What Happens To Dak If Mike White Blows up

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Hypothetically Lets say White shows a something this preseason and Moore feels like White has higher upside. Do you still resign Dak or do you wait to see how White develops.

It wouldn't matter. The only way he'd get a chance to prove himself and possibly steal the job is if Prescott got hurt and White had to step in. What he does in the preseason is not going to unseat Prescott because the preseason just isn't the same as the regular season. All the preseason really serves as is a warm-up, a chance to settle a few unsettled positions and an opportunity to figure out what bottom-of-the-roster players you are going to keep. Starter spots like Dak's are not up for grabs.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Hypothetically Lets say White shows a something this preseason and Moore feels like White has higher upside. Do you still resign Dak or do you wait to see how White develops.
If that happens, truly. You have high hand on Dak negotiations.....depends on how much you are willing to risk...since all we would have is pre season...unless Dak gets hurt and we can see how white does....

Londonboy

Reaction score
What if the Queen had balls?
She has several every Year, I believe the last one was in Honour of the visiting Chinese Premier, the Royal Marines Band played tunes from Musicals and Prince Philip was unwell, so there were no diplomatic incidents (although Hello Dolly caused a stir, until Someone pointed out that it was Dolly, not Dalai).

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Man, you guys think it's really easy to find a quality starting QB in this league, eh?

Every team has a Mike White, some backup that fans want to take over because they don't like their starter for whatever reason.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Why do people keep trying to find reasons to move on from dak? He had an amazing rookie year, a sophomore slump, a strong 3rd season showing major progress and is poised to breakout this year...

If mike white plays well then we either have a good backup for a few years or follow the patriot model and trade him for some good draft capital.

But dak is the qb for the next decade. Period
Why do people say he had a slump in 17? Maybe cause he had more picks but his passing and rushing TDs were on par all 3 seasons. I didn't see it as a slump although he had a few games that weren't good. Guess i think a slump is like some of the bigger name QBs that had 11 tds and 14 picks kind of season. Dak had over 20 passing tds in 17

reddyuta

Reaction score
I will be impressed if White wins the backup spot,i was dissapointed in him last season.He showed the NFL was too quick for him and we lost a good CB in Ward because we had to keep 3 QBs.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Why do people keep trying to find reasons to move on from dak?

Because of Tony Romo.

Been a Cowboy fan since their first season. There were always quarterback controversies from time to time. Staubach and Morton, White and Hogeboom. Aikman and Walsh ( to a much lesser degree.)

In all of those scenarios the quarterbacks had a competency going in.Morton was a really good quarterback, but Staubach was exceptional. White was very good. Maybe better than I ever gave him credit for. But he did not have that calm Staubach had under fire. Hogeboom needed seasoning and Landry had grown weary of almost getting there with White. Jimmy loved Walsh from his college days. But there is no real comparison between him and Aikman.

But controversies brewed. Fans were split.

Bledsoe and Romo. Like times before, when the fans were tired of Bledsoe tossing the ball to the other team, they cried for Romo. But this was the first time you pitted a first round pick against a walk on. Up until Romo went into the game for Bledsoe against the Giants, his only claim to fame was playing well in mop up time in pre-season games.

We all know the story there.

But what came after because of Romo in the eyes of fans became a Romo Delusion Syndrome in my opinion. Every time a starter would make a mistake all you head on this and other boards was, "Hey put in player XXXXXXX, because we've got to see what the young guys can do.

Romo was an anomaly. He was the one thing that broke the rule. Walk ons are not supposed to beat out first round draft picks.

He is the "fight in the dog" example.

So when you asked why people are wanting to move on from Dak, there are two answers to that question and both of them end up at Romo.

1. Romo was great and the fans are constantly disappointed that Dak is the quarterback. One might make the case that if Romo had been put back into the starter position in 2016, he could have gotten the team to the NFC Championship game. There's a lot of speculation in that thought. He really played well when he entered the Eagle game. But the flip side of that is he was a walking time bomb physically. As we see in the pre-season game in 2016, one awkward tackle and his body broke. So while we can all dream of Romo coming in and taking over, the fact remains his potential of breaking down was skyrocketing.

***It is here I'd like to introduce my opinion of cheating by opponents. There is something the Golden State Warriors do when they get to the play-offs. When an opponent rises for a jump shot, especially one of the better players on the other team, they step forward to get a footin the landing area of the jump shooter. Not every time, but it increases as the stakes get higher. They cheat. They don't care if the opponent gets hurt. Fact is that is the goal.

I believe opponents, and especially Washington, would try and put a knee in Romo's back when he would duck for cover. They purposely tried to hurt him because his play hurt them.

Just my opinion.***

2. Because of Romo's Cinderella story - Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac…It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! - fans now have a belief they can catch lightning ion a bottle a second time.

This team went over forty years before the unthinkable happened. Romo came from nowhere and became a superstar. THe ever optimism of fans believe that can happen again and again. Let's put the young guys in and see what they can do.

