What do you guys think about this?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Idgit;3436514 said:
They're lucky he wasn't a lot more aggressive than he was.

That cop is lucky he wasn't alot more aggressive than he was.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
KJJ;3436528 said:

Oh yeah, oh yeah.

:rolleyes:

I've been roughed up by the cops but she deserved that.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KJJ;3436528 said:

God forbid someone shoving an officer while her friend resists arrest get popped in the nose.

The police guild is understandably standing behind the officer. We'll see what the IA investigation determines. Meanwhile, the woman gets a court date for an assaulting an officer charge that's clearly caught on tape.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
That's why there are some states in Billions of debt.

They just don't understand.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Idgit;3436532 said:
God forbid someone shoving an officer while her friend resists arrest get popped in the nose.

The police guild is understandably standing behind the officer. We'll see what the IA investigation determines. Meanwhile, the woman gets a court date for an assaulting an officer charge that's clearly caught on tape.

If that cop would have just grabbed her, took her down and cuffed her instead of grabbing at her for over a minute there would be no need for an investigation. After he punched her friend someone in the crowd could have tossed a bottle at him or several could have jumped him and people could have died over a jaywalking violation. He needed other officers with him to show some force and help him contain her. That situation could have turned deadly.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
KJJ;3436536 said:
If that cop would have just grabbed her, took her down and cuffed her instead of grabbing at her for over a minute there would be no need for an investigation. After he punched her friend someone in the crowd could have tossed a bottle at him or several could have jumped him and people could have died over a jaywalking violation. He needed other officers with him to show some force and help him contain her. That situation could have turned deadly.

You conveniently left what I said out.

I told you I've been beat up by the cops.

She deserved it, though.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jon88;3436540 said:
You convenietly left what I said out.

I told you I've been beat up by the cops.

She deserved it, though.

I wasn't responding to you and haven't read anything you've said.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
KJJ;3436542 said:
I wasn't responding to you and haven't read anything you've said.

I can tell.

KJJ

"in Malibu"

That's not your car and you don't live in Malibu.

That's as plain as day.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KJJ;3436536 said:

If you're saying he could have handled it more assertively sooner, I'm not arguing with that. If I'm a cop, as soon as someone physically resists arrest, I aggressively immobilize them and cuff them immediately, then go after the friend and do the same.

But that's not the point. The point was whether or not the punch was justified under the circumstances, and it clearly was.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jon88;3436544 said:
I can tell.

KJJ

"in Malibu"

That's not your car and you don't live in Malibu.

That's as plain as day.

What's as plain as day is that you just got offended. LOL Cheer up I read your last two posts. :p:

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
KJJ;3436551 said:
What's as plain as day is that you just got offended. LOL Cheer up I read your last two posts. :p:

Yeah OK.

Where do you live, really? And what do you drive? Don't tell me a Dodge Neon.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Idgit;3436547 said:
If you're saying he could have handled it more assertively sooner, I'm not arguing with that. If I'm a cop, as soon as someone physically resists arrest, I aggressively immobilize them and cuff them immediately, then go after the friend and do the same.

But that's not the point. The point was whether or not the punch was justified under the circumstances, and it clearly was.

That's exactly what I'm saying as soon as she started resisting arrest he should have without hesitation forcefully grabbed her and pushed her up against the car like the girl he punched or taken her to the ground with his knee in her back and cuffed her. The problem was he kept grabbing at her wrists dancing around with her for well over a minute and as she kept pulling away she got more and more agitated which caused a crowd to start forming. Seattle is already in an uproar after an unarmed man got beaten up by the police there not long ago so things could have really turned ugly after he punched that girl.

There were several black dudes standing near him showing their displeasure after he struck her and they could have moved in on him. They could have disarmed him while he was tussling with her or he may have been forced to shoot with innocent bystanders being hit. The police are trained to do everything they can to end a situation peacefully without anyone getting hurt. A good well trained officer would have taken her down immediately once she started resisting arrest and it would have been over and done with very quickly.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jon88;3436552 said:
Yeah OK.

Where do you live, really? And what do you drive? Don't tell me a Dodge Neon.

Boy I really got under your skin didn't I? :lmao: Good news I've read your last 3 posts so step away from that ledge. LOL

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
KJJ;3436556 said:
Boy I really got under your skin didn't I? :lmao: Good news I've read your last 3 posts so step away from that ledge. LOL

KJJ;3436557 said:
I'm starting to see why. :p:

Wierd.

At least I'm real. AKA, not fake.

So now you see the cops beating someone up as ok.

Who are you?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jon88;3436560 said:
Wierd.

At least I'm real. AKA, not fake.

So now you see the cops beating someone up as ok.

Who are you?

Subduing someone forcefully who's resisting arrest isn't beating them up. :rolleyes: Sounds like you're still suffering the affects from that beating the police gave you. Now run along and go check in with your parole officer.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Idgit;3436522 said:
Only he was allegedly trained to react exactly the way that he did. Or to react the way that he did faster.

And *of course* a normal guy would be arrested for pounding someone. What has that got to do with what an officer does in the course of being assaulted while someone is resisting arrest?

do you honestly think it is ok for him to pound her one in the face?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3436812 said:

He is not there to be a gentleman, while dealing with the arrest of one person the other person intervened at went after the cop. I have no issue with it at all. We could play the what if game all day of what he could have done but while we are at it lets play what if while in the process of struggling with them one of them removes the gun from his holster. Cops are not punching bags and when they react they will react with force. Both of these girls could have made it easier on themselves by doing what they were being asked to do.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CanadianCowboysFan;3436812 said:

Yep. Absolutely. Emphatically.

She has *no business* interfering with his arrest at all, and she contributed to a dangerous situation by not listening to the officer's directions in the first place.

These guys risk their lives all the time. They've got every right to contain potentially dangerous situations, aggressively if they have to. There's no excuse for putting a cop in danger just because you disagree with their interpretation of your behavior. That's what the courts are for.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Probably should have tazed her, having said that, you **** with a cop you're gonna get it in some form or fashion.