Video: What Happened to Ezekiel Elliott? Baldy Breakdowns

MyFairLady

Reaction score
No worries gang we got some games against the Giants and Commanders coming up. Oh wait never mind. Perhaps Miami or the Jets? Played them you say. Surely the Bengals are coming to town.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
So Zeke is a RB that can't create on his own and also can't break long runs when given the chance....so why did we make him the highest paid RB?
Create what on his own? You do understand that the men blocking for him are essential, right? Ya, Elliott needs to do a better job of blocking the 6-8 players on the line.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
But it's not. He has as many TDs as all of last season. He's on pace to rush for more yards. More yards means more advancement for the offense. He's never been a top end speed back, why would that change?

If Elliott "is on the decline" how is it even possible to rush for 139, 111, 105, 125 & 111? I mean, if he's so bad explain the high level performance. Because the way I see it, against better defenses or when the O line was injured the run game has been simply awful. Elliott cannot block for himself. A little has to do with the play calling as well. So yeah, Elliott could be better, but too much is expected with this overrated O line.

And there's a perception that the O line has been super awesome pass blocking. What I watched illustrated Prescott running all over the place and had to extend a few plays passing on the run. In fact, considering the pressure he did a damn good job dropping some darts.

He's had one game all year where he made plays (Eagles)

The rest of them he gets what's blocked. Which is yet another reason why you don't pay RB's big money. He has one run of 20+ yards. That tells you what he's not able to make things happen on his own anymore and is reliant on the run blocking. When he's in the open field 1 v 1 he isn't able to make the defender miss or break the tackle.

But go on and keep saying he's still the same back when most advanced numbers that aren't just raw volume are screaming otherwise

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Create what on his own? You do understand that the men blocking for him are essential, right? Ya, Elliott needs to do a better job of blocking the 6-8 players on the line.

For most of the year they've done a great job of blocking, it's why Zeke is near the top of 10 yard runs.

Creating on your own is when you have to make a defender miss in the hole or in the open field. My god how elementary do we need to get around here?

links18

Reaction score
Seems like, I don't know, maybe there is a coaching issue here?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He's had one game all year where he made plays (Eagles)

The rest of them he gets what's blocked. Which is yet another reason why you don't pay RB's big money. He has one run of 20+ yards. That tells you what he's not able to make things happen on his own anymore and is reliant on the run blocking. When he's in the open field 1 v 1 he isn't able to make the defender miss or break the tackle.

But go on and keep saying he's still the same back when most advanced numbers that aren't just raw volume are screaming otherwise
The discussion is over when you suggest he's had ONE game he's made plays. Hard to take serious, have a great day.

Gorgon

Reaction score
Zeke has been run down to the ground his first 3 years. He's looking old and out of gas. I mentioned it late in the season last year how he was looking slow, timid and afraid to hit tight holes and the edges aggressively like he used to in 2016, 2017 and early 2018 seasons, but I got blasted for saying so. Even during last year's playoff loss at the Rams, Zeke looked like he did this past Sunday night against the Vikings......old, slow, hesitant, out of gas, worn down, etc. I told y'all it was a mistake for Jerry to pay him #1 overall top RB ever pay. Oh, well...

He is definitely looking slower. On a couple of those runs to the edge, in the past he would have outrun the corner. Now he goes for a tiny hole between two defenders. Misses virtually every cutback opportunity.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idiot alert!!!!!! Everyone looking to dump on Zeke to deflect blame!! Lol!!! Pendejos!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Guy is accomplishing feats on par with Dickerson and Brown and we got people saying we should play Pollard over him :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

He looks like Hambrick right now.

Dickerson? Brown? ahahahahaaha!!!!!!

You truly have no shame. Poor Williewonka's hero Zeke took another big turd.

Another 400 yard 3 TD game for Dak!!!!!

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
If you can't see the difference with your eyes I don't know what to tell you. He offers nothing in regards to explosive plays, doesn't avoid or break tackles, and simply gets what's blocked for him, plus the 2 or 3 yards that he does a great job of always falling forward.
2nd in DYAR behind McCaffery, 2nd in DVOA, and 6th in success rate

Doesnt sound like a big problem to me

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
More BS "he doesn't make people miss." Lmao.
Definitely. I didn't see much room in any of those runs in the video. Embarrassing considering how much they've invested in the line.
Right? I mean I can understand fans saying he looked sluggish, but there was very little room to run. And to suggest he should simply bounce outside isn't always a realistic option.

Legend

Reaction score
More BS "he doesn't make people miss." Lmao.

Right? I mean I can understand fans saying he looked sluggish, but there was very little room to run. And to suggest he should simply bounce outside isn't always a realistic option.
Design running plays like this to get him away from the bulk of the defenders; instead of running him into the teeth of the defense.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Hey look yall its the 65 year old crybaby :lmao2::lmao2:

Still with his **** posting
Turd rate?

You are a grown man, grandpa. Its time to grow up. I know being alone makes you bored, but its time

You continue to reference my wife dying of cancer. You don't seem like too smart a guy. At some point the moderators are just going to ban you.

Im not even close to 65 either. LOL

Nav22

Reaction score
DURRRRR b-b-b-but Jerry Jones and Jeff Cavanaugh said it was IMPOSSIBLE for Zeke to have any success vs the Vikings!!!

What does an ex-NFL offensive lineman know about blocking, @superonyx ????
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Design running plays like this to get him away from the bulk of the defenders; instead of running him into the teeth of the defense.

The Vikings did a really good job at the point of attack. Even if there was an opening, the LBers filled in.