Video: What Happened to Ezekiel Elliott? Baldy Breakdowns

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Is it possible that Zeke KNEW that he was on the decline and that's why he held out?

Kind of like trading in a car that you know has some mechanical issue that is going to break...

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Guy is accomplishing feats on par with Dickerson and Brown and we got people saying we should play Pollard over him :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Is it possible that Zeke KNEW that he was on the decline and that's why he held out?

Kind of like trading in a car that you know has some mechanical issue that is going to break...
On pace for 1400 yards and 12 TDs LOL

Thats BETTER than what he did last year...

Last edited:

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
On pace for 14 yards and 12 TDs LOL

Thats BETTER than what he did last year...

But WHEN is he getting them, man? I'd rather him get 1000 meaningful yards and score 8 touchdowns if they came in crunch time.

Quoting numbers is fine but use your eyes. Ol' boy just isn't playing the game as well as he used to, plain and simple.

His pass protection is still on point, though. Gotta give him that.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
But WHEN is he getting them, man? I'd rather him get 1000 meaningful yards and score 8 touchdowns if they came in crunch time.

Quoting numbers is fine but use your eyes. Ol' boy just isn't playing the game as well as he used to, plain and simple.

His pass protection is still on point, though. Gotta give him that.
:facepalm:

Just say you are mad he didnt convert that 3rd and 2 vs Vikes bro

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
:facepalm:

Just say you are mad he didnt convert that 3rd and 2 vs Vikes bro

Of course I am. I'm also mad that he stops moving his feet on contact, he isn't making people miss, and he isn't bouncing anything outside anymore.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know it's another Zeke thread but this confirms what I posted about how Zeke doesn't attack the edges anymore.
I haven't seen him try to out run the LB/Safeties to the sidelines and turn the corner for a big gain like he used to.

Hey, dude is being boxed like crazy and he just might be tired of carrying the offense on his back game in game out.
That's the QB job as its the reason why QB get the BIG BUCKS.
Now have Dak take 15 million a year so we can get ourselves another star HB or more offline man and star WR....
Wake up folks it's a CAP league you can't have your ice cream and cake.....

Sydla

Reaction score
It may be “BS” to you, but its true...

You come out and poke your chest out when things support your stance, but when things were going well, you said nothing...

I guarantee if Zeke goes out there and runs for 150 against the Lions, you will be quiet once again...

I've been saying this FOR OVER A YEAR. I didn't just come up with this because he had some bad games this year. He could come out against the Lions and run for 250 yards and I'd still say the exact same thing. That locking up a TB to a big contract long term is a bad move. I said this before he even got the contract............. that paying a TB, any TB, is a bad financial move. Because in short time, you are likely going to see a regression in a TB's play because of the nature of the position.

You and I normally agree on many things but you are being obtuse here. My stance on TBs has probably been the most consistent stance I have ever taken on this board other than Garrett is average. Shoot, I said it was a mistake to even use the 4th pick in the draft on a TB and said that when he was drafted, after his rookie year, etc.

Ken

Reaction score
This has been accumulating since last year. Not sure why the majority cant see it. There is no speed or elusiveness. stop, hop, dive when he feels contact
This was the worst signing in DC history
Not only all of that...but his vision is terrible.

He overcame his horrible vision with elite athleticism. He doesn't have that anymore. I would rather see Pollard.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not only all of that...but his vision is terrible.

He overcame his horrible vision with elite athleticism. He doesn't have that anymore. I would rather see Pollard.

Pollard ....lol...Rico where are you brother???? :muttley:

DallasDomination

Reaction score
And with that said Pollard will not get a chance to see what he can do..

On the same token I would just like Zeke to hit the ground running.. he takes way too long to hit the hole or start getting downhill.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I've been saying this FOR OVER A YEAR. I didn't just come up with this because he had some bad games this year. He could come out against the Lions and run for 250 yards and I'd still say the exact same thing. That locking up a TB to a big contract long term is a bad move. I said this before he even got the contract............. that paying a TB, any TB, is a bad financial move. Because in short time, you are likely going to see a regression in a TB's play because of the nature of the position.

You and I normally agree on many things but you are being obtuse here. My stance on TBs has probably been the most consistent stance I have ever taken on this board other than Garrett is average. Shoot, I said it was a mistake to even use the 4th pick in the draft on a TB and said that when he was drafted, after his rookie year, etc.
My point is clearly going over your head...

