What happens if CD and Parsons dont sign extensions

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
It's like a lot of people here forgot our most recent playoff game.

Lamb had to be coddled and stroked by our head coach on the bench after pouting like a child following our first series for goodness sakes.

Parsons once again was a complete non-factor in a playoff game.

These are our 'franchise cornerstones' and must signs? These are the team leaders?

I just don't think these are the types of players you build winning teams with. Maybe with different organizations i don't know.

I'm not down with these two at all and having to make them top of the league earners at their positions going forward, nope. I'd trade these two in a heartbeat.

Verdict

Reaction score
don’t forget Bland and Martin and Dlaw. Next year could be ugly.

I think Dak is the odd man out unless he proves himself worthy. If he does we will lose a lot of familiar faces.
I suspect Martin and Tank are on borrowed time with the Cowboys.

Verdict

Reaction score
It's like a lot of people here forgot our most recent playoff game.

Lamb had to be coddled and stroked by our head coach on the bench after pouting like a child following our first series for goodness sakes.

Parsons once again was a complete non-factor in a playoff game.

These are our 'franchise cornerstones' and must signs? These are the team leaders?

I just don't think these are the types of players you build winning teams with. Maybe with different organizations i don't know.

I'm not down with these two at all and having to make them top of the league earners at their positions going forward, nope. I'd trade these two in a heartbeat.
If you could get two first round picks for both of these guys (CeeDee and Parsons) I really think the team should evaluate that as a real possibility. They are both stud players, no doubt, but their respective cap hits will be legitimate back breakers.

Parsons is a stud, but it’s also only a matter of time before he gets hurt going up against much larger players on every down. I would be actively looking at what I could get for him in a trade.

CoachD

Reaction score
Then we still go with the "we like our guys" angle!

Jumbo075

Reaction score
What will happen if CD and Parsons both decide not to sign extensions after this year both would be eligible for FA after 2025. Would we trade one to begin the 25 season then franchise the other or do we play the season out hoping to sign one or both.

This is all hypothetical but if we don't sign CD this year this is what could possibly happen.
The same thing that happens if the sun flames out. We all die...

blueblood70

Reaction score

I think Dak is the odd man out unless he proves himself worthy. If he does we will lose a lot of familiar faces.
Ugly it might be the best thing to happen to Jerry Jones they literally would be forced to do something they don't do very often is to trade their superstars for a long hall of draft picks you realize how many draft picks we can get with those two and by the way if we're gonna do this and Prescott's not gonna be there that's what I would do screw these dudes if they don't wanna be here I mean it's $17 million it's just too little to get $1,000,000 a game for CD lamb and more than that for Parsons while they're waiting on a contract they start that whole holdout thing I don't wanna be here anyway I mean that's just sounds like they're gonna hold Jerry hostage and I'm not saying they shouldn't get paid but there's a difference between getting paid top five money and not trying to break open the market you know set the new market so now here's who I'm getting rid of yeah Prescott's not here next year trade Parsons lamb digs Martin and get rid of tank and let's start this over I mean that could be the best thing to happen to the Jones family cause they won't have a choice and they can rebuild pretty quick with all that they could get for those three guys and then cutting all the fat....

It's the one thing this team does pretty well is pick in the draft correct I mean all those first round second and third round draft picks you're gonna get for those guys it wouldn't be a long rebuild if they decided to really get ballsy and do that... I'm just saying the fanbase seems to hate Jerry Jones so much so forgetting about the team they can't pay everyone the brand new market setting super contract right now Trayvon diggs is at 5 he was at 4:00 that's not bad except for the fact he didn't play last year but the city lamb's trying to get like 35 million cause he really needs his ego to be set because he thinks he's better than A.J. Brown he wants to be the talk of the town yet this dude was part of the bad first half we had with Green Bay... He dropped some passes he seemed to give up a little he was pounding on the sideline I'm not saying I want these guys gone but dude this is not the end of the world everyone seems to want to get rid of your best asset which would be a second team all pro second MVP voting quarterback everybody needs a quarterback well if the quarterback's not here it's time to get rid of all of them none of them has helped us win anything in the playoffs not a single one of them...

And let me be clear if we let DeMarcus wear ie Dware go and a lot of other bigger names have walked out you know eventually in their careers we can do it with them as well...

blueblood70

Reaction score
We need to sign both. They are the franchise cornerstones.
Look I agree it would be nice to keep them both and I hope we keep Prescott too..

