What free agents did the 49ers and the Chiefs signed to help them get to the Super Bowl?

Gambit

Reaction score
I was curious because you guys complain so much about it and I wanted to see what these teams did. I figured a few people would know. Is there something wrong with that?
On this board? Yes, people take issue with everything and anything.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
not gonna troll...chiefs in the past few years have signed Joe thuney, Jawaan Taylor, Donovan Smith, Justin Reid, Frank Clark, Juju-smith schuster, Carlos Dunlap

49ers have signed Charvarious Ward (still hurts), Javon Hargrave, Tashaun Gipson, and traded for CMC, Chase Young, & Trent Williams.

Not each player is an All-pro but they definitely contributed.
Better question would have been, if we had acquired all those players that either team got, would it have put us over the top? Personally, I don't think so.

shabazz

Reaction score
Not sure if this is sarcasm. They traded for Hankins. And signed him to a 1 year deal. If that is a big time free agent aquisition for you I feel bad for you lol.

Ill answer though. Last time they spent in FA was Brandon Carr. In 2012.
Yup. They must be joking if they think that a dude on his 5th team and beyond his prime is a big time aquisition.

No wonder Jerry's BS still works with some of our fans.....willingly gullible.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
49ers

UFA - Javon Hargrave DT - Charvarius Ward CB - Kyle Juszczyk FB - Jake Brendel C - John Feliciano G - Sam Darnold QB - Isaiah Oliver CB - Clelin Ferrell DE - Chris Conley WR - Logan Ryan S - George Odum S - Oren Burks LB - Matt Pryor T
Trade - Christian McCafferey RB - Trent Williams T - Chase Young DE - Randy Gregory DE

Looks like John Lynch actually lives "player acquisition is a 365 day per year job" unlike Cap Boy and his annual yacht trip.

rambo2

Reaction score
And the year before that they traded for McCaffrey, arguably the best RB in the NFL......not a big a splash as acquiring the coveted TY Hilton, but they do what they can
We traded for Gilmore and Cooks. McCaffrey was a huge acquisition.

shabazz

Reaction score
The guy asks a simple question and some of you go nuts with all these strange inferecnes.
smh
Nobody is going nuts. The Niners have left no stone unturned when it comes to trading for and acquiring players, so it comical when someone suggests that the Cowboys way of acquiring players past their prime is a better way.

That IS the whole point of this thread.