What Happens To Dak If Mike White Blows up

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Why do people keep trying to find reasons to move on from dak? He had an amazing rookie year, a sophomore slump, a strong 3rd season showing major progress and is poised to breakout

I wouldn’t even call it a sophomore slump - his numbers were on track with his rookie year until Zeke got suspended and he had that brutal Atlanta game where Chaz Green was a swinging door.

blueblood70

Reaction score
IFG he did that would be great problem to have but I doubt it will happen.. here with Dak so tough and not injury prone , plus it seems the coaches are unwilling to pull Dak and put the backups in in blowouts either direction, I doubt we know what we have in the backups.. thats the single most irritating thing about garett , he leaves Dak in too long and doesnt try and groom the backup..its as if they are afraid to cause a controversy. Pretty dumb philosophy IMO

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Nothing will change as far as the roster but the mods would have to place a limit on the number of Dak / Mike White threads one could start daily :laugh:

Seriously I hope he does because then we can go long at another position:thumbup:

Last edited:

cern

Reaction score
Why do people keep trying to find reasons to move on from dak? He had an amazing rookie year, a sophomore slump, a strong 3rd season showing major progress and is poised to breakout this year...

If mike white plays well then we either have a good backup for a few years or follow the patriot model and trade him for some good draft capital.

But dak is the qb for the next decade. Period
stop with the logic. there's no place for it here.:)

Swanny

Reaction score
I'm not a huge Dak fan. In fact I'd prefer not sign him to a new deal unless he took a cheap deal. But where the heck does the idea that Mike White has a chance or how is Mike White beating out Dak even a thought? That's something that shouldn't cross anyone's mind. If Nors was here claiming Mike White to be the next Tony Romo then I'd believe him. But Nors is probably the only person on this planet that could say that without me laughing at them.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Having the 4th year rookie salary and prospect of 2 franchise tags is EXACTLY why we SHOULD resign THIS year. Dak should be willing to trade a lower annual salary (closer to $25m than $30m) so he can increase his salary this year. The rookie salary this year + 2 franchise tags simply set the market. And it only goes up if we don’t sign him this year.

I cry BINGO!!!

lostar2009

Reaction score
If he blow up then good. It's something to hold on to or trade. Right now the team is invested in Dak. Unless Dak is injured this season and Mike comes in and ball out nothing will change.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Hypothetically Lets say White shows a something this preseason and Moore feels like White has higher upside. Do you still resign Dak or do you wait to see how White develops.

White is the opposite QB from Dak. Pure pocket passer.

Given the pick of a pure pocket passer like White, their lack of interest in running Dak, and the increased risk of doing so if they plunk down 100mil gtd for him, it's likely they'd just prefer to be signing a pure pocket passer to a long term contract.

And being a better pocket passer than Dak is a significantly lower hurdle to leap than being a better QB than Dak.

The optimal QB strategy for us would be to run running QBs and churn them until we find an elite passer to sign long term.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Ha-Ha-Ha,,,I could vector off in any direction of the compass on this one,,,but,,,in keeping it
pg-13, I'll just say:
" drugs make you really more dumb,,,kids":thumbup:

Look at him! He panics under pressure, doesn't keep his eyes downfield while he scrambles around and then he stumbles into a self-sack, :rolleyes: