What if the Cowboys announced they do not care about playoff wins?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not being sarcastic. Jerry would have to allow a GM to run things differently. GMs spend the owner's money. If the owner doesn't want a change in philosophy, a new GM changes little. You see it in baseball.
Bold> This is correct. Any true change would reflect a divergence from past procedural philosophy. Football management is not any different from any other form of management within any type of business. Businesses hire and fire managers based upon managers' vision for growth and improvement a.k.a. anticipated or unrealized results. Jerry Jones is not and will never be an exception of this common reality.

kskboys

Reaction score
I’m not obligated to debate you. Sorry. I don’t waste my energy on the likes of you. Sorry.
Yup, turn to personal insults when you lose, at least now I know how sad the likes of you are.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What if a 2 foot tall pink Elephant with wings flew through your window and asked your permission to marry your Yorkshire Terrier, and said they planned on starting a family right away ...?

Mr_437

Reaction score
This is reality or they'd do a lot more work and less vacations during FA.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Yup, turn to personal insults when you lose, at least now I know how sad the likes of you are.
I’m sorry? Where did I insult you? Also I’m not competing with you so I can’t exactly lose here. Sorry you’re so sensitive lol. Sorry.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I know this would never happen, but let’s pretend that during a news conference-Jerry and Stephen announce they do not care if they win a single other playoff game if they were guaranteed to be in the playoffs each season.

What would your reaction be to that statement?
Would your interest in the team change at all? Would you still spend money on the team? Throw rotten tomatoes/onions/feces at Jerry and Stephen if given the chance?

Happy Birthday Murica! And I’m sorry if my initial thread upset anyone’s sensibilities so early in the morning.
Basically that's already going to be decided by the Dak contract. If they sign him they don't care. If they let him walk they are fed up with his choking.

kskboys

Reaction score
I’m sorry? Where did I insult you? Also I’m not competing with you so I can’t exactly lose here. Sorry you’re so sensitive lol. Sorry.
And there it is again, cheap insults, then pretend you didn't. Once again, just sad.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Every team has draft choices they regret. All Gms. Even the “semi-competent” ones. Sorry.
Every team doesn't routinely squander their second round draft pick like we do.
Our second round draft pick is like Jerry's gambling fix.
We're just so consistent at drafting injured players head cases almost an art form.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
I would actually respect Daddy and Cap Boy for actually telling the truth that we already know. Let's not discount "hanging around the rim"!!! Ratings, money, and then if we can win on top of that, great, but if not, no biggie. Jerry has already told you that he doesn't care about playoff wins.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
If the Cowboys only cared about money, how is it financially better to not be relevant in the post season?

bigE79

Reaction score
I know this would never happen, but let’s pretend that during a news conference-Jerry and Stephen announce they do not care if they win a single other playoff game if they were guaranteed to be in the playoffs each season.

What would your reaction be to that statement?
Would your interest in the team change at all? Would you still spend money on the team? Throw rotten tomatoes/onions/feces at Jerry and Stephen if given the chance?

Happy Birthday Murica! And I’m sorry if my initial thread upset anyone’s sensibilities so early in the morning.
They already announced they don't care going by what they didn't do to improve the team this year.

kskboys

Reaction score
What if a 2 foot tall pink Elephant with wings flew through your window and asked your permission to marry your Yorkshire Terrier, and said they planned on starting a family right away ...?
Well, he wasn't pink, does that still count?

kskboys

Reaction score
If the Cowboys only cared about money, how is it financially better to not be relevant in the post season?
Because to build a postseason contender, a team must get worse to get better. Jerry refuses to get worse, and then when picking players he refuses to address the key positions that all too often indicate postseason success, DT and S.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Because to build a postseason contender, a team must get worse to get better. Jerry refuses to get worse, and then when picking players he refuses to address the key positions that all too often indicate postseason success, DT and S.
I hate Jerry as much as the next guy, but this is too deep of a theory IMO. Not for nothing, they did draft a DT as their first pick last year, he just stunk.

kskboys

Reaction score
I hate Jerry as much as the next guy, but this is too deep of a theory IMO. Not for nothing, they did draft a DT as their first pick last year, he just stunk.
One example? Well, that's too shallow of a theory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!