What does Pollard have to do?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@atlantacowboy

Do you get the signature stats from PFF? If so, do they still have the pass blocking efficiency stat and can you provide what the stats show for Zeke and Pollard for the past few years?

Yes, I have sig stats. Let me dig through. I just look at the player grades. hold on......
2021 Pass block efficiency for Zeke is 86.8 and pollard is 87.5
2020 Zeke was 92.2 and pollard was 91.7
2019 Zeke was 92.9 and pollard was 80.0

I'm not sure what point your making. Overall, they both suck in pass blocking with PFF season scores below 50.

Last edited:

Aftershock

Reaction score
Why don't we just keep Gallup at roughly Elliott's contract and jettison Elliott and draft a couple new backs in the mid rounds? RBBC with Pollard the lead back
That's not how it works. Zeke, if gone during the '22 season will hit our cap by $30M. That's dead money that couldnt otherwise be placed on Pollard. Otherwise teams would just dump off their contracted players if they regress every time and not be penalized for it

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What games are you watching? Our offense with Zeke stinks. He’s not doing this pile pushing. He’s terrible right now and everyone sees it. Even Aikman is calling it out on Tv.

You can keep pushing the pile for 1 or 2 yards or whatever you claim but we still suck on 3rd down.

Pollard isn’t one of the best yards after contact runners because he goes down easy either.

Other than one explosive play our running game with Pollard hasn’t been any better. He had 71 yards rushing last night and 58 of it was on one play. Which means his other 6 carries only gained 13 yards. Everybody thought Troy Hambrick, Marion Barber and Felix Jones would be terrific every down backs because they were making explosive plays as complementary backs. None of them were! It would be the same with Pollard. He’s a very good complementary back. That’s what he is!

Rajveer

Reaction score
It’s painfully obvious to everyone but a few fans who think a fullbacks skill set is more important for a offense than explosive plays.

What is happening is this is shedding a big bright light on a major problem in Dallas.

They would rather send out 1 legged hobbling Zeke and not give Pollard a bigger opportunity because of a contract.
:hammer:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You want the defense guessing if it is run or pass. You also want the option to change the play at the line.

Better to have a guy that can do both.

He does both. yes Zeke is better at blocking true but pollard is better at running for 30+ yards which is their primary job. Pollard is at least an average level blocker. Make the defense respect Pollards break away ability and throw behind it, helping keep LB in the box to open up the middle of the field. And honestly right now they are giving away too many tells based on alignment anyway, the defenses know what Moore is calling, there is very little trickery happening.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
To earn more opportunities?

After scoring a 58 yard touchdown on a big run in the 3rd quarter one would think he would have more than 2 carries in the final 4 possessions.

Why so few touches after breaking off a long run? This isn't the 1st time Moore has gone away from him. In the KC game, Pollard's 1st touch broke off 31 yards. He then only got 6 other carries.

Outside of pollards big runs he and Zeke have nearly identical yards per carry averages so why not feed the 1 guy who has shown the ability to break off the bigger runs? I'm not saying he needs 20+ carries but 12-15 would seem to be earned.

1. JJ must be in love with him
2. has to have a high contract

then he will get more touches

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Who replaces Zeke? Don't say Pollard because that is the wrong answer.

We still need defense help and Oline help. Drafting a RB just takes away from that.

right.

zeke can be replaced with any kind of rb. you dont need to sacrifice pollard for him. just draft one in the 5th round. finding a good blitz pickup man aint so hard.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Pollard has had plenty of chances. He was stopped last night as Zeke had been. As well in other games also as of late.
He breaks a long run and his slobberers disregard every one or two yard run.

He has missed many blocks allowing Dak to get sacked or throw an errant pass. Zeke has mossed what 1 block this year, and it was not really his guy to block.

I like Pollard and glad we have him. But as a combination not as a lone RB.

But nothing will convince you or others, so I am not trying to do that. But people need to stop with the Pollard needs to be the lone RB also.
I like Pollard's role as a change of pace RB... Too many plays and he'll get shut down like Zeke does... Teams plan for Zeke... Not for Pollard...

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
It's something you'd know if you watch the games. Fairly.

I'm pretty sure my eyes weren't lying when I saw Pollard get steamrolled.

Yes of course.....zeke misses on occasion....with 10 times more blocking load.
Here’s the thing. I also see Zeke whiff and get steamrolled. It’s chalked up to everyone misses a block though. I want to see just how bad Pollard is compared to Zeke instead of just the high level talk.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Yes, I have sig stats. Let me dig through. I just look at the player grades. hold on......
2021 Pass block efficiency for Zeke is 86.8 and pollard is 87.5
2020 Zeke was 92.2 and pollard was 91.7
2019 Zeke was 92.9 and pollard was 80.0

I'm not sure what point your making. Overall, they both suck in pass blocking with PFF season scores below 50.
Thanks. Just wanting to see what some stats say. Who do they have listed as good passing blocking RBs? I know Ingram used to be highly rated a couple years ago.

Last edited:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

After scoring a 58 yard touchdown on a big run in the 3rd quarter one would think he would have more than 2 carries in the final 4 possessions.

Why so few touches after breaking off a long run? This isn't the 1st time Moore has gone away from him. In the KC game, Pollard's 1st touch broke off 31 yards. He then only got 6 other carries.

Outside of pollards big runs he and Zeke have nearly identical yards per carry averages so why not feed the 1 guy who has shown the ability to break off the bigger runs? I'm not saying he needs 20+ carries but 12-15 would seem to be earned.
Pollard needs to hide Zekes helmet during games.:eek::eek:

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Right now offense is better off with TP since Zeke is injured. Before the injuries Zeke was playing great. Zeke should have been shut down the last couple weeks.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here’s the thing. I also see Zeke whiff and get steamrolled. It’s chalked up to everyone misses a block though. I want to see just how bad Pollard is compared to Zeke instead of just the high level talk.
We will have to disagree they perform the same in this role. Especially given the work load. What a shame. :(

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
We will have to disagree they perform the same in this role. Especially given the work load. What a shame. :(
I didn’t say they perform the same. I don’t doubt Zeke is better. I just wasn’t wo sure the gap between the two is as steep as people believe and was looking for some reason sort of measurement instead of fans high level opinions.

Brooksey

Reaction score
It’s painfully obvious to everyone but a few fans who think a fullbacks skill set is more important for a offense than explosive plays.

What is happening is this is shedding a big bright light on a major problem in Dallas.

They would rather send out 1 legged hobbling Zeke and not give Pollard a bigger opportunity because of a contract.

Fo JJ to say were gonna see a big dose of Zeke seemed like he's tired of paying big money for guys to sit hurt
I understand his frustration but it doesn't help to put them on the field and be a liability

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks. Just wanting to see what some stats say. Who do they have listed as good passing blocking RBs? I know Ingram used to be highly rated a couple years ago.

This year top 5 are

1. Mike Davis 70
2. Myles Gaskin 62
3. Najee Harris 61
4. Jonathan Taylor 51
4. James Connor 51

Zeke is 12th with a grade of 44.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't wait until Pollard's no longer on the roster so we won't have to have this discussion.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

He cant do anything, in fact he is doing too much breaking long runs for td's gets him put on the bench!! :rolleyes: :laugh:
They cant let him outshine zeke, who is the highest paid rb in the league, and a favorite of jerry
and daks buddy.
So short answer is nothing he can do except stop breaking those long runs !!