What do you guys think about this?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3436956 said:
Such as? His only recourse was to mace her (which he probably should have done once she pushed him away, just went and grabbed the mace, and sprayed her), taken her down, or just walked away (which will never, and never should happen). So take the impossible out of it, and there were just 2 things he could have done.

And you have to think of the split second it would take for him the grab the mace, giving the 2 a chance to flee the scene, and then it becomes a chase.

Once an police officer pulls someone over or approaches them for a violation they could be assaulted or shot. That cop should have been prepared with mace or a taser in the event something happened. He had no backup so you have to be prepared no matter how unassuming a person looks. I would rather have to taser or mace someone than have to start throwing punches with a crowd of angry people gathering around me. It was obvious watching the video he was having trouble handling that girl and a bottle could have come flying in at his head or some in the crowd could have tried to over power him after he punched her and it could have turned into a deadly situation. He handled it poorly and it resulted in him punching a young girl in the face and it's been seen by everyone.

Quit assuming since because the girls were unruly that they must have been provoked by an angry, abrasive, racist cop. You didn't see any of that.

I never assumed or said he was a racist but anytime a white police officer strikes and unarmed black person the race card is going to come up.

What the tape clearly shows before the hay-maker were 2 unruly girls with an attitude and whom one assaulted the police officer.

Cops run into unruly people all the time but they're trained to handle the situation without anyone being hurt. This cop was obviously not trained properly because once he punched that girl in the face he could have been jumped by people in the crowd. He should have called for backup when he began having trouble with her. If they ran and jumped in a car they could have been tracked down with their license plate number. The police aren't going to risk a high speed chase trying to catch jaywalkers. LOL

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3436972 said:
She was lucky that he didn't slam her head against the hood. I probably would have done so.

lol at the dude, "are you serious?" *repeat times 10*

That cop was tiring out trying to control her he might want to hit the gym. Someone in the crowd could have busted a bottle over his head or jumped him what a poorly handled situation. He's lucky that wasn't a big dude he was trying to cuff. :lmao:

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
Jon88;3436323 said:
It was. It's a very good school. I went to both so I know.

It's a very well run school from top to bottom.

I just despise the LSU system. Its highway robbery. They cheat lie and steal from all of the other schools. I heard LSUS, NW, ULM, and LSUA were going to be closed.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
KJJ;3437110 said:
Once an police officer pulls someone over or approaches them for a violation they could be assaulted or shot. That cop should have been prepared with mace or a taser in the event something happened. He had no backup so you have to be prepared no matter how unassuming a person looks.

LOL, for a jaywalking stop?

KJJ said:
I would rather have to taser or mace someone than have to start throwing punches with a crowd of angry people gathering around me. It was obvious watching the video he was having trouble handling that girl and a bottle could have come flying in at his head or some in the crowd could have tried to over power him after he punched her and it could have turned into a deadly situation.

Like I said, the second it would have taken him to reach and un-holster his mace, the 2 suspects could have ran.

KJJ said:
He handled it poorly and it resulted in him punching a young girl in the face and it's been seen by everyone.

Yes, I believe he ultimately handled it poorly, but either way, the girl was going to feel some sort of pain, whether it be mace in the eyes, which is excruciating, or hard concrete

KJJ said:
I never assumed or said he was a racist but anytime a white police officer strikes and unarmed black person the race card is going to come up.

Really though, who cares? People can scream race till their blue in the face and it won't change a damn thing.

KJJ said:
Cops run into unruly people all the time but they're trained to handle the situation without anyone being hurt. This cop was obviously not trained properly because once he punched that girl in the face he could have been jumped by people in the crowd. He should have called for backup when he began having trouble with her. If they ran and jumped in a car they could have been tracked down with their license plate number. The police aren't going to risk a high speed chase trying to catch jaywalkers. LOL

1st of all, how is he going to call backup when he has to use 2 arms to subdue her? And 2ndly, just because he acted poorly doesn't mean he wasn't trained properly. It was in the heat of the moment, and he was pushed. A lot of people react differently to that, and any amount of training probably won't kick in until after the fact.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
TheKey;3437142 said:
I just despise the LSU system. Its highway robbery. They cheat lie and steal from all of the other schools. I heard LSUS, NW, ULM, and LSUA were going to be closed.

Really?

I've never heard that and I doubt LSUS will be closed. It's doing great.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
sm0kie13;3435270 said:
http://www.policetest.info/FORCE_CONTINUUM_POLICE_USE_OF_FORCE.htm

id say i didnt see him try to use much soft empty hand force before he jumped right into hard empty hand force. and even at the hard empty hand stage im pretty sure a punch right in the face isnt supposed to be your first option. he let himself get out of control.

Then you do not have a clue soft empty hand is rarely taught to officer must officers rarely get any type of real training in that area let alone good training. I have a blackbelt in an art that is predicated on take down locks etc and not punches and the concepts are foreigin and I still struggle with them because of relying on muscle at times. In my black belt test I had 4 attackers and guess what at times I still resorted to more brute force than a good soft hand throw.

It is easy for you to sit back and say that but unless you are well trained or at least have a few basic holds and they do not always work in every situation you need an expanded training.

The cops that do get that type of training they try to teach them 2-4 very basic direct effective techniques to use. They get maybe 1 day of trainign on at a specialize seminar.

I always find people that mouth off about this stuff make to many assumption about what cops are taught and a lot of what is taught is what they did at an academy which is usually by an officer that does not know jack or **** about realm training.

