What happend to Dez?

iamliko22

Reaction score
Big dez fan... Romo.. Him getting paid. Injuries..all happened at the same time almost... Maybe one of those.. maybe all..

HungryLion

Reaction score
On his back shoulder or right above him where he can jump over the CB. I believe he still has that ability.

Dez was getting open deep the second half of last year. That hasn’t been happening this season.

I understand that Dak isn’t putting the ball in the best place and that’s part of it. But Dez is getting no seperation right now.

The only time I see Dez get seperation is on slants and crossing routes.

Dez has been useless outside the hashes this season. No seperation at all.

kumizi

Reaction score
This is what falling off a cliff looks like.

He never was a good route runner and with the injuries, his fall is happening a couple years earlier than we thought.

Blackspider214

Reaction score

So basically Dez is Laurent Robinson huh? Just a flashier version. It's funny how in Dez's time here, he usually is not the most reliable WR on the team at any given year. L Robinson, Beasley, Miles Austin and Witten were more reliable in certain years. Dez makes the flashy plays that stick in your head but he's never been reliable. He's way too hit and miss. And injury prone. He has not been the same since his injury in 2015. Then he got another one last year.

I never saw the hype in Dez. All he's good for is the jump ball but he can't even catch those any longer. And teams don't even worry about him any longer. He's a shell of what he used to be.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I think it's a combo of a few things.

One, Dak struggles to get him the ball at times and other times doesn't deliver a catchable ball.

Two, I don't think Dez has been the same since the leg injuries.

Three, the coaching staff does him no favors.

Four, I think Romo covered up for a lot of the coaching staff shortcomings.

Five, I do think Bryant has been lazy at times. That alligator arm tonight on that one throw was unacceptable.
Actually agree with a lot of this.

DuceizBak

Reaction score
Dez was getting open deep the second half of last year. That hasn’t been happening this season.

I understand that Dak isn’t putting the ball in the best place and that’s part of it. But Dez is getting no seperation right now.

The only time I see Dez get seperation is on slants and crossing routes.

Dez has been useless outside the hashes this season. No seperation at all.
Yet our coaching staff can't see this?
Dez going on Go routes , he isn't even meant to get the ball! So I don't know what Dak sees.
Dez going on a go route is suppose to take the safety with him and open up the middle for the other receivers.

Cmac

Reaction score
After last night....I'd say he is expected to make catches that will lay him out. Dak is not clicking. We saw the difference in how Wentz is able to place the ball in small pockets. Dez and Dak aren't clicking, but believe it or not......Dez is our best playmaker in the receiving corp with the coaching scheme presented.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
After last night....I'd say he is expected to make catches that will lay him out. Dak is not clicking. We saw the difference in how Wentz is able to place the ball in small pockets. Dez and Dak aren't clicking, but believe it or not......Dez is our best playmaker in the receiving corp with the coaching scheme presented.

Dez dropping another 3rd down pass because he was about to be hit was unacceptable.

Jeffrey scored on a slant where he had to reach his hands out between three defenders, does anyone honestly think Dez Bryant would have made that catch???