I hope the team stays together whatever you try to hold this team hostage for the biggest contract you've ever seen from all of them I'm sorry dude teams have let these same types go you get all you can in the draft pick area for them you know devante adams, tyreek hill, stefon diggs, A.J. Brown, moore, hopkins, and many others I probably can't even remember, these dudes are the top receivers in the league at one time.. I mean back in the day we had guys like TO and others to get traded man it's just part of the league and like I said if we don't keep Prescott what's the point these same dudes are not stepping up in the playoffs either why do they deserve a Max contract at their position at Prescott doesn't have his none of these dudes have done anything special in a playoff game not the second round not the one that launched us into an NFC championship.

So let's just keep it real and don't be a hypocrite let's think team first if Prescott's not here there's no reason to try to pay those guys I mean that's my opinion get a draft hall you can rebuild this team quickly...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What will happen if CD and Parsons both decide not to sign extensions after this year both would be eligible for FA after 2025. Would we trade one to begin the 25 season then franchise the other or do we play the season out hoping to sign one or both.

This is all hypothetical but if we don't sign CD this year this is what could possibly happen.
Then they are volunteering their own removal from the team. They will both receive offers from the Cowboys FO.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Look I agree it would be nice to keep them both and I hope we keep Prescott too..

I hope the team stays together whatever you try to hold this team hostage for the biggest contract you've ever seen from all of them I'm sorry dude teams have let these same types go you get all you can in the draft pick area for them you know devante adams, tyreek hill, stefon diggs, A.J. Brown, moore, hopkins, and many others I probably can't even remember, these dudes are the top receivers in the league at one time.. I mean back in the day we had guys like TO and others to get traded man it's just part of the league and like I said if we don't keep Prescott what's the point these same dudes are not stepping up in the playoffs either why do they deserve a Max contract at their position at Prescott doesn't have his none of these dudes have done anything special in a playoff game not the second round not the one that launched us into an NFC championship.

So let's just keep it real and don't be a hypocrite let's think team first if Prescott's not here there's no reason to try to pay those guys I mean that's my opinion get a draft hall you can rebuild this team quickly...
You definitely keep Lamb and Parsons. It is players like Martin and Lawrence along with Prescott that will come off the books.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You definitely keep Lamb and Parsons. It is players like Martin and Lawrence along with Prescott that will come off the books.
And I'm telling you I disagree if you're not gonna keep the best positional player on the team who second MVP voting second team all pro arguably one of his best seasons you're saying get rid of the most important position on the team that means you have to start over and the only way to start over is to go get all your draft compensation from the other guys digs lambs and Parsons that's my opinion you're not pulling me off it if this team wants to rebuild if this fan base really wants to blow it up that would be the best thing for this team is to completely start over... Again I didn't say I want them all gone but if you're gonna keep pressing that we get rid of Prescott I'm gonna keep pressing we get rid of all the others...

It makes no sense you have no common sense if you think this through if you need to find a quarterback it ain't easy 95 quarterbacks drafted since 2016 and only one of them has won a Super Bowl most of them don't work out it's very difficult to find that position the only way to do it is to blow it all up trade everyone just like you've seen other teams do and then hopefully you find another quarterback and then you can build around them.. Lamb and Diggs and Parsons none of them has helped us win in the second round of the playoffs that's the problem right why pay all of them any market value if they're part of the issue if Prescott's part of the issue so are they....

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
If you could get two first round picks for both of these guys (CeeDee and Parsons) I really think the team should evaluate that as a real possibility. They are both stud players, no doubt, but their respective cap hits will be legitimate back breakers.

Parsons is a stud, but it’s also only a matter of time before he gets hurt going up against much larger players on every down. I would be actively looking at what I could get for him in a trade.
100%.

Consistently lining up against much bigger players will take its toll on Parsons. Dallas might sign him to a record contract, and then watch his reliability and production decline.

Sell high.

dreghorn2

Reaction score
I'm telling you right now if they are really going to embrace the analytics side of football, then they are going to have to embrace that signing every player to top of the league money for second contracts is not a winning strategy, even if said players are all-pros. Proven playoff performers, heck yes, they get paid, The rest, hard no.

The problem in Dallas is jersey sales and fan base perception enters the equation, something analytics doesn't consider.

