What happens if we go 2-6 over the 2nd half?

Aven8

Reaction score
With a healthy Romo and Dez, etc. That would put us at 4-12. What changes happen if any? There will be no excuses with a healthy team.

RunDMC

Reaction score
Heads would have to roll. Not winning at least four or five games with a healthy Romo would be absolutely inexcusable. That would totally dispel the notion that Romo was the sole reason for the losing streak. I don't believe in that notion anyway, but I don't see how at the very least Garrett isn't fired if this team only manages to win a measley two ball games in the second half after Tony makes him return.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Whomever you want to blame, there are no excuses anyway. The only other playoff team in the last 10 years that has played this poorly without its starting QB the next season was the 2011 Colts after they lost Manning to injury.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
With a healthy Romo and Dez, etc. That would put us at 4-12. What changes happen if any? There will be no excuses with a healthy team.

Then Garrett should be fired. However, it would depend on how healthy a healthy Romo is. If Romo is off because he's still having injury issues, then this will be chalked up to a bad-luck year. If we struggle despite Romo playing well, then someone has to answer for that ... and it would probably be Marinelli.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Whomever you want to blame, there are no excuses anyway. The only other playoff team in the last 10 years that has played this poorly without its starting QB the next season was the 2011 Colts after they lost Manning to injury.

So losing Manning was no excuse for the Colts playing that poorly?

slick325

Reaction score
Dallas drafts Goff in the 1st round of the 2016 draft to appease the fan bases desire to have the future QB on the roster. Then Dallas hopes and prays they can land a 2016 starter at the top of Round 2 at WR, RB, DT and probably another CB.

That's what happens if Dallas goes 2-6 the rest of the way meaning Romo can only win 2 games at most in 7 games. I'm not as optimistic as I was but even I think Romo can win more than two games out of 7.

dstew60105

Reaction score

We will have a top 4 draft pick. And outside of Claibourne, we've drafted well with our early picks.

kazzd58

Reaction score

we will be able to get high quality players in the draft is what it means... which is not all that bad considering the prospects coming out this yr zek from ohio state comes to mind..ijs

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I see us going 4-3 (5-2 at best) with Romo back in the saddle. That gives us 7-9 at best. Just good enough to place us in NFL Draft purgatory with a "teenth" pick.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Nothing would change head coach wise that's for sure. A ton of players need to change on the roster next year regardless of how dallas finishes.

Aven8

Reaction score
What if Romo wins every game and gets us in the playoffs? Does he get league MVP? OR Does a team with Hardy on it not get that consideration?

Yes he should. I can see him winning 7 straight as well, it's the rest of the team I question!