What happend to Dez?

vaturkey

Reaction score
Couple things that I see is consistently forcing the ball to Dez and not being able to throw him open. Dak is young and this year he is taking a pounding that he never took last year. Doesn't matter how big or tough you are, at some point the beat downs affect your ability to play effectively. Blame the line a lot. I think what happened last week left some mental scars. Dak got hammered more in that one game then he did the entire season last year. The coaching staff didn't have his back, or they would have changed protection and play calls to mitigate what was going on. Regarding Dez, father time is robbing him of his elite physical skills. He's not a strong or as quick as he was and he will often not make the contested catch. Folks talk about 50 50 balls. Well, at this point in time its like Dez will get 25 percent of those type throws at best. I feel like Dak is mentally pressing and that is causing his mechanics to turn to trash. Bottom line is we are in the middle of a trainwreck and we aren't far off from ending up at 6 wins 10 losses.

Cmac

Reaction score
Dez dropping another 3rd down pass because he was about to be hit was unacceptable.

Jeffrey scored on a slant where he had to reach his hands out between three defenders, does anyone honestly think Dez Bryant would have made that catch???
That throw ain't coming to Dez in that situation.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
That throw ain't coming to Dez in that situation.

I would say it shouldn’t because he won’t catch it.

Dez used to make these ridiculous contested catches. Seems like he has made one of those in three years.

Cmac

Reaction score
I would say it shouldn’t because he won’t catch it.

Dez used to make these ridiculous contested catches. Seems like he has made one of those in three years.
It was Dez fault that they showed up to fool us all....ok.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dez is on the downside I do believe. I know this, he's getting paid too much money to be dropping some of those passes.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak can’t place the ball where he likes it. He also doesn’t take chances that allow Dez to improvise like Romo did and those big plays that came off scramble drills.

With Rodgers Dez would like 100% better
Wouldn't any WR be better with Rodgers? Anyone seen Jordy Nelson lately? Me neither.

rkell87

Reaction score
In our offense, dez would be better suited in Williams role. It's time to get another playmaker WR and have dez be 1b. We always force square pegs in round holes. We have the perfect number 2 as our number 1.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I like Dez. Always have liked him.

And Dak isn’t throwing the 50/50 balls well right now. (Although he did last year).

That being said.

A 15 million WR shouldn’t be reliant solely on winning 50/50 balls.

A 15 million WR needs to make the corners look silly from time to time and give the QB some easy throws.

That’s the thing.

The blame goes on both Dez and Dak.

Dak for not making some of the tougher throws.

Dez for being a highly paid WR who isn’t giving the QB easier throws.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
All I know is that Patrick Robinson looked like Patrick Peterson last night.

Sydla

Reaction score
All I know is that Patrick Robinson looked like Patrick Peterson last night.

He's been great all year for Philly.

And think, we signed Nolan Carroll and could have had Robinson for much cheaper.

Jenky

Reaction score
Nothing is wrong with Dez. He doesn't have the precision passing of a franchise QB.

All of our wideouts are suffering. Watching a ball thrown 10 feet above Beasley's head out of bounds should tell you that much.

Dak has better numbers rolling outside and throwing on the run due to busted coverage where the receiver is able to make more separation for him.

Franchise QB's throw in the tightest windows.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look guys, go back to the int. Dak threw deep middle to Dez. That was all on Dak, no excuse for that throw here. But if you taped the game, go back to that play they showed a replay from the end zone, watch Dez running down the field, if you're honest, you'll see a guy as slow as some TE's out there. He is NO LONGER EFFECTIVE AS A WR. Time to use our high first round pick for a legit speed guy (who can catch). This is not about the QB, Dez does not attack the ball like he did when Romo was here, I said then as Dez ages he will no longer go after the ball with reckless abandon, he can't he body will breakdown, and it did.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I hate the lateral passes where he's supposed to get RAC. They didn't work that well when Dez was younger. What makes them think they will work now?

the same as that lateral pass Garrett keeps using but never manifests for us. its the same mentality if it works, get away from it and if it doesnt work keep using it.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Nothing is wrong with Dez. He doesn't have the precision passing of a franchise QB.

All of our wideouts are suffering. Watching a ball thrown 10 feet above Beasley's head out of bounds should tell you that much.

Dak has better numbers rolling outside and throwing on the run due to busted coverage where the receiver is able to make more separation for him.

Franchise QB's throw in the tightest windows.

If Dez needs precision passing all the time to make catches, then he is overpaid.

15 million WR’s shouldn’t need an elite QB to put up even decent numbers.

Dez isn’t making any of the tough catches this year.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
he is way over paid and way over rated here in dallas needs tobe gone in the offseason