What do you think is the biggest mistake thus far?

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
Lewis signed a one-year deal with the Cowboys last Thursday.
Gilmore is still unsigned.
Yep, tracking. That's why I said I don't have an issue with their inaction, outside of the RB position and Tyron. I agree with the decision to let Biadiscz, Fowler, and Armstrong walk and I think they made the right decision to keep Lewis instead of Gilmore.

The only criticisms I have are how they've neglected their backfield and could have kept Smith on the cheap with an incentives laden contract.

rambo2

Reaction score
What has been the biggest mistake so far this off-season? Was it letting Tyron go, Biadiez go, Gallup, not signing Henry? Thoughts?
It could be anything. They need a lot of things to go right for them to get over the hump.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'll make you a deal. I'll stop using the word "criminal" if you start using punctuation.
Dude I use talk to text because most of you fools I'm not wasting my time I multitask this isn't my priority on a daily basis social media can handle less punctuation and proper grammar and perfectly structured sentences which I'm fully capable of but not for you so if you don't like it don't read it but I'm telling you using the word criminal is what soft *** people in society nowadays would call someone a criminal for cutting a player who was way past his prime who was gonna probably leave anyway it was ridiculous word to use if you can't see it I can't help you and no I'm not putting punctuation in this either because I'm using talk to text 1 long ramble on to the next one....:muttley::popcorn::espn:

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
There simply isn't a way to make this a super bowl contender. Need a lot more than we could've overpaid for in FA.
Yup. 2024 was an obvious wash after MM was said to be our "best way forward" immediately after the Green Bay nightmare. That obviously didn't mean the best way forward to win, but the best way forward for saving cash. If that game didn't cost Jerry a wink, what will?

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Kendricks is an excellent addition.
he’s a declining player who was a step slow to react a lot of last year. He’s a solid role player, maybe he’s “excellent” in the context of having safeties playing the position last year and maybe he’d be “excellent” if he was one of 2 line backers they brought in but he’s a linebacker whose making $3 million dollar next season. That’s the quality of player he is.

The fact that anyone is parading him around like “problem solved” at linebacker is funny. His best asset is he knows Zimmers system. It’s a decent to good signing at best. San Fran, a team that competes for super bowls and in championship game was going to use him as a bridge until greenlaw came back but ideally a 3rd linebacker.

Flamma

Reaction score
Nope. It's not understanding how to get better. Every time Jerry has tried to get better he's gone out and hamstrung the franchise by acquiring WRs and CBs at great cost. Jerry does not comprehend that no other positions matter if your trenches suck.
Well yeah. Apparently they don't understand. But instead of trying to improve, they stopped trying altogether.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Everything that has happened so far was expected. So there haven't been any mistakes made.

One thing I would have liked to see is Zach Moss or Gus Edwards but even they were too expensive.
I expected mistakes and the Jones boys came through again

Flamma

Reaction score
The argument could be that Jerry has realised he can't improve in 2024 (sufficient enough for success), sign Dak and sign CeeDee.
So his worst mistake was ALL- IN comment.
None of their moves in the offseason is ever with the intent to improve the team. None of it. Their offseason is something a team would do if they just won the SB. Just drafting and filling holes after the draft is not a way to get better results. It's just maintenance.

rambo2

Reaction score
he’s a declining player who was a step slow to react a lot of last year. He’s a solid role player, maybe he’s “excellent” in the context of having safeties playing the position last year and maybe he’d be “excellent” if he was one of 2 line backers they brought in but he’s a linebacker whose making $3 million dollar next season. That’s the quality of player he is.

The fact that anyone is parading him around like “problem solved” at linebacker is funny. His best asset is he knows Zimmers system. It’s a decent to good signing at best. San Fran, a team that competes for super bowls and in championship game was going to use him as a bridge until greenlaw came back but ideally a 3rd linebacker.
His play last year was better than any linebacker that the Cowboys have. He is going to be the green dot and is very experienced with Zimmer. This is a very good pick up for the Cowboys. A great fit. Him being so cheap also leaves them some money to bring back Hankins and sign a running back as well.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Dude I use talk to text because most of you fools I'm not wasting my time I multitask this isn't my priority on a daily basis social media can handle less punctuation and proper grammar and perfectly structured sentences which I'm fully capable of but not for you so if you don't like it don't read it but I'm telling you using the word criminal is what soft *** people in society nowadays would call someone a criminal for cutting a player who was way past his prime who was gonna probably leave anyway it was ridiculous word to use if you can't see it I can't help you and no I'm not putting punctuation in this either because I'm using talk to text 1 long ramble on to the next one....:muttley::popcorn::espn:
I need to learn how to do that. I can ramble for days on end it seems when I'm multitasking.

rambo2

Reaction score
I expected mistakes and the Jones boys came through again
They aren't clearly mistakes until it all comes out in the wash. We have to see who they get and how they play and who gets hurt on the Cowboys and on the other teams. Tyron Smith could get hurt walking in an airport and the Cowboys could hit on their draft. Any of the running backs they missed on could go down at anytime and the backs we bring in could play well. We just don't know.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I need to learn how to do that. I can ramble for days on end it seems when I'm multitasking.
Look man I'm not making excuses I just got too many things going on I don't really believe I have ADD but I'm trying to do too many things I'm on too many social media sites while trying to work while putting together estimates while answering the phone and while thinking about what I need to go out in my yard and do so I'm not going back and fixing these which by the way like on Facebook if I had the time and I saw some really bad sentence structures and something I wanted to correct I could do that anytime but in here that times out in 5 minutes so I can't even go back and get anything remedy but I'm for sure not stopping and typing and going back and fixing stuff for social media this is not a priority it's just a hobby it's a passion I like coming and talking Cowboys but I ain't doing it with perfect sentence structure, grammar and spelling being a priority..

But you haven't talked to text thing works pretty damn well on my PC I rarely sign into this place on a phone now there are occasions I use an iPad if I'm away from the office and in a meeting or on the road and then I'll sign in here on that but yeah talk to text has become a thing for me and yeah it's made my post ramble on into run on sentences and I really don't care I think people get the drift of what I am trying to get across...

shabazz

Reaction score
The unknown, if you're doing something big/rebuild, just let us know!!
No owner ever tells season ticket holders and $ponsors that it's in rebuild mode....you merely take the necessary steps and let the essence flow

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What has been the biggest mistake so far this off-season? Was it letting Tyron go, Biadiez go, Gallup, not signing Henry? Thoughts?
Not signing Aaron Jones or Henry was a mistake. Now we have nothing at RB and there’s no one left in free agency that looks appealing so now we’re going to have to depend on the draft. With the loss of our top back and the losses on the OL our running game could end up being nonexistent next season.

rambo2

Reaction score
No owner ever tells season ticket holders and $ponsors that it's in rebuild mode....you merely take the necessary steps and let the essence flow
Don't all teams rebuild every year?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'm on board with cutting the dead weight on this roster and letting them walk if they have not shown the ability to improve.
Staying the same is exactly why this franchise is in the position that they are currently in.
The FO is basically doing what they have to do since they painted themselves into such a tight corner with huge contract blunders.