What if Romo called Jerry

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The legend of Romo is better than Romo ever was. It's funny to hear some fans talk about the guy like he could do no wrong. :muttley:

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would absolutely love it. For the simple fact that we would be back in the running!

I would love it even more if Romo came back, was able to stay healthy, and led us on a deep run. Would shut so many people up. And it would expose Dak for the C- QB he is.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And said, I'm healthy and ready to come back for one more try at a ring for me and Witten?
Don't hate, just asking. Dak back to backup and learn from Tony. Not gonna happen, but it sure would be interesting.
Jerry Jones: Really Tony? You would come back?
Tony Romo: Syke! Just messing with you boss. I said I was ready to return in 2016 and you told me hell no. I would play with Washington before coming back to Dallas. It’s all good. Do not cut me out of the will.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe he’s finally accepted that his body can’t take the abuse anymore plus he’s out of battle shape now.
Yep. Romo accepted his body could not take any more punishment AFTER he was allowed a swan song procession drive against the Eagles AFTER he said he wanted his old job back AFTER getting his medical clearance to return to the active roster of the only team it is highly likely he ever wanted to play for. Yep. Seems right.

phildadon86

Reaction score
U really went back 10 days to quote a post of mine? Stop stalkin me fam
No I just went thru this thread for the first time, and go figure one of your posts caught my attention. I was one of Dez's biggest supporters here for a long time, and you can ask @xwalker how many times I have argued. But to sit there and say Dak is why Dez had a down year and Romo would solve the problem is laughable. Dez missed more catches that were catchable than he ever has this season. Sure Dak missed him a lot too, but come on dude

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
No I just went thru this thread for the first time, and go figure one of your posts caught my attention. I was one of Dez's biggest supporters here for a long time, and you can ask @xwalker how many times I have argued. But to sit there and say Dak is why Dez had a down year and Romo would solve the problem is laughable. Dez missed more catches that were catchable than he ever has this season. Sure Dak missed him a lot too, but come on dude
Dez had a bad season, but when a receiver only gets 50% of catchable balls his way, its hard for me to lay a majority of the blame on him. In addition, Dez had about 12 dropped balls on over 130 targets. The drops arent as big of a deal as people on this site are making it. The QB needs to be more accurate, period.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dez had a bad season, but when a receiver only gets 50% of catchable balls his way, its hard for me to lay a majority of the blame on him. In addition, Dez had about 12 dropped balls on over 130 targets. The drops arent as big of a deal as people on this site are making it. The QB needs to be more accurate, period.
Oh I agree. But even 12 drops, for a guy like fez that’s bad. Not to mention they weren’t little drops they were at critical times. Probably messed with daks confidence in dez a little

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Why would Romo call JJ when in the offseason he will probably get a call from the Jags asking him to go there? They have a SB quality D and if they can win 10 games with Bortles imagine what they could do with Romo. I don't think he comes out of retirement but if he does it won't be to play with the Cowboys

zerofill

Reaction score
With him being so successful as a broadcaster... I think his contract with CBS will be bigger then at QB.