Video: What Happened to Ezekiel Elliott? Baldy Breakdowns

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
I hope Jerry put a wrinkle or two in his contract.

If I were Jerry, I'd trade him the first time he flashes his early performances and his stick goes up

Shouldn't have given him the money, but it is, hopefully, salvageable.

:cool:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Barber
Carr
Brad Johnson
Roy Williams(Much worse!!!)
Roy Williams
Vinnie Interceptaverde
Pacman Jones
Cedric Thornton
Nolan Carroll
Byron Bell

Man, I'm gettin' depressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yes those and more but none were paid as the best , and highest
paid at their position.
I barely watched this video.

Wow, talk about exposing today's lame Zeke!?!? Zeke needs to be benched! He's not the same as he was before. He is slower, runner down, no more burst, finished speed, lack of aggression, etc. The Cowboys could get all of that by playing Tony Pollard. It's time to bench Zeke, or limit his plays, and give the majority of carries to the younger, fresher, faster, more explosive and hungrier Pollard. Forget Zeke's new waaaaay overpaid contract. That's on Jerry. Do you want to help this Offense perform better or not?
JG or Kellen cant play pollard over elliot, the jones boys would not let them.
They paid elliot, so now they want him getting 95% of snaps.
That is why I said when elliot got his payday, all the plans for using pollard went out the window.
Pollard is sort of a wasted pick now since they cant really use him.
Connor williams should not be starting but he was a high draft pick so Jones boys want him on the field.
Jarwin should be starting over witten, but same deal witten is big star sells jerseys, jones wants him out there.
Then there is lewis the DB who many think should be starting over brown, and I think that is either marinelli or JG
dont like him personally so he hardly plays.
That is a lot of guys who should be on the field more but are not.
Add devin smith to that too.

Bottom line is we are stuck with zeke, no matter how bad he plays.

Creeper

Reaction score
Stop with the offensive line excuses. The plays Baldy selected, and I admit he picks plays to demonstrate his point so don't take too much from it, show there were holes for the running game. The fact is, on several of those plays the outside was there if Zeke had the speed to getthere but he doesn't this year. He doesn't even try anymore. Its like he knows he doesn't have the speed to get out there. The other point in this video is his lack of quick cuts at the second level. Zeke used to get through the line then make those cuts to holes at the second level to break a bigger run. That's gone too. Against the Giants, he had huge holes to run through and a few times he got to the 3rd level with just a safety to beat. In the past he would have cut to the opening outside and broken off a huge run. But this year he cuts back into the safety. Again, its as if he doesn't trust he can outrun anybody anymore.

The offensive line had some bad games, like against the Jets. And btw, if you watched this video and paid attention to Zack Martin you have to be wondering what's up with him too. There has been room to run outside if you have the speed to get out there and exploit it. Zeke doesn't. Jerry just paid Zeke $90 million with $50 million guaranteed. We better hope whatever is up with Zeke is temporary.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Typical CZ

Team under-performing so they are looking for a scapegoat :laugh:

Same thing yall did with Dez :facepalm:

Zeke is way too bulky and doesn't run to space too though. That is true.

Oline is having issues as well.

The whole thing is crap and Zeke just looks too freaking big on the field.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What are you 7? Educate? Lmao.
By the way, it wasn't just the Vikings game in the video tough guy, what were you watching? I saw play designs primarily stuffed, so your gaping hole theory is flimsy. Elliott could do better, but he's met with defenders more than not against the better D lines. Hope your feelings rebound.

We are all talking about the Vikings game genius. THAT is the game we are talking about where there was holes or no holes.

And when have you EVER heard a 7 year old ask you to educate yourself? LOL

The nonsense you are saying doesn't even make sense.

Now the whole premise of THAT video was to show that there were holes or "soft spots" and that plays have been blocked well enough, but Zeke simply isn't getting the job done like he used to.

Obviously fans like you don't like to hear the truth. Or probably more often then not, they don't like to admit that some of us are just correct in our criticism of Zeke.

At some point, they are going to start giving the ball to Pollard more. I have no confidence in Garrett to do that, even though he talks about it. But whether that is THIS year or NEXT year, because of injury, or just by chance. The speed, quickness, and vision of a guy like Pollard and big play making ability is going to show up. We can only hope that Zeke improves. Because if he keeps throwing up dud performances like this, when that time does come with Pollard, it will be hard to keep him off the field.

Sydla

Reaction score
I am beating the dead horse to a pulp now, but this is precisely why people said it wasn't smart to give him all that money. He's showing signs of regression now. No, he doesn't suck. He's still a good TB but he's clearly not the same guy he was 3 years ago.

