What does Pollard have to do?

RaZon

Reaction score
RB's who pack a punch wear down a defense, so there is a place for an Iron Head, Nigerian Nightmare, The Diesell, The Bus, Csonka, The Truck.

Ya need Thunder Thornton and The Roadrunner Rufus Ferguson both out there,

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn’t say they perform the same. I don’t doubt Zeke is better. I just wasn’t wo sure the gap between the two is as steep as people believe and was looking for some reason sort of measurement instead of fans high level opinions.
You know he's regarded as one of if not the best by non cowboy deluded fans.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
To earn more opportunities?

After scoring a 58 yard touchdown on a big run in the 3rd quarter one would think he would have more than 2 carries in the final 4 possessions.

Why so few touches after breaking off a long run? This isn't the 1st time Moore has gone away from him. In the KC game, Pollard's 1st touch broke off 31 yards. He then only got 6 other carries.

Outside of pollards big runs he and Zeke have nearly identical yards per carry averages so why not feed the 1 guy who has shown the ability to break off the bigger runs? I'm not saying he needs 20+ carries but 12-15 would seem to be earned.

Kellen Moore is totally Overhyped. It's basically the same (set it and forget it) 11 and 12 personell scheme we've been watching for 20 years. No 2 RB or 4-5 wr formations. Ugh

We've got Lamb, Cooper, Gallop, Wilson, and Brown and haven't gone (5 wide ever) or
(4 wide) twice all year using our best wrs.

Our offensive passing scheme is built around a couple of Jag Tes that have very little scoring or big play capabilities against good teams. That's why we seldom beat any good teams.

Pollard has been producing well for 3 years but gets crumbs. Dak isnt running much anymore and we're still using predictable 1 RB formations on short yardage plays.

I think he is Overhyped w all of the talent we have.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Kellen Moore is totally Overhyped. It's basically the same (set it and forget it) 11 and 12 personell scheme we've been watching for 20 years. No 2 RB or 4-5 wr formations. Ugh

We've got Lamb, Cooper, Gallop, Wilson, and Brown and haven't gone (5 wide ever) or
(4 wide) twice all year using our best wrs.

Our offensive passing scheme is built around a couple of Jag Tes that have very little scoring or big play capabilities against good teams. That's why we seldom beat any good teams.

Pollard has been producing well for 3 years but gets crumbs. Dak isnt running much anymore and we're still using predictable 1 RB formations on short yardage plays.

I think he is Overhyped w all of the talent we have.

It's not the formations so much but the route combo's called. Yesterday for example he called alot of deep routes where the receivers just run straight up field into coverage or stupid behind the line crap. It wasn't untill he called some crossing routes to lamb that we started getting some 1st downs. It's like we have linehan all over again.

cowboyec

Reaction score
he just needs to continue to make the most of his touches.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

After scoring a 58 yard touchdown on a big run in the 3rd quarter one would think he would have more than 2 carries in the final 4 possessions.

Why so few touches after breaking off a long run? This isn't the 1st time Moore has gone away from him. In the KC game, Pollard's 1st touch broke off 31 yards. He then only got 6 other carries.

Outside of pollards big runs he and Zeke have nearly identical yards per carry averages so why not feed the 1 guy who has shown the ability to break off the bigger runs? I'm not saying he needs 20+ carries but 12-15 would seem to be earned.
Whatever it is, he couldn't do it in college....he didn't even start there...he's a really good change up back....but he's not a bell cow.....simple as that.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Zeke is the $90 million man. Jerry wants to get his money worth. So he will start and be useless. Don't ever underestimate Jerry's ego.

rambo2

Reaction score

He already gets plenty of opportunities and makes a lot of big plays.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Maybe Moore just figures when Pollard is in, defenses will expect him to get the ball. I don't know, to be honest. But Zeke will wear the defense down more with his power, so maybe that has something to do with it.

RaZon

Reaction score
Lol, what happened to Superman in Tennessee?

Do I really have to list that long list showing you RB's who had a long productive career, well?

Just one for now...

Jim Brown 8 All Pro seasons, 9 pro bowl seasons, averaged 5.2 a carry and 100 yards a game. He never missed a game in his nine season career, ya want more?

How did Emmitt Smith do?

rambo2

Reaction score
Do I really have to list that long list showing you RB's who had a long productive career, well?

Just one for now...

Jim Brown 8 All Pro seasons, 9 pro bowl seasons, ageraged 5.2 a carry and 100 yards a game. He never missed a game in his nine season career, ya want more?

How did Emmitt Smith do?
Looks like you are talking about less than 5% of all running backs.

RaZon

Reaction score
Looks like you are talking about less than 5% of all running backs.

No I'm not and you did say....all...right?

Where did ya get this idea all RB's wear down, that simply isn't true at all. During a game the more carries the better and all RB's will tell you that.

See Zeke's...feed me..thing, well there ya go.

rambo2

Reaction score
No I'm not and you did say....all...right?

Where did ya get this idea all RB's wear down, that simply isn't true at all. During a game the more carries the better and all RB's will tell you that.

See Zeke's...feed me..thing, well there ya go.
Yes, see Zeke.

RaZon

Reaction score
Yes, see Zeke.

That's not wearing down that is injury.

Walter Payton had a long productive career, at 31 he was an All Pro, retired at 33

And it goes on and on, just accept you are wrong, ok?

Everyone knows a RB wants all the carries he can get, nobody is wearing down.

rambo2

Reaction score
That's not wearing down that is injury.

Walter Payton had a long productive career, at 31 he was an All Pro, retired at 33

And it goes on and on, just accept you are wrong, ok?
Walter Payton is dead.