Video: What Happened to Ezekiel Elliott? Baldy Breakdowns

quickccc

Reaction score
Of course. However, they were still bad signings.

.. which ever NFL team will experience. Does half or majority of our team consist of vast overpaid bad free agent signings now ..or is it the core built off the draft (dak, zeke, gallup, Dlaw,martn, fred, lVE, Jaylon, etc) ..along with one or two key trades (Cooper, Quinn, Bennett) ...or FA signing now (ala L.Collins- FA) .. now with the Cowboys ?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Its not all on Zeke and its not all on the oline either, as with every thing, the truth lies in the middle.

Is the oline blocking as well as they have in the past? No, they are not. Considering we have 32% of our cap tied up in the oline this is a problem.

Is Zeke making the same plays he used, is he as fast and as quick as he used to be? No, he is not. Considering he got #1 money, its a problem.

The offensive line is the number 1 run blocking unit in the NFL.

If they aren't blocking like they used to they are at least blocking better than every other team in the NFL. So every other RB who is performing up to standards is doing so while receiving less opportunities than Zeke. Also did you watch the OP? Tons of opportunities that Zeke is not or cannot deliver on.

irving

Reaction score
The funny part about baldy's video is that as he was proclaiming Zeke's demise I still didn't see anywhere for him to run. He could've made that same video with a brick wall in front of Zeke and it would've been the same to me. Lol.
The point of the video was that elite backs can make the quickest cuts and plant their feet and get through holes that average backs cannot. Baldy was illustrating that if Zeke is still considered an elite back then he should be able beat defensive players to the edge or plant his foot and get through crease's where average players cannot. NFL Offensive Lines don't always open up gaping holes for backs to run through.

birdwells1

Reaction score
The point of the video was that elite backs can make the quickest cuts and plant their feet and get through holes that average backs cannot. Baldy was illustrating that if Zeke is still considered an elite back then he should be able beat defensive players to the edge or plant his foot and get through crease's where average players cannot. NFL Offensive Lines don't always open up gaping holes for backs to run through.
They didnt open 1 hole against the Vikings, hopefully the run game takes off like last year when Sua was in for Conner.

kskboys

Reaction score
.. which ever NFL team will experience. Does half or majority of our team consist of vast overpaid bad free agent signings now ..or is it the core built off the draft (dak, zeke, gallup, Dlaw,martn, fred, lVE, Jaylon, etc) ..along with one or two key trades (Cooper, Quinn, Bennett) ...or FA signing now (ala L.Collins- FA) .. now with the Cowboys ?
Absolutely.

I'm not arguing any of this. Not sure what this has to do w/ the argument. It was stated the Zeke was our worst signing of all time. I was simply disputing that.

kumizi

Reaction score
Now that there's a video explanation maybe some of the simpletons will come to terms with his decline.

kumizi

Reaction score
The team came into the vikings games ranked as the best run blocking unit in football and the 4th best pass blocking unit.

After the game they are 3rd and 2nd respectively.

If your argument is the line has been bad this year... You're... Not being smart.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol/2019
They dont want to admit their favorite player is in a steep decline.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I have to wonder if Zeke held out with 2 years left because he knew he was losing it, and didn't want the FO to see that before he got his contract.
I thought the same thing, and if he did , I give him credit for fleecing the 2 jones boys big time!
It is sort of like dez too, in that after he is signed to big contract, he does not deliver, and never looks as good as he did
before contract.
Some guys, once they get paid, that is it, they will never play hard again, they just show up and play, nothing special no intensity.
Some guys feel obligated to deliver once paid and they show up and play hard.
I think ewok is in the 1st category.

also he is a party boy, and he has fun all offseason, he isnt working to be the best he can be the next season, it is party time! lol
He goes downhill and gets out of shape and overweight. He has been doing this since 2016 , where he was good coming out of college, no denying that, but he has not even tried to maintain what he was that first season.

some of us saw this so decline on the field is only natural, but many were and still are in denial, and they still think
he is 2016 elliot.
And I have to say those nose rings make him hard to look at.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
The team came into the vikings games ranked as the best run blocking unit in football and the 4th best pass blocking unit.

After the game they are 3rd and 2nd respectively.

That line you speak of looks nothing like this one.

Maybe some more power and strength will help out.

Cmac

Reaction score
You have got to be kidding w/ your first sentence, right? I know you know that a HC absolutely cannot act this way, as he's responsible for the entire team and what happens is his, no matter what. Throwing around the blame game shows weak character and a complete non-understanding of what his job is.
My point....Zeke is 2019 Fall Guy on this board.

Cmac

Reaction score
The head coach is in charge. That’s the way it works. He’s in charge of getting right all of what you listed. Plus we’ve seen this with several different rosters.

Hard to forget the clock stuff(repeated several times), icing kicker, letting a no namer almost break Derrick Thomas’s record, this latest no punt return, and questionable run calls and not have those be a factor in how Garrett is evaluated.
On this board....Dak and Kellen….. 8 and 1...everybody else 5 and 4.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I thought the same thing, and if he did , I give him credit for fleecing the 2 jones boys big time!
It is sort of like dez too, in that after he is signed to big contract, he does not deliver, and never looks as good as he did
before contract.
Some guys, once they get paid, that is it, they will never play hard again, they just show up and play, nothing special no intensity.
Some guys feel obligated to deliver once paid and they show up and play hard.
I think ewok is in the 1st category.

also he is a party boy, and he has fun all offseason, he isnt working to be the best he can be the next season, it is party time! lol
He goes downhill and gets out of shape and overweight. He has been doing this since 2016 , where he was good coming out of college, no denying that, but he has not even tried to maintain what he was that first season.

some of us saw this so decline on the field is only natural, but many were and still are in denial, and they still think
he is 2016 elliot.
And I have to say those nose rings make him hard to look at.
Nothing like Dez. Was injured shortly after signing his contract.

Zeke just has been mediocre every year but his rookie year and has been propped up by volume.

I laid this all out before the season.