People have mentioned Dez, and unfortunately, this is trending that direction. Now in fairness, the front office scapegoated Dez as the source of their offensive woes when it was mostly Linehan. But the reality is Dez had seen diminishing skills as well due to wear and tear and after he got cut, people swore he would get another job immediately and yet, he did not. Because the reality was most people also saw a declining skill set in Dez.

When the debates over Elliott were happening last year, one of the reasons people cited that he needed to get paid was that he was such an elite back, he could overcome some potential OL issues we might have. But now, some of the same people are literally making the exact opposite argument saying how can you expect Elliott to be productive when the OL isn't playing well? You can't have it both ways.

Elliott is far from the biggest problem with this team. That list starts with the guy wearing the head set. He's problem #1. And the defense and their coaches and their regressing players are another bigger issue. The OL has their issues with the inconsistency from Williams and Frederick and Martin seemingly struggling with their own injury issues.

But it is alarming that we just paid this guy the biggest contract in NFL history and he's already showing signs of regression only 4 years into his career. This is exactly what people feared when putting way too much value on a TB in today's NFL.

Some have literally gone from arguing he's the best TB in the league, a guy who is the most important player on offense, a guy who can singlehandedly take over a game to now how can you expect him to play well if the OL isn't playing well themselves? It's bizarre.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke is way too bulky and doesn't run to space too though. That is true.

Oline is having issues as well.

The whole thing is crap and Zeke just looks too freaking big on the field.

Oline seemed to pass block well enough. And the video showed several examples of the line blocking well or good enough. Zeke simply wasn't doing anything with it.

For some of you, the assumption is that the line isn't blocking well. That is incorrect. The problem more than anything is that Zeke is running poorly.

Last game the line was opening up monster holes. Zeke would run through them and then get tackled. Problem is not the Oline. Problem is Zeke.

birdwells1

Reaction score
He's being paid like the best TB in football. He's not playing nearly like even a Top 5 TB. He lacks explosiveness and speed, he can't get outside anymore and beat someone to the corner like he could 3 years ago.

Blame the OL all you want, they have not been good, but the skill set Elliott is showing right is eye opening given we are months from handing him a massive contract. Especially when people warned that this is the exact reason why shouldn't give a huge contract.................

What was his last four game rushing totals? This oline is being paid like the best oline in football, if you put Emmitt on the field in his prime he would've gotten a few more yards than Zeke but not much. In other words, there was no meat left on the bone.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Take a look at the a good sampling of Cook's runs. He was hitting the LOS with terrific force and breaking tackles. He makes guys miss when he shoots outside. Zeke used to be that player. Elite backs have to be able to make their own yardage. Zeke is not doing that this year.

The Cowboys OL managed to keep Dak fairly clean all game.

He was playing against our "play the run on the way to the qb" defense, if you look at Akoye video you'll see the difference.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
What was his last four game rushing totals? This oline is being paid like the best oline in football, if you put Emmitt on the field in his prime he would've gotten a few more yards than Zeke but not much. In other words, there was no meat left on the bone.

The problem is he is being paid to be a guy that could overcome some OL issues.

That is what people said when the arguments over giving him an extension happened here. That Elliott was the best TB in football, an elite back, maybe a generational talent that could carry this offense when things weren't perfect.

Last year, he'll put this team on his back he's that good. This year? Man, how can you expect him to perform when the OL isn't playing great themselves?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
yes those and more but none were paid as the best , and highest
paid at their position.
JG or Kellen cant play pollard over elliot, the jones boys would not let them.
They paid elliot, so now they want him getting 95% of snaps.
That is why I said when elliot got his payday, all the plans for using pollard went out the window.
Pollard is sort of a wasted pick now since they cant really use him.
Connor williams should not be starting but he was a high draft pick so Jones boys want him on the field.
Jarwin should be starting over witten, but same deal witten is big star sells jerseys, jones wants him out there.
Then there is lewis the DB who many think should be starting over brown, and I think that is either marinelli or JG
dont like him personally so he hardly plays.
That is a lot of guys who should be on the field more but are not.
Add devin smith to that too.

Bottom line is we are stuck with zeke, no matter how bad he plays.
This season will be lost due to the incompetence of Jerry and Sons.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I am beating the dead horse to a pulp now, but this is precisely why people said it wasn't smart to give him all that money. He's showing signs of regression now. No, he doesn't suck. He's still a good TB but he's clearly not the same guy he was 3 years ago.

People have mentioned Dez, and unfortunately, this is trending that direction. Now in fairness, the front office scapegoated Dez as the source of their offensive woes when it was mostly Linehan. But the reality is Dez had seen diminishing skills as well due to wear and tear and after he got cut, people swore he would get another job immediately and yet, he did not. Because the reality was most people also saw a declining skill set in Dez.

When the debates over Elliott were happening last year, one of the reasons people cited that he needed to get paid was that he was such an elite back, he could overcome some potential OL issues we might have. But now, some of the same people are literally making the exact opposite argument saying how can you expect Elliott to be productive when the OL isn't playing well? You can't have it both ways.

