What do you think is the biggest mistake thus far?

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
30 year old Henry at $8M was too rich for me but Gus Edwards on the 3 year deal at $3.25M per year that the Chargers gave him would have been a sneaky good signing.

Not finding $6M to retain Tyron Smith was criminal.

Outside of that, I really don't have too many issues with their inaction. The center with the unspellable name needed to be upgraded on his rookie salary. No way I'm giving that dude $10M a year.

Gallup was an expensive progress stopper. LVE's spine is shot. Given the choice, I would have rather kept Jourdan Lewis over Stephon Gilmore. Gilmore is a name but can't carry guys deep anymore and crossing routes gave him trouble all year.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
What has been the biggest mistake so far this off-season? Was it letting Tyron go, Biadiez go, Gallup, not signing Henry? Thoughts?
To be fair, in light of the CAP situation, 2024 end of season and uncertainty about Dak, all of those (non) moves make sense.
The biggest mistake was: 1) the All-In comment and 2) keeping the same FO for the last 30 years, so that EVERYONE can predict how we operate.....hence lose out at every turn.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
The unknown, if you're doing something big/rebuild, just let us know!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Everything that has happened so far was expected. So there haven't been any mistakes made.

One thing I would have liked to see is Zach Moss or Gus Edwards but even they were too expensive.
Agree. I mean, maybe sign a RB, but that's about it. The Kendricks signing was a very pleasant surprise, so it's actually been better than I expected.

Creeper

Reaction score
I think the total lack of activity is just one giant mess but if I had to go with one move that was a mistake that will haunt them in 2024, I will stick to DT. Not signing a top DT to help stop the run when we have known for a long time stopping the run is an issue for this team will turn out to be the biggest mistake this team made. But it will be overshadowed buy how bad the entire team will be due to the loss of so many players.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I think the total lack of activity is just one giant mess but if I had to go with one move that was a mistake that will haunt them in 2024, I will stick to DT. Not signing a top DT to help stop the run when we have known for a long time stopping the run is an issue for this team will turn out to be the biggest mistake this team made. But it will be overshadowed buy how bad the entire team will be due to the loss of so many players.
But aren't they peanut buttering Mazi to be said run stuffer?
To be fair, the GB game was lost before they started to run the clock down.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I agree, just the inactivity thing is bothering me when we have the options to be ACTIVE!!
But have we? We can restructure, but to what end, a last huzzah for Dak. We spend this year, just kills 2025 (when we, or some, hope we have CeeDee and Dak to extend).
This COULD be the Jerry way of thinking....'why kick the can, if we have a top team schedule, a team with weaknesses and the potential to have no CAP and no QB in 2025'.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not addressing the LB situation
But the biggest mistake is probably yet to come and that's extending Dak AFTER FA is over

Big_D

Reaction score
They could’ve freed up enough space to get a DT, a LB and a RB. Which would’ve been a nice haul heading into the draft. Instead it’s another low level aging inexpensive signing.