The reason Romo entered the game was not because Parcels wanted to see what the young guy could do. The young guy was doing it in practice, and while Parcels was old school and didn't want to risk the teams forward momentum if Romo could not do in a rewal game what he did in practice. But Bledsoe's continued interceptions and Romo's prestidigitation in practice convinced him to find out.

The reason they don't just toss guys in to see what they can do is they see them in practice and know what they can do.

As an exception the Carter/ Hutchinson fued was a truly wasted time and a point of contention that both factions were wrong.

Because both of those players sucked like a teen-aged kid stealing gas from the neighbors car.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Because of Tony Romo.

Been a Cowboy fan since their first season. There were always quarterback controversies from time to time. Staubach and Morton, White and Hogeboom. Aikman and Walsh ( to a much lesser degree.)

In all of those scenarios the quarterbacks had a competency going in.Morton was a really good quarterback, but Staubach was exceptional. White was very good. Maybe better than I ever gave him credit for. But he did not have that calm Staubach had under fire. Hogeboom needed seasoning and Landry had grown weary of almost getting there with White. Jimmy loved Walsh from his college days. But there is no real comparison between him and Aikman.

But controversies brewed. Fans were split.

Bledsoe and Romo. Like times before, when the fans were tired of Bledsoe tossing the ball to the other team, they cried for Romo. But this was the first time you pitted a first round pick against a walk on. Up until Romo went into the game for Bledsoe against the Giants, his only claim to fame was playing well in mop up time in pre-season games.

We all know the story there.

But what came after because of Romo in the eyes of fans became a Romo Delusion Syndrome in my opinion. Every time a starter would make a mistake all you head on this and other boards was, "Hey put in player XXXXXXX, because we've got to see what the young guys can do.

Romo was an anomaly. He was the one thing that broke the rule. Walk ons are not supposed to beat out first round draft picks.

He is the "fight in the dog" example.

So when you asked why people are wanting to move on from Dak, there are two answers to that question and both of them end up at Romo.

1. Romo was great and the fans are constantly disappointed that Dak is the quarterback. One might make the case that if Romo had been put back into the starter position in 2016, he could have gotten the team to the NFC Championship game. There's a lot of speculation in that thought. He really played well when he entered the Eagle game. But the flip side of that is he was a walking time bomb physically. As we see in the pre-season game in 2016, one awkward tackle and his body broke. So while we can all dream of Romo coming in and taking over, the fact remains his potential of breaking down was skyrocketing.

***It is here I'd like to introduce my opinion of cheating by opponents. There is something the Golden State Warriors do when they get to the play-offs. When an opponent rises for a jump shot, especially one of the better players on the other team, they step forward to get a footin the landing area of the jump shooter. Not every time, but it increases as the stakes get higher. They cheat. They don't care if the opponent gets hurt. Fact is that is the goal.

I believe opponents, and especially Washington, would try and put a knee in Romo's back when he would duck for cover. They purposely tried to hurt him because his play hurt them.

Just my opinion.***

2. Because of Romo's Cinderella story - Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac…It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! - fans now have a belief they can catch lightning ion a bottle a second time.

This team went over forty years before the unthinkable happened. Romo came from nowhere and became a superstar. THe ever optimism of fans believe that can happen again and again. Let's put the young guys in and see what they can do.

The reason Romo entered the game was not because Parcels wanted to see what the young guy could do. The young guy was doing it in practice, and while Parcels was old school and didn't want to risk the teams forward momentum if Romo could not do in a rewal game what he did in practice. But Bledsoe's continued interceptions and Romo's prestidigitation in practice convinced him to find out.

The reason they don't just toss guys in to see what they can do is they see them in practice and know what they can do.

As an exception the Carter/ Hutchinson fued was a truly wasted time and a point of contention that both factions were wrong.

Because both of those players sucked like a teen-aged kid stealing gas from the neighbors car.
Yup.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
I swear.... some of y’all doing the same stuff y’all did when Romo first started... half this board wanted Romo trade for half of his career... now y’all at it again with Dak.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
There is no way any backup QB is going to beat Dak. JG will not allow it it.

1.) Dallas refuses to even bring in any potential talented QB other than Dak. It would disrupt the feng shui of the Dallas Locker Room & they don't want to be prepared in the event of a Dak injury.

2.) JG refuses to even game plan for preseason games. Rush and White will only be playing with the scrubs and practice squad guys. JG won't even try to run an offense or move the ball. This is because JG and Jerry are smarter than every other team in the NFL. The Dallas cowboys plan on using the first 3 weeks of the regular season to get the team on the same page with the blocking, QB/Wr timing, and what not. Jerry likes to lose the first couple of games so at the end of the season Dallas is struggling to win games in order to make the playoffs.
'copy' :star:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
raw
Ha-Ha-Ha,,,I could vector off in any direction of the compass on this one,,,but,,,in keeping it
pg-13, I'll just say:
" drugs make you really more dumb,,,kids":thumbup:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What if Connor Williams blow ups at OT. Does he replace Tyron?

What if Weber blows up at RB. Does he replace Zeke?