What if Noah Brown is ready?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'm starting to think the FO/staff has some faith in Noah Brown to be a starter. He's been here six years but he's still only 26 and has shown some ability as a receiver and blocker. He's trimmed down and looks good in camp.

You never know... He might be just as good as Will Fuller, and more reliable. I hope so. Brown has been one of my pet cats every year.

Some players develop more slowly than others, so anything is possible. However, when we're talking about a sixth-year receiver suddenly showing the ability to be more than the fourth option, I think it's very fair to question that.

He might be just as good and/or more reliable than Fuller, but I think it's foolish to disregard the history of the player and just assume that's going to happen. Right now, Dallas is assuming players who have never had great success in this league (including the unproven rookies) are going to be good enough. I'm not a fan of that.

I'd rather bring in the Will Fuller, or T.Y. Hilton, or Cole Beasley and tell the younger or unproven guys to prove they should start instead of the more proven player.

Toro9

Reaction score
Some players develop more slowly than others, so anything is possible. However, when we're talking about a sixth-year receiver suddenly showing the ability to be more than the fourth option, I think it's very fair to question that.

He might be just as good and/or more reliable than Fuller, but I think it's foolish to disregard the history of the player and just assume that's going to happen. Right now, Dallas is assuming players who have never had great success in this league (including the unproven rookies) are going to be good enough. I'm not a fan of that.

I'd rather bring in the Will Fuller, or T.Y. Hilton, or Cole Beasley and tell the younger or unproven guys to prove they should start instead of the more proven player.
Well, I don't assume he's going to be anything. I just remember Miles Austin all too well, maybe. How he didn't do much for 3+ years then he showed up when his number was finally called. Plus, Noah is still pretty young for as long as he's been around. I'm really just trying to make sense of them not signing a guy after Washington went down, and before that, really.

plasticman

Reaction score
He'll be ready for the role they give him. He'll get one or two catches a game. His real value will come in the running game, he can block well for a WR.

And the Cowboys will be running early and often at the beginning of the season.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I'm starting to think the FO/staff has some faith in Noah Brown to be a starter. He's been here six years but he's still only 26 and has shown some ability as a receiver and blocker. He's trimmed down and looks good in camp.

You never know... He might be just as good as Will Fuller, and more reliable. I hope so. Brown has been one of my pet cats every year.

It appears the chemistry between Rush and Noah is a big factor. You can tell they have practiced a lot together and Rush has confidence in him. He looked really good out there.

rambo2

Reaction score
It appears the chemistry between Rush and Noah is a big factor. You can tell they have practiced a lot together and Rush has confidence in him. He looked really good out there.
He had 5 catches in game 1 also.

rambo2

Reaction score
I'm sure you are a great guy and all, but you should immediately be benched for no less than thirty (30) days for this ridiculous thought.

Maybe it is you that should be benched with your ridiculous thoughts about N. Brown and the team.

rambo2

Reaction score
5 years....50 games played....39 total catches....0 TD's is all I need to know....not to mention zero bring me off the sofa "wow" plays made, This all tells me that he must have some pretty damning pics of Booger and/or Chuckles.
Look who is ignorant now.

Pass2Run

Reaction score

Yep, Cee Dee was open on that TD pass. On another one, Brown was on a medium route and Fehoko took the top off deep. But Rush hit Brown on the intermediate route and for the TD, and Brown came through on both.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

JERRY will kick him back to the bench as soon as gallup is able to play.
Same for rush soon as dak is ready lol.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
JERRY will kick him back to the bench as soon as gallup is able to play.
Same for rush soon as dak is ready lol.

Why? Gallup, CD and Brown are an okay group, until Washington gets back. Tolbert, Simi and the others have not flashed. They refuse to insert the fastest guy on the field except for those terrible end rounds.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Why? Gallup, CD and Brown are an okay group, until Washington gets back. Tolbert, Simi and the others have not flashed. They refuse to insert the fastest guy on the field except for those terrible end rounds.
your right, I forgot they didnt have anyone else lol.
So he may stay in lineup, wr or slot who knows.
But jerry doesnt like 6th round pick, but hey he had a good game this time, so maybe they like him now?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He isnt even really on the roster for his ability as a WR. If they looked at him in terms of WR ability, he'd have been gone after his rookie contract was up. He is here pretty much for ST. Him breaking out as a WR is pretty unrealistic, no matter what kind of camp reports you see
Here for my crow