What do you think is the biggest mistake thus far?

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
His play last year was better than any linebacker that the Cowboys have. He is going to be the green dot and is very experienced with Zimmer. This is a very good pick up for the Cowboys. A great fit. Him being so cheap also leaves them some money to bring back Hankins and sign a running back as well.
Saying his play last year was better than any line backer the cowboys had is like saying “I won first place” at an ugliest person competition. They literally had guys who weren’t linebackers playing the position lol. It’s a very good pick up if you have other line backers on the team. We don’t. Jesus have some higher expectations man.

It’s ok to be critical of the team Rambo…not every signing is a home run. They could have gotten a better linebacker and still signed Hankins and a running back ( considering their market for a running back is like $2 million dollars). Kendrick’s is a prototypical Jerry signing;

He’s got name recognition because he used to be very good, he’s very cheap and he plays in a scheme he knows so they can talk up the “he knows the language” fit and ignore that fact that he’s a declining player. His market was $3million dollars and elite teams wanted him as a 3rd linebacker ideally ( San Fran).

Strykerscm

Reaction score
Other front offices have to openly laugh at Jerry jones and his family. Other than the wealth that they have, it would prolly be funny in that elite circle.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If the plan is NOT to move Tyler to LT, then figuring to get a starter in the draft is pretty dumb, even for these two.

If they couple that with paying the QB 50-60 million a year and choose to protect him in that way, it’s takes things to monumentally dumb range.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know that there has been any mistakes. Personnel wise, this may be the beginning of a retooling which I'm fine with..
If there is one major mistake, it's keeping McCarthy and letting Quinn go.
we'll see this when we face Washington this year.

rambo2

Reaction score
Saying his play last year was better than any line backer the cowboys had is like saying “I won first place” at an ugliest person competition. They literally had guys who weren’t linebackers playing the position lol. It’s a very good pick up if you have other line backers on the team. We don’t. Jesus have some higher expectations man.

It’s ok to be critical of the team Rambo…not every signing is a home run. They could have gotten a better linebacker and still signed Hankins and a running back ( considering their market for a running back is like $2 million dollars). Kendrick’s is a prototypical Jerry signing;

He’s got name recognition because he used to be very good, he’s very cheap and he plays in a scheme he knows so they can talk up the “he knows the language” fit and ignore that fact that he’s a declining player. His market was $3million dollars and elite teams wanted him as a 3rd linebacker ideally ( San Fran).
They do have Overshown as well. It's OK to like getting better at linebacker.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not signing every high priced FA out there that all the couch GM's wanted. :muttley:

rambo2

Reaction score
I don't know that there has been any mistakes. Personnel wise, this may be the beginning of a retooling which I'm fine with..
If there is one major mistake, it's keeping McCarthy and letting Quinn go.
we'll see this when we face Washington this year.
Really? We have no idea how a rookie qb will work out for Washington. See the Bears, Jets, and Panthers.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
They do have Overshown as well. It's OK to like getting better at linebacker.
They got better because there was no place to go but up. Overshown is a rookie coming off an acl tear. As I said Kendrick’s is an upgrade but he’s a declining player, slow to react and his best days are far behind him. He’d be great as your 3rd or 2nd line backer.

I’m sorry your expectations are so low for the team

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Really? We have no idea how a rookie qb will work out for Washington. See the Bears, Jets, and Panthers.
Yet you know how a rookie linebacker coming over an acl tear will work for the cowboys lol (overshown)

DandyDon52

Reaction score
There simply isn't a way to make this a super bowl contender. Need a lot more than we could've overpaid for in FA.
yes, unless you got a new HC a few good FA are not going to help enough.
I also think they are trying to make dak play with crappy team, so maybe he does what they want.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not firing MM.
By keeping him none of the rest matters.
Disagree. Fire MM and then a new HC wants to switch everyone out. If Jerry says no, then why would a coach come in to do that.
Same for the players. Maybe a purge is being allowed. Then go with a complete change in 2025, if this season is not any different, as further in he playoffs.

Three 12-5 season, 3 straight playoff appearances, regardless lack of playoff success. Still the core team is 90% in place. You do not fire your HC at this point.

Creeper

Reaction score
But aren't they peanut buttering Mazi to be said run stuffer?
To be fair, the GB game was lost before they started to run the clock down.
I am no longer counting chickens, or a plumped up Mazi, before I see something hatch. I think getting Mazi back to 330-ish will help, but he really needs to get a quicker jump on the snap too.

More importantly, behind Mazi what do we have? Carl Davis? From what I saw of him last year he is so limited. They need more.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sure they'll install a system that a rookie can work with see (Dak Prescott)
But most importantly, players love to play for Quinn and they play hard. Which is every bit as important as talent and scheme. Look what Quinn inherited 3 years ago, and how soon he turned it around.