect gamble. Additionally, Dallas likes what they have in Dalton Schultz and Blake Jarwin, and wouldn’t be losing any sleep should injury befall Tyler once more. Signing him early would also allow them to gamble a little more on Day 3 of the draft as they wait for a nice prospect with tremendous value to slip through the cracks and fall into their laps.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...oll-the-dice-in-the-second-round-of-the-draft

2. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

13,560 Messages
    16,295 Likes Received
    My expectations aren't anything overly demanding nor lofty. I'll be entering the upcoming season with an open mind, hoping for success. Beyond that, a successful draft will, no doubt, be essential. I can easily picture anywhere from an 8-8 season to perhaps 10-6 again. Kellen Moore will be the X factor.

Veteran free agency will again see the Cowboys using it merely to secure backup depth without the bigtime signings that would include highly expensive contracts. It's been like that for some time now. Stephen has again made his intentions with respect to this subject abundantly clear. I expect there to be more of the same 2nd and 3rd tier signings, as per their "druthers." ;)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  3. Ddisco22

Ddisco22 Well-Known Member

1,161 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    For starters I can see us winning the division again, I think this young team is gonna do great (no injuries Of course).

JJ has made it very clear that he wants a high powered offense and I believe we have the players to give him that. The Def is good, we should get a DL and safety in the draft.
    Something I havent said since 97, but I got faith that JJ will put the right pieces 2gether this year.

NFC champions or bust!!

Texasfootball21 likes this.