Its not what your stance is (shouldnt have paid Zeke) its why your stance is what it is (His skills will diminish)...You are in here basically saying see I knew we shouldnt have paid him, hes already regressing. What i am saying to you is, its an overreaction to a poor game. He played well the three previous game, one being against probably the best run defense in the league.

Its an overreaction to one game. Its typical Cz poster behavior. Agenda-filled nonsense. The ones that are the loudest about Zeke being washed up, are the same ones that are mad about 1. Him holding out, 2. cowboys drafting him at 4 and re-signing him

You werent saying this FOR OVER A YEAR
He's being paid like the best TB in football. He's not playing nearly like even a Top 5 TB. He lacks explosiveness and speed, he can't get outside anymore and beat someone to the corner like he could 3 years ago.

Blame the OL all you want, they have not been good, but the skill set Elliott is showing right is eye opening given we are months from handing him a massive contract. Especially when people warned that this is the exact reason why shouldn't give a huge contract.................
When he was hurdling over Eagles defenders just last year...

When he was just making Brandon Graham look stupid just 3 weeks ago...

Fans man :facepalm:

Last edited:

Ken

Reaction score
Pollard ....lol...Rico where are you brother???? :muttley:
How would we know as he gets no chances.

Such a waste of a pick to this point. He should be the 3rd down back and get some carries.

Sydla

Reaction score
My point is clearly going over your head...

Its not what your stance is (shouldnt have paid Zeke) its why your stance is what it is (His skills will diminish)...You are in here basically saying see I knew we shouldnt have paid him, hes already regressing. What i am saying to you is, its an overreaction to a poor game. He played well the three previous game, one being against probably the best run defense in the league.

Its an overreaction to one game. Its typical Cz poster behavior. Agenda-filled nonsense. The ones that are the loudest about Zeke being washed up, are the same ones that are mad about 1. Him holding out, 2. cowboys drafting him at 4 and re-signing him

You werent saying this FOR OVER A YEAR

When he was hurdling over Eagles defenders just last year...

When he was just making Brandon Graham look stupid just 3 weeks ago...

Fans man :facepalm:

Actually I have been saying similar. I said last year that Elliott seemed to lack a burst that he had his rookie year, for example. It was one of the reasons I was against signing him long term when the reports started coming out right after the season that Elliott might demand an extension - that he didn't look like the same TB as a rookie.

But you and I aren't going to see eye to eye on this, so it is what it is. I don't care how good he plays next weekend or two weeks or three weeks from now. I stand by my stance I have made for a long time. It was a bad signing and like most TBs, he's going to decline and in 2-3 years we are going to be taking the Dez approach and looking to pull the rip cord on that contract.

And if I am wrong and Elliott goes on to dominate and play like an elite TB 2-3 years from now and justifies the contract, you can laugh at me and mock me and I will tell you that I was absolutely wrong.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Not to the intelligent

He is only averaging 7 less ypg than last year and ALREADY has as many TDs. Ill take the 7 less yards if it comes with more TDs.

If you can't see the difference with your eyes I don't know what to tell you. He offers nothing in regards to explosive plays, doesn't avoid or break tackles, and simply gets what's blocked for him, plus the 2 or 3 yards that he does a great job of always falling forward.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Using volume based stats to make your point is foolish
But it's not. He has as many TDs as all of last season. He's on pace to rush for more yards. More yards means more advancement for the offense. He's never been a top end speed back, why would that change?

If Elliott "is on the decline" how is it even possible to rush for 139, 111, 105, 125 & 111? I mean, if he's so bad explain the high level performance. Because the way I see it, against better defenses or when the O line was injured the run game has been simply awful. Elliott cannot block for himself. A little has to do with the play calling as well. So yeah, Elliott could be better, but too much is expected with this overrated O line.

And there's a perception that the O line has been super awesome pass blocking. What I watched illustrated Prescott running all over the place and had to extend a few plays passing on the run. In fact, considering the pressure he did a damn good job dropping some darts.

Naruto

Reaction score
If there isn't anywhere to run, no RB in the league is going to simply bust through multiple defenders before he even crosses the line of scrimmage. The O line is par at best against good defenses as we've seen all season long. Williams is horrible, Smith and Collins aren't 100%, neither is Martin and Fred doesn't look elite like normal. I just don't understand how this gets dismissed and Elliott is the sole culprit.

So Zeke is a RB that can't create on his own and also can't break long runs when given the chance....so why did we make him the highest paid RB?