What does Pollard have to do?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Pollards pass blocking is fine. It’s not some weakness and most of the time these guys check and go on a route anyways.

You guys want a fullback in our backfield running the ball. I’ll take a playmaker that makes plays and doesn’t waste them.
Pollard is terrible in pass protection. He gets destroyed. Why sign a player JUST for pass protection when we already have a RB who can?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
@atlantacowboy

Do you get the signature stats from PFF? If so, do they still have the pass blocking efficiency stat and can you provide what the stats show for Zeke and Pollard for the past few years?

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Pollards pass blocking is fine. It’s not some weakness and most of the time these guys check and go on a route anyways.

You guys want a fullback in our backfield running the ball. I’ll take a playmaker that makes plays and doesn’t waste them.
He’s not a fullback. At least be honest and ask if we want an injured Zeke playing? Before the knee injury Zeke was playing great.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Here is a game with Tony Pollard being featured last season with Zeke on the sideline.

Spoiler alert.. He gave us a spark.. Something Zeke couldn’t do nearly all season.

It one game! He’s not going to consistently have games like that if he was having to carry the load. We’ve seen games where he’s being stuffed in the backfield. Our OL is the issue. We can’t just be banging Pollard into a brick wall down after down hoping that he can eventually break one off. He’ll eventually wear down and it will take its toll on him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He’s not a fullback. At least be honest and ask if we want an injured Zeke playing? Before the knee injury Zeke was playing great.

And I think Zeke still needs a role in the offense.

He’s a finisher.

But the guy sucks at starting drives.

Once we cross the 50 and the offense has built some momentum than bring him in the game.

But the guy does not get the offense going at all.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
To earn more opportunities?

After scoring a 58 yard touchdown on a big run in the 3rd quarter one would think he would have more than 2 carries in the final 4 possessions.

Why so few touches after breaking off a long run? This isn't the 1st time Moore has gone away from him. In the KC game, Pollard's 1st touch broke off 31 yards. He then only got 6 other carries.

Outside of pollards big runs he and Zeke have nearly identical yards per carry averages so why not feed the 1 guy who has shown the ability to break off the bigger runs? I'm not saying he needs 20+ carries but 12-15 would seem to be earned.
You'll get your wish when the Boys take on the Skins. Zek's knee seems to be affecting his style of play and I wouldn't be surprised if they just sit him for a game or two to see if it will helps his game.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keep in mind Zeke is Prescott's best friend.

Sure his contract has a lot to do with it but that plays a factor too.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It one game! He’s not going to consistently have games like that if he was having to carry the load. We’ve seen games where he’s being stuffed in the backfield. Our OL is the issue. We can’t just be banging Pollard into a brick wall down after down hoping that he can eventually break one off. He’ll eventually wear down and it will take its toll on him.

Don’t tell me about consistency and carrying the load and offer up Zeke.

Zeke is not that guy. Dallas just forces it on him but he can’t do it and remain elite. It’s just going through the motions at this point.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Don’t tell me about consistency and carrying the load and offer up Zeke.

Zeke is not that guy. Dallas just forces it on him but he can’t do it and remain elite. It’s just going through the motions at this point.

No back is going to be consistent behind our OL. At least Zeke is able to push the pile when there’s nothing there. Tony Pollard isn’t that type of back. He needs some space to maneuver.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@atlantacowboy

Do you get the signature stats from PFF? If so, do they still have the pass blocking efficiency stat and can you provide what the stats show for Zeke and Pollard for the past few years?
It's something you'd know if you watch the games. Fairly.

I'm pretty sure my eyes weren't lying when I saw Pollard get steamrolled.

Yes of course.....zeke misses on occasion....with 10 times more blocking load.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No back is going to be consistent behind our OL. At least Zeke is able to push the pile when there’s nothing there. Tony Pollard isn’t that type of back. He needs some space to maneuver.

What games are you watching? Our offense with Zeke stinks. He’s not doing this pile pushing. He’s terrible right now and everyone sees it. Even Aikman is calling it out on Tv.