Elliott is far from the biggest problem with this team. That list starts with the guy wearing the head set. He's problem #1. And the defense and their coaches and their regressing players are another bigger issue. The OL has their issues with the inconsistency from Williams and Frederick and Martin seemingly struggling with their own injury issues.

But it is alarming that we just paid this guy the biggest contract in NFL history and he's already showing signs of regression only 4 years into his career. This is exactly what people feared when putting way too much value on a TB in today's NFL.

Some have literally gone from arguing he's the best TB in the league, a guy who is the most important player on offense, a guy who can singlehandedly take over a game to now how can you expect him to play well if the OL isn't playing well themselves? It's bizarre.
Where was this whining after the Eagles game?

Best run defense in the league and Zeke went off...

He had a bad game. It happens. I wonder what this site wouldve looked like when Emmitt held out in 93..

Btw, Emmitt in his first 9 games of 93:
168 att
768 yds
4.75 ypc
7 TDs

This was with the GOAT offensive line too

Sydla

Reaction score

He had a bad game. It happens. I wonder what this site wouldve looked like when Emmitt held out in 93..

168 att
768 yds
4.75 ypc
7 TDs

Where was the whining? Everywhere, at least from me.

I have been saying this since well before we even signed him to an extension. That we overpaid for a TB. This isn't something I just cooked up because he looked bad against the Vikes.

He showed a lack of burst and explosion, relative to his rookie year, even last year and I argued paying the largest TB contract was going to be a mistake.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Where was the whining? Everywhere, at least from me.

I have been saying this since well before we even signed him to an extension. That we overpaid for a TB. This isn't something I just cooked up because he looked bad against the Vikes.

He showed a lack of burst and explosion, relative to his rookie year, even last year and I argued paying the largest TB contract was going to be a mistake.
Im talking about after the Eagles game. Where is the post of you saying it was a mistake to pay him?

I seem to be having a hard time finding it...

Sydla

Reaction score
Im talking about after the Eagles game. Where is the post of you saying it was a mistake to pay him?

I seem to be having a hard time finding it...

LOL.

So I have to say it every day for it to matter? Because I didn't say after this game or that game, it doesn't count? I have been entirely consistent on my stance on paying TBs big money.

Note, I am in no way suggesting Elliott stinks or isn't that good. He's still a good TB who can have really good games. But in the end, the TB position is too reliant on the OL to be effective. Therefore, I think it was unwise to sink that much money into that position. The Vikes game showed that. The OL didn't play nearly as well as they did in other games this year and Elliott suffered.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
LOL.

So I have to say it every day for it to matter? Because I didn't say after this game or that game, it doesn't count? I have been entirely consistent on my stance on paying TBs big money.
Its a front-running mentality..

You were quiet when he balled, but now since he had a bad game, you were right all along? Typical.

Its easy to say, “See, I told you so!!”, after a poor game. I wonder what you had to say about Zeke after the Giants game as well...

JeffInDC

Reaction score

168 att
768 yds
4.75 ypc
7 TDs

My ONLY issue with Zeke is that his vision seems to be a little "off"...……there seems to have been a few examples from this year where, with his normal patience and vision, he could've ripped off a few big ones. The Jets game was a great example - he had a good run (like 10+), but it looked like had he gone OUTSIDE the lead blocker, it would've been a HUGE run. Almost looks like he's thinking too much.

Sydla

Reaction score
Its a front-running mentality..

You were quiet when he balled, but now since he had a bad game, you were right all along? Typical.

Its easy to say, “See, I told you so!!”, after a poor game. I wonder what you had to say about Zeke after the Giants game as well...

No offense, but this is BS.

I have been saying this for over a year, that paying Elliott (I actually said any TB) elite money is a mistake given the nature of the position, the wear and tear they take and how they are reliant on the OL to perform for them to also perform.

He's still having a good year overall and I still stand by what I have said probably a hundred times on this board - paying a TB (any TB, not just Elliott) elite money is a mistake.

Are you going to deny that this hasn't been my stance for a long time? Are you really arguing that I only now am saying this because he had a few bad games this season?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
No offense, but this is BS.

I have been saying this for over a year, that paying Elliott (I actually said any TB) elite money is a mistake given the nature of the position, the wear and tear they take and how they are reliant on the OL to perform for them to also perform.

He's still having a good year overall and I still stand by what I have said probably a hundred times on this board - paying a TB (any TB, not just Elliott) elite money is a mistake.
It may be “BS” to you, but its true...

You come out and poke your chest out when things support your stance, but when things were going well, you said nothing...

I guarantee if Zeke goes out there and runs for 150 against the Lions, you will be quiet once again...