What free agents did the 49ers and the Chiefs signed to help them get to the Super Bowl?

DFWJC

Reaction score
49ers
Hargrave was the big one for the 49ers...4 years for 84 mil
they signed several others but they were more like the rest of the league.

Chiefs
Drue Tranquil was a nice addition...one year deal
they also signed some of their own

phildadon86

Reaction score
I think if he is seriously and genuinely asking this question and not trolling then anything and everything he says about football or how the game should be played deserves to be ignored and deleted.

Because asking a Cowboys message board this question instead of Google says you’re either trolling or clueless.
Imagine asking this question? LOL. My Lord.

shabazz

Reaction score
What he leaves out (not surprised) is the reason they traded for Cooks is because they traded Amari with no backup option and expecting Gallup to come back 100 percent. Again overrating their own talent, and not thinking ahead.
These FO apologists couch their "questions" very carefully. They seem to try to parse the words "trade for" and "sign as a FA" as if the final result isn't the same.

Gambit

Reaction score
Not sure if this is sarcasm. They traded for Hankins. And signed him to a 1 year deal. If that is a big time free agent aquisition for you I feel bad for you lol.

Ill answer though. Last time they spent in FA was Brandon Carr. In 2012.
Eh I actually forgot they traded for Hankins, thought he was late season fa pick up.

The question wasn't big time, it was of note.

To that point.
Malik Hooker
Jayron Kearse
Dorrence Armstrong
Dante Fowler

All have provided solid play during most of their time here Have all contributed to 3 12-5 seasons. I would say they qualify as players of note.

Not sure why OP was attacked. He asked a question, one that btw can be answered by going to

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

It's an interesting thing to go thru other teams FA signing to see just how they work out for all teams.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
What Jerry has managed to do is build a team that has a bit of flash but no real substance.

CWR

Reaction score
Some teams have gaping holes that need correction and some don't. I'm not saying we could've realistically gotten anyone of value, but Henry and some LB help may have gone a long ways. That said we didn't lose because we lack talent. We got smoked by a better prepared, more focused team.

Unfortunately the FO response to that will likely be to continue business as usual. We kept MM and I highly doubt we are "all in" with FA.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Chiefs have a transcendent qb so don't know why they are brought up. Niners have been heavy free agent and trade partners for years. Ok?

Gambit

Reaction score
big time aquisition
I've already answered tis to person who replied.

The question I responded to was fa of note. You're the 2nd guy to change that to big time.

Reading comprehension goes a very long way when you actually want discussion and not just sling barbs at people.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Eh I actually forgot they traded for Hankins, thought he was late season fa pick up.

The question wasn't big time, it was of note.

To that point.
Malik Hooker-See below point.
Jayron Kearse-Was decent until he got paid.
Dorrence Armstrong-Again. Drafted.
Dante Fowler-Barely sees the field.

All have provided solid play during most of their time here Have all contributed to 3 12-5 seasons. I would say they qualify as players of note.

Not sure why OP was attacked. He asked a question, one that btw can be answered by going to

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

It's an interesting thing to go thru other teams FA signing to see just how they work out for all teams.
Those are not the same as Hargrave, or trading for CMC, Trent, Williams etc.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I've already answered tis to person who replied.

The question I responded to was fa of note. You're the 2nd guy to change that to big time.

Reading comprehension goes a very long way when you actually want discussion and not just sling barbs at people.
Thats because the OP brought up the Niners. Who actually made BIG TIME FA aquisitions. Hence the reference.

Gambit

Reaction score
Imagine how delusional you must be. As a fan of the Cowboys. To use the Chiefs (2 SB wins and 4 appearances in the last 6 years) and the Niners (2 SB appearances in recent memory) to try and prop up what the Dallas FO has done in the player aquisition department.

Lets compare Trent Williams, and CMC to Gilmore, Cooks and Hankins.

LOL. LOL. LOL.
Imagine making assumptions on intent of another person's question.

Most of this board doesn't want actual conversation you want a platform to sling your negative attacks at coaches players gms owners and other Cowboys fans.

It's quite sophomoric most days.

My ignore list grows by the day.

Gambit

Reaction score
Those are not the same as Hargrave, or trading for CMC, Trent, Williams etc.
Again of note is vastly different than top players.

You know this. It's okay to say yanno, you're right, my bad. I did it with Hankins.

But again when don't want actual conversation then it's hard to be adult about things.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Imagine making assumptions on intent of another person's question.

Most of this board doesn't want actual conversation you want a platform to sling your negative attacks at coaches players gms owners and other Cowboys fans.

It's quite sophomoric most days.

My ignore list grows by the day.
Nice...because someone does not think like you want them to, you put them on ignore. Pretty soon you will log in and only see yourself posting. lol

mardwin

Reaction score
They traded a bunch of premium picks for elite players like CMC and Trent Wiliams.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Better question would have been, if we had acquired all those players that either team got, would it have put us over the top? Personally, I don't think so.
You don't think having javon hargrave , cmc, and trent williams wouldn't have made this team better?