What if the Cowboys easily dispatch the WFT?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am not confident at all in this team right now beating anyone. I would not be surprised if we blow them out or lose because of just how up and down this team can be.

However, regardless of the outcome of this game, if we make the playoffs then that's when it gets real, because I, right now, do not trust this team and it's players (besides Parsons) to show up 4 games in a row against playoff caliber teams,.

This!!!!!!

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
That's not the question at hand. Please stop trying to change the thread topic. If you don't want to play along then stay out of the thread.
I'm not trying to change nothing, I'm being objective, because we don't know what level Dak is going to play at

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not trying to change nothing, I'm being objective, because we don't know what level Dak is going to play at
I'm not asking you to know which level Dak is going to play. I'm asking you to assume Dak is going to be the guy that beat the Patriots.

uvaballa

Reaction score
That’s the truth. I’m excited for this game but we should beat them. They’re not very good.

Dallas needs to set their goals a lot higher than beating a team struggling to stay above .500.
With division games you have to throw out records. I think the Cowboys will win but it probably won’t be easy.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
With division games you have to throw out records. I think the Cowboys will win but it probably won’t be easy.

I haven’t thrown the records out 1 time yet this year with these teams and in the past when we are reasonably healthy their familiarity with us doesn’t help them.

I do not respect anyone in our division.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
we are much more talented so we should if our lines and QB play well
That's the truth. Inconsistency has shot this Cowboys team in the leg. They can beat any team in the league but we have an inconsistent O-line and QB.

Creeper

Reaction score
If the Cowboys win Sunday, this division race is still not over. The Cowboys need to go beat the Giants and the WFT again. If they beat Washington then lose to the Giants no one will be happy.

The Eagles can still win 10 games. They have a bye, then play Washington, Giants, Washington and Dallas.

After Washington plays Dallas they go to Philly to play the Eagles. The Cowboys go on the road to play the Giants for their 3rd straight road game (horrible scheduling by the NFL. No team should get 3 road games or 3 homes games in a row, ever.

btw, here is a quote from WFT HC Ron Rivera: "The running game, we cannot allow it to get started," Rivera said. "When they have that 50-50 option of what they're going to do, now you play a little hesitant. Shut the run game down early and make them one dimensional, it allows us to get after the passer."

He also said they need to be physical with the Cowboys WRs. This is the game plan teams have been using against Dallas since the Denver game. Stuff the run, play tight coverage on the WRs and make Dak find an open receiver while under pressure. Early in the year Dak was burning teams for playing this defense. Now he is failing to see the field and find the open guy. He is rushing his throws and throwing off his back foot. The future of the Cowboys team is dependent on Dak now. He is making $40 million a year to win games when defenses challenge him.

ultron

Reaction score
We’re going to beat the living crap out of them

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This team, with all the talent that is now available on the roster, will dominate every opponent put in front of it. No more losses! Sweep the next five games and then let the playoffs begin! We should fear no one. Teams fear "Dem Boyz!" Super Bowl, here we come. :flagwave:

blueblood70

Reaction score
...the Cowboys easily dispatch the WFT and all this worry and concern was over nothing? :eek:
fans here will use an excuse that WFT was missing something or the refs blew it..its what most do, grip if we lose, gripe if we win ugly, and make excuses saying see they sucked it dont count , you beat nobody..

yet many here see wft asd threat and aaty we might or could lose easily..odd right full on catch 22 from our OWN FANS..better give the excuses or breaks they make for other teams. Goal posts get moved every week.

if we bolw them out most here will say meh we were supposed to..Lmao they also will loo at all phases complain about something and be worried movign forwad then wilkl mofve to the eagles being the next thrat

outdoor ugly weather will ugly this game up..fans wont accept a close ugly win.

if we beat the bills in the same fashion NE did the fans would say dak sux i mean 3 passes all game! something must be wrong why pay a 40mil qb to hand it off..seriously they would complain about the lack of scoring. Boring vanilla offense to win by 4...

fickle fans will never be happy..

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
...the Cowboys easily dispatch the WFT and all this worry and concern was over nothing? :eek:
Well you could say "what if we won that superbowl and all this worry and concern was over nothing?".

All of this worrying comes down to the Cowboys latest performances. So I think until they get that "statement game" and show us that the 6-1 times are back, these doubts will stay.

But immediately after the Cowboys have secured the division the same people will start worrying about the first play off game, no matter who we will play.

I say let's do one step at a time. Before I even start thinking about play off success I want to see a dominating win over WFT and any win vs Arizona. One or two "losses by accident" won't matter in that scenario, so then we'll be ready to crap our pants over any possible playoff opponent. :D

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then they will have beaten a team on a roll in their stadium in a rivalry game and that's not too shabby at all. Reason to feel better about where this season is headed.

They are a dangerous team because they believe in themselves, their QB and coaching.

I believe a healthy Cowboys team is better than the WFT but not a blowout better. But they should beat them.

I have seen little recently to lead me to believe the Cowboys are as good as AZ, GB or TB and it's a tossup with LAR.

Every bit of optimism about this team is based on two unknowns, One is that they will return to that offense and team that went on a 6 game run and the other is that getting to the full starting defense will make this team a contender.

I am guardedly optimistic that the Cowboys will take care of bidness in D.C and NY, go 3-0 on this road trip and pretty much sew up the East. But I've seen fire and I've seen rain and don't know which I am going to see again.

droopdog7

Reaction score
The short answer is, yes. Football teams go through slumps just like baseball teams. At this point we don't know if we're in one or if we actually suck. Beating a division team soundly suggest that we were in a slump.

Aulac

Reaction score

I mean they should, we have far superior talent... Like are we really going to praise the Cowboys for beating teams that they are suppose to beat?