You can keep pushing the pile for 1 or 2 yards or whatever you claim but we still suck on 3rd down.

Pollard isn’t one of the best yards after contact runners because he goes down easy either.

silvernblu

Reaction score
To earn more opportunities?

After scoring a 58 yard touchdown on a big run in the 3rd quarter one would think he would have more than 2 carries in the final 4 possessions.

Why so few touches after breaking off a long run? This isn't the 1st time Moore has gone away from him. In the KC game, Pollard's 1st touch broke off 31 yards. He then only got 6 other carries.

Outside of pollards big runs he and Zeke have nearly identical yards per carry averages so why not feed the 1 guy who has shown the ability to break off the bigger runs? I'm not saying he needs 20+ carries but 12-15 would seem to be earned.

Learn how to pass block.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
not sure what the problem was last night, but Zeke was clearly not well. he couldn't run and had a funny hopping running motion. now, pollard is capable of breaking in a big run. but in his other 6 carries he had 13 yards for a 2 yard average.....zeke had 45 with 13 carries about 3.5 yard average. neither is that good but NO has a tough defense....perhaps Zeke is a little more consistent in getting yards, but not a threat to break it big. pollard maybe less consistent and has ability to obviously break a big one. so they have to see game by game how they are panning out...but last night for sure, zeke should not have played.

It's the same every game though. he got 1 carry for 2 yards the next possession ten 2 pass plays then punt. then zero touches n the next possession, then 1 touch for 5 yards followed by straight incompletions and then zero touches on the drive before we kneeled it down to close out. Just weird that he doesn't get more carries when he has shown to break through. Again i'm not saying he needs 20+ just more than 6-7. Moore has a set plan and won't deviate from it regardless of the outcome seems silly.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You'll get your wish when the Boys take on the Skins. Zek's knee seems to be affecting his style of play and I wouldn't be surprised if they just sit him for a game or two to see if it will helps his game.

nah 10 days of rest and zeke will be good to roll. Dudes is as tough as they come. I'd like to have sat zeke yesterday to get him even more ready for the home stretch and into the playoffs as we will 1000% need his tough running.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dallas basically has a Christian McCaffrey type of players and you 1990s Garrett style fans think we gotta have our 1 and 2 yard runs.

Can McCaffrey carry the load? No.. He’ll get hurt..

Can Kamara carry the load? No.. He’ll get hurt..

Can Barkley carry the load? No.. he’ll get hurt..

I’ll tell you what all 3 can do though.. They can be explosive playmakers and change games when they are on the field. McCaffrey can be the best offensive in football.

Pollard is begging for this opportunity with his plays and some of you would just rather go with a 1 legged RB for most of the game.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It's the same every game though. he got 1 carry for 2 yards the next possession ten 2 pass plays then punt. then zero touches n the next possession, then 1 touch for 5 yards followed by straight incompletions and then zero touches on the drive before we kneeled it down to close out. Just weird that he doesn't get more carries when he has shown to break through. Again i'm not saying he needs 20+ just more than 6-7. Moore has a set plan and won't deviate from it regardless of the outcome seems silly.
I am sure he is frustrated too and wants more carries.

silvernblu

Reaction score
so you can't hand him the ball a few more times because you want him to block better?

You want the defense guessing if it is run or pass. You also want the option to change the play at the line.

Better to have a guy that can do both.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Who replaces Zeke? Don't say Pollard because that is the wrong answer.

We still need defense help and Oline help. Drafting a RB just takes away from that.

You can find RB talent all over the place.

I have no idea where the Patriots drafted Rhamondre Stevenson but if he was our guy we’d be more than fine with him and Zeke and we would have more money to improve the team somewhere else.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
I don’t know if they can cut Elliot but if they can I’d think he’s gone this year.

You can replace him for much cheaper. He isn’t providing anything special.
Gallup is more critical to the team winning football games than Elliott when you have Pollard in tow and you can draft 2 or 3 cheap backs in the mid and late rounds in the draft and historically mid and late round running backs in the NFL have a very high success rate compared to other positions.