What happens if CD and Parsons dont sign extensions

Q_the_man

Reaction score
What will happen if CD and Parsons both decide not to sign extensions after this year both would be eligible for FA after 2025. Would we trade one to begin the 25 season then franchise the other or do we play the season out hoping to sign one or both.

This is all hypothetical but if we don't sign CD this year this is what could possibly happen.

Creeper

Reaction score
They picked up Parson's 5th year so he can't be a free agent until 2026. But if CeeDee does not sign an extension this year, I would put him on the trading block. In fact, I would have tried to get something done well before the draft so I could trade him and draft a WR this year to replace him if he is unwilling to sign..

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Cannot tag two players at same time , but it's good that this won't happen in the same year.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought a team could use one of each tag (transitional and exclusive/non-exclusive) for a total of two each season.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
don’t forget Bland and Martin and Dlaw. Next year could be ugly.

I think Dak is the odd man out unless he proves himself worthy. If he does we will lose a lot of familiar faces.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What will happen if CD and Parsons both decide not to sign extensions after this year both would be eligible for FA after 2025. Would we trade one to begin the 25 season then franchise the other or do we play the season out hoping to sign one or both.

This is all hypothetical but if we don't sign CD this year this is what could possibly happen.
They leave. We get compensatory picks.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

Offer Lamb an appropriate contract and he’ll sign. If they offer him less than a top or near top of the market contract he’ll play out his tags and leave.

plasticman

Reaction score
Signing Parsons would be an NFL free for all if he did become available.

I wonder just how crazy the number would be and which team would be willing to pay it.

What is the highest compensatory pick ever awarded a team? Does anyone know?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Signing Parsons would be an NFL free for all if he did become available.

I wonder just how crazy the number would be and which team would be willing to pay it.

What is the highest compensatory pick ever awarded a team? Does anyone know?
Can’t be higher than a 3rd.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Then you’d have enough $ to sign Bland/Ferguson/Smith.

Would you rather have Parsons or 2 of Bland/Ferguson/Smith?

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
If we aren't tanking, and Cap Boy truly is running the show, and his mantra is as Jerry says: "do more with less", I wouldn't expect us to even try.

Chasing6

Reaction score

CD would be tagged and Micah would play on his 5th year option. Assuming one or both don't hold out.

ICP

Reaction score
If the money's there they will sign. Players today don't turn down paydays for Championships, at least not in their younger years

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
They will both be extended. The Cowboys are not going to risk losing them. We all know it.

Silverstar

Reaction score
I think both will get extended with huge signing bonuses and contracts that are close to 100% guaranteed.

Let's just pray the cap keeps going up every year.