What grade would you give defensive drafting under Garrett (2011-16)?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Lol so he replaced it with younger crap. Id take that 2010 defense over the current trash we have now.

when wade was fired they put pasqualoni in charge of the defense. He played a ton of zone and all of a sudden the defense played really well. Wade was in constant man defense and that is where we were giving up all the points, simple big plays by a guy getting beat in man to man.

I would have kept pasqualoni over what they have hired at defense. The rob ryan thing to this day makes zero sense. None.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I will second the "D" rating for defensive drafting - Garrett, F.O. Marinelli, it makes no difference.
Saw today that Timmy Jernigan is flourishing in Baltimore - remember that whole debacle ? It seems more and more to be the whole defensive philosophy.
The Sheriff Floyd, Fletcher Cox, Timmy Jernigan - not quick twitch theory. All are contributors for their respective teams, with Cox being a stud and Jernigan becoming one. Floyd is a solid contributor in Minny. And ALL would be welcome here on our Dline. Our DT's are undersized, our DE's are undersized, our LBs are undersized. Is it any wonder we are being gashed in the run.
Sure they try hard, but the philosophy just seems floored... So, for me, a solid D.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The backup quarterbacks were an embarrassment (as most are), and the defense couldn't hold up. But the story is MUCH bigger than just 1-12.

Lost to Drew Brees in overtime.
Lost to Russell Wilson by one point.
Lost to Philly in overtime.
Lost at New York by 7.
Lost at Tampa by 4.
Then it just became pointless.

Oh, and Dak Prescott just lost by one point to a two-time world champion.

Wrong..............it should have told you that Romo is the key and Garrett cant coach his way out of a paper bag.

Cmac

Reaction score
As for star free agents......it will get worse, once JJ post game conference gets out there.

waving monkey

Reaction score
6 drafts
27 players
16 career ints (14 w/ Boys)
29.5 career sacks (27.5 w/ Boys)
0 Pro Bowls
18 games - suspension

2011- 6 ints, 5 sacks (career #'s)
  • Bruce Carter (2)
  • Josh Thomas (5)

2012- 3 ints, 11.5 sacks
  • Morris Claiborne (1)
  • Tyrone Crawford (3)
  • Kyle Wilber (4)
  • Matt Johnson (4)
  • Caleb McSurdy (7)

2013- 5 ints, 2 sacks
  • JJ Wilcox (3)
  • BW Webb (4)
  • Devonte Holloman (6)

2014- 2 ints, 11 sacks
  • Demarcus Lawrence (2)
  • Anthony Hitchens (4)
  • Ben Gardner (7)
  • Will Smith (7)
  • Ahmad Dixon (7)
  • Ken Bishop (7)
  • Terrance Mitchell (7)

2015- 0 ints, 0 sacks
  • Byron Jones (1)
  • Randy Gregory (2)
  • Damien Wilson (4)
  • Ryan Russell (5)
  • Mark Nzeocha (7)

2016- 0 ints, 0 sacks
  • Jaylon Smith (2)
  • Maliek Collins (3)
  • Charles Tapper (4)
  • Anthony Brown (6)
  • Kavon Frazier (6)
better then it used to be.

haleyrules

Reaction score
I didn't like the Tyrone Crawford extension and I'm not in favor of doing the same with Lawrence. These guys aren't stars. They're just not as bad as some of our other guys.
Yep, the Crawford signing was mind numbing. I have always been very leery of any player that only really performs well in his contract year. Hopefully the FO has learned their lessons.

mardwin

Reaction score
I blame the same people that drafted Felix Jones in the first round