Verdict

Reaction score
Ugly it might be the best thing to happen to Jerry Jones they literally would be forced to do something they don't do very often is to trade their superstars for a long hall of draft picks you realize how many draft picks we can get with those two and by the way if we're gonna do this and Prescott's not gonna be there that's what I would do screw these dudes if they don't wanna be here I mean it's $17 million it's just too little to get $1,000,000 a game for CD lamb and more than that for Parsons while they're waiting on a contract they start that whole holdout thing I don't wanna be here anyway I mean that's just sounds like they're gonna hold Jerry hostage and I'm not saying they shouldn't get paid but there's a difference between getting paid top five money and not trying to break open the market you know set the new market so now here's who I'm getting rid of yeah Prescott's not here next year trade Parsons lamb digs Martin and get rid of tank and let's start this over I mean that could be the best thing to happen to the Jones family cause they won't have a choice and they can rebuild pretty quick with all that they could get for those three guys and then cutting all the fat....

It's the one thing this team does pretty well is pick in the draft correct I mean all those first round second and third round draft picks you're gonna get for those guys it wouldn't be a long rebuild if they decided to really get ballsy and do that... I'm just saying the fanbase seems to hate Jerry Jones so much so forgetting about the team they can't pay everyone the brand new market setting super contract right now Trayvon diggs is at 5 he was at 4:00 that's not bad except for the fact he didn't play last year but the city lamb's trying to get like 35 million cause he really needs his ego to be set because he thinks he's better than A.J. Brown he wants to be the talk of the town yet this dude was part of the bad first half we had with Green Bay... He dropped some passes he seemed to give up a little he was pounding on the sideline I'm not saying I want these guys gone but dude this is not the end of the world everyone seems to want to get rid of your best asset which would be a second team all pro second MVP voting quarterback everybody needs a quarterback well if the quarterback's not here it's time to get rid of all of them none of them has helped us win anything in the playoffs not a single one of them...

And let me be clear if we let DeMarcus wear ie Dware go and a lot of other bigger names have walked out you know eventually in their careers we can do it with them as well...
If a team plans on building through the draft, (and ignoring free agency for the most part) it is very hard to fill holes because you never have enough picks to fill all of the holes.

Teams seem to desperately cling to their successes and overpay to keep them. Granted, Parsons and CeeDee are two of the best at their positions but if you TRULY believe that you are much better than other teams at drafting players, why not leverage that to your benefit?

If you trade either CeeDee or Parsons for two first round picks (or something in that vicinity) you could replace either player with a player that is somewhere in the same vicinity of the talent level, keep your cap charge relatively healthy, and also have another pick to fill a hole at another position.

Verdict

Reaction score
100%.

Consistently lining up against much bigger players will take its toll on Parsons. Dallas might sign him to a record contract, and then watch his reliability and production decline.

Sell high.
Parsons’ production is much harder to replace with a single individual defensive player but I see his injury risk factor as a reason to move on from him if the right trade opportunity came along. If I had to give up either CeeDee or Parsons for cap reasons, I would part with Parsons due to the fact that I doubt that he will continue to produce at his current level of play over the life of a second contract. If he does he is bucking the odds.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

From how they operated and drafted I think the plan is to move on from Martin and Dlaw.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
And I'm telling you I disagree if you're not gonna keep the best positional player on the team who second MVP voting second team all pro arguably one of his best seasons you're saying get rid of the most important position on the team that means you have to start over and the only way to start over is to go get all your draft compensation from the other guys digs lambs and Parsons that's my opinion you're not pulling me off it if this team wants to rebuild if this fan base really wants to blow it up that would be the best thing for this team is to completely start over... Again I didn't say I want them all gone but if you're gonna keep pressing that we get rid of Prescott I'm gonna keep pressing we get rid of all the others...

It makes no sense you have no common sense if you think this through if you need to find a quarterback it ain't easy 95 quarterbacks drafted since 2016 and only one of them has won a Super Bowl most of them don't work out it's very difficult to find that position the only way to do it is to blow it all up trade everyone just like you've seen other teams do and then hopefully you find another quarterback and then you can build around them.. Lamb and Diggs and Parsons none of them has helped us win in the second round of the playoffs that's the problem right why pay all of them any market value if they're part of the issue if Prescott's part of the issue so are they....
You are only proving the point, it is better to gamble on a lower costing QB than overpay a mediocre one. Just like Dak fell into a good situation with a ready made team, the next guy can do the same. He doesn't have to be Patrick Mahomes. Look at the 9ers, and the Packers as examples

dreghorn2

Reaction score
Even if Lamb was upset at Dak for real or perceived mistakes in the Green Bay game, a leader rallies the troops tells Dak or whomever 'lets' go man , we got this, let's get after these guys' he doesn't pout on the bench in the first damn quarter.

You going to pay this guy 30 million a year? Not with my money.