The only cops that seem to get regular training om take downs etc is SWAT and guess what SWAT is not going to be on the ground writing tickets for Jay Walking.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3435867 said:
They do it here in Houston, they will go through a period where officers are told to crack down on it

They run cycles through the Medical Center all the time I seen them right the tickets.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3437147 said:

In Seattle, the Office of Police Accountability actually did a study a few years ago and found that a large number of jaywalking stops end in the offender being taken to the ground.

"On many occasions the initial contact was brought about by an allegation of jaywalking which escalated when the citizen failed to comply with the officer’s order to stop. In some cases the failure to stop was due to inattention or merely bad judgment. … the officer’s effort to enforce his or her authority often leads to physical contact with the citizen and often ends with a take-down or, on at least one occasion, with the use of a Taser. In addition, the situation often results in injury to the citizen, the officer(s) or both."

Hoofbite

Reaction score
masomenos;3437197 said:
In Seattle, the Office of Police Accountability actually did a study a few years ago and found that a large number of jaywalking stops end in the offender being taken to the ground.

People don't like being ticketed for crossing the street. Go figure.

I used to hate getting caught by the hall monitors in elementary school.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3435863 said:
I didn't even think people actually got ticketed for Jaywalking.

I've never known of anyone actually getting a ticket.

The area where the incident occurred has been targeted for jaywalking since 2006 at the Seattle Transportation Department's request. From 2002-2006, there were more pedestrians struck by cars in that area than anywhere else in the city.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
masomenos;3437200 said:
The area where the incident occurred has been targeted for jaywalking since 2006 at the Seattle Transportation Department's request. From 2002-2006, there were more pedestrians struck by cars in that area than anywhere else in the city.

Survival of the quickest.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Like I said, the second it would have taken him to reach and un-holster his mace, the 2 suspects could have ran.

They wouldn't have gotten very far they were walking. LOL The most innocent offense can turn into a deadly situation when you're dealing with someone unruly. Just look how out of hand that situation got just because of a jaywalking violation. That cop had all that girls ID info well before it came time to arrest her so she could have been easily apprehended had she took off.

Yes, I believe he ultimately handled it poorly, but either way, the girl was going to feel some sort of pain, whether it be mace in the eyes, which is excruciating, or hard concrete

It would have looked alot better had he tased or maced her instead of punching her in the face for shoving him. I've never seen a cop punch a woman in the face before. Tackle her throw her down but don't punch them in the face in front of a crowd it could cause a riot. That haymaker could have seriously injured her or she could have been killed had she fell and hit her head on the payment. If Seattle is going to have an officer patrolling around without a partner they better be sure he's big, strong and intimidating looking so they don't have teenage girls coming up and shoving them around.

1st of all, how is he going to call backup when he has to use 2 arms to subdue her? And 2ndly, just because he acted poorly doesn't mean he wasn't trained properly. It was in the heat of the moment, and he was pushed. A lot of people react differently to that, and any amount of training probably won't kick in until after the fact.

Once he saw she was resisting arrest he should have stepped away and called for backup a squad car could have been there in 2 minutes or less. He had all her ID info so she was stuck even if she decided to run. Running would have just added to her problems. By struggling with her for over 2 minutes playing what Vince Lombardi would have called grab grab grab a scene broke out which caused a crowd to gather. There needed to be at least one other officer there to subdue her so the other one could cuff her. If I'm a cop dealing with someone who's screaming and resisting arrest and a crowd is gathering with bystanders cursing at me I'm calling for backup. In female prisons if they have an unruly inmate banging around in their cell they rush the inmate with several officers to quickly subdue them so no one gets hurt. That officer was having trouble handling that girl and you could see in his eyes he was getting flustered and could have panicked had one of the bystanders that were yapping at him started charging him.

He had his back to several of them while he was wrestling with her and someone could have come up from behind him and struck him or disarmed him. He turned a simple jaywalking situation into a very dangerous situation where people could have been injured and killed. The police are trained for heat of the moment exchanges. They're ready for any situation that may arise no matter how routine it appears because the unexpected can happen at anytime. I have alot of respect for police officers because they risk their life every day. There's alot of bad cops out there and some don't follow procedure and it can lead to a deadly situation. This cop clearly lost control of the situation and he's damn lucky it didn't turn tragic.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
Jon88;3437183 said:
Really?

I've never heard that and I doubt LSUS will be closed. It's doing great.

It's more about the state wanting to save money and consolidate and less about how the schools are doing. Tech, LSU, Mcneese, Tulane, Nichols, ULL, NW, Grambling, SELA, Xaiver, UNO, LSUS, LSUA, ULM. Don't you think that is too many 4 year universities for LA?

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
TheKey;3437312 said:
It's more about the state wanting to save money and consolidate and less about how the schools are doing. Tech, LSU, Mcneese, Tulane, Nichols, ULL, NW, Grambling, SELA, Xaiver, UNO, LSUS, LSUA, ULM. Don't you think that is too many 4 year universities for LA?

Not as long as they're all making money I don't.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Jon88;3437318 said:
Not as long as they're all making money I don't.

Schools aren't about making money. They are about giving a good education. Would the students be better served if there were less options but better overall teaching at each institution?

If the answer is yes, some schools should close.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3437320 said:
Schools aren't about making money. They are about giving a good education. Would the students be better served if there were less options but better overall teaching at each institution?

If the answer is yes, some schools should close.

Tech should close.