What if the Cowboys easily dispatch the WFT?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If the Cowboys win Sunday, this division race is still not over. The Cowboys need to go beat the Giants and the WFT again. If they beat Washington then lose to the Giants no one will be happy.

The Eagles can still win 10 games. They have a bye, then play Washington, Giants, Washington and Dallas.

After Washington plays Dallas they go to Philly to play the Eagles. The Cowboys go on the road to play the Giants for their 3rd straight road game (horrible scheduling by the NFL. No team should get 3 road games or 3 homes games in a row, ever.

Nah, Cowboys win and its all over. They would have a 3 game lead with a W & should own the tiebreaker as they are currently undefeated within the division. Only 4 games left to play after this week, it wouldnt even be a conversation.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The short answer is, yes. Football teams go through slumps just like baseball teams. At this point we don't know if we're in one or if we actually suck. Beating a division team soundly suggest that we were in a slump.
The current trend for the Cowboys in divisional games is we win by putting a 40 burger on our opponent. The Cowboys don't suck. They were in a slump partially due to injury but are now emerging back to their 6-1 form. The WFT is a good team that can beat good teams so the Cowboys have to be better than just good, which thank goodness they are. Sunday's meeting between these two teams will be an education in teams being who they really are. The Cowboys being who they really are, will continue their treatment of divisional foes... did someone order a 40 burger? ;)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If they lose i will admit i was wrong.

However i cant shake the fear we lose. WFT is a good team
You're not alone. Many Cowboys fans have been tormented by the team's inconsistent performance. But a closer analysis reveals the reasons for that inconsistent performance... for the most part it comes down to injuries. The good news is we are getting our guys back. This coming game against the WFT, we should be at our strongest since week 1 and well-rested. So I ask you and any Cowboys fan reading this to be brave. have faith and know the excuses are gone. We are either that team that rattled off 6 straight wins against some good opponents or we are still that team in a quarter-century slump. I think this team is special. I think they will win out the regular season. I think they will at least get to the NFCC game. It's now a war of attrition and the Cowboys just keep getting better.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I mean they should, we have far superior talent... Like are we really going to praise the Cowboys for beating teams that they are suppose to beat?
Yes, we are going to praise the Cowboys after every victory.

Aulac

Reaction score
Yes, we are going to praise the Cowboys after every victory.

I see... Didn't see Rams fans praising the Rams after beating the lowly Jaguars. Why are our expectation for this team so low?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I see... Didn't see Rams fans praising the Rams after beating the lowly Jaguars. Why are our expectation for this team so low?
It's the result of being in a 25-year-old slump. Never take a victory for granted.

dckid

Reaction score
That last point went over my head. I'm sorry.
@JoeKing , I know we have had our disagreements in the past... I actually cant even remember what they were about.. Maybe Romo related... Anyhow.
What I was trying to say is success for this team is not winning the SB. I would be satisfied if we make the NFC championship game. I need to win a divisional playoff game.
January 7th, 1996 Cowboy 30 , Eagles 11 is the last time that happened. What was everyone doing in 1996? I was in my very early college life.
Lycos, alta vista, dial up days, early AOL, Netzero. It is shameful to even call this organization Americas team anymore. Now I ran on how bad Jerry Jones is.
Jerry doesn't care about SB's like you, I or the common fan does. In the NFC only two other organizations have not made a NFC championship game, the Lions and WFT. In what situation would you ever want to be in the same sentence as the Lions.
From a popularity perspective, its all Dallas all the time, I recently heard a tv guy (on a interview), we would have the number 1 sports broadcast if all we talked about was the Cowboys. Jerry has a cash cow, and he realized as long as I am competitive, 8-8 is Nirvana for Jerry. There is no excuse for the mediocrity over the years... Having said all the Jerry stuff, I think Jerry is taking a step in the right direction, with reconciling with Jimmy. Jimmy getting into the HOF and him getting the absolute credit he deserves is probably what it will take to break this curse.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
@JoeKing , I know we have had our disagreements in the past... I actually cant even remember what they were about.. Maybe Romo related... Anyhow.
What I was trying to say is success for this team is not winning the SB. I would be satisfied if we make the NFC championship game. I need to win a divisional playoff game.
January 7th, 1996 Cowboy 30 , Eagles 11 is the last time that happened. What was everyone doing in 1996? I was in my very early college life.
Lycos, alta vista, dial up days, early AOL, Netzero. It is shameful to even call this organization Americas team anymore. Now I ran on how bad Jerry Jones is.
Jerry doesn't care about SB's like you, I or the common fan does. In the NFC only two other organizations have not made a NFC championship game, the Lions and WFT. In what situation would you ever want to be in the same sentence as the Lions.
From a popularity perspective, its all Dallas all the time, I recently heard a tv guy (on a interview), we would have the number 1 sports broadcast if all we talked about was the Cowboys. Jerry has a cash cow, and he realized as long as I am competitive, 8-8 is Nirvana for Jerry. There is no excuse for the mediocrity over the years... Having said all the Jerry stuff, I think Jerry is taking a step in the right direction, with reconciling with Jimmy. Jimmy getting into the HOF and him getting the absolute credit he deserves is probably what it will take to break this curse.
I say this will all seriousness... my belief is Jerry made a deal with the devil to win those 3 Super Bowls in the '90s. That deal had a 25-year-old expiration date. I think the curse is over.

As for our disagreements in the past, they aren't worth remembering or holding a grudge. You're okay in my book, solid poster.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
...the Cowboys easily dispatch the WFT and all this worry and concern was over nothing? :eek:

Even if we thrash them we still have four games left. It’s not like a win on Sunday wraps up the division. We still have to play them again.

dckid

Reaction score
I say this will all seriousness... my belief is Jerry made a deal with the devil to win those 3 Super Bowls in the '90s. That deal had a 25-year-old expiration date. I think the curse is over.

As for our disagreements in the past, they aren't worth remembering or holding a grudge. You're okay in my book, solid poster.
Lol, well said about the deal for Jerry. But the real deal was him lucking into Jimmy Johnson. Yes I know they played together. But man just looking back to those years constantly has me in awe. Him coming in and totally flushing out the loser attitude from the 80''s the catch, all the legacy way of thinking. The rest of the NFC east was just ahead of us other than the Cardinals. Skins had Gibbs, the Giants had Parcells, Eagles had Buddy. He took his lumps for a year and half but he had a play on how to build a winner, yes he got lucky as all great ones do. The hardest working one's seem to always get lucky.. From him coaching speed on defense, having two sets of lineman, getting Haley, getting Novacek, getting Thomas Everett. Drafting out of his mind from the jump so I will not call that luck as much as others will. Throwing from the endzone, going for it on 4th down, choosing to pass in the 92 championship game when 99% of the coaches in today's NFL would to this day run the ball and try to win the game by running the clock down!!!! That one pass from Aikman to Harper just epitomized the Jimmy Johnson teams. Confidence, belief, success is a flywheel that leads to the same going forward. I sincerely believe we win 4 straight SB's if he doesnt leave. I also think he let guys like Irvin, Lett do their thing with the Cowboys white house. Well enough of the flash from the past. All this innovation we talk about these days, Jimmy was pushing in the early 90's.... Long winded way of saying Jerry literally hit the jackpot with that early success and that is what made him a HOF'r, since he purchased the cowboys for 190 million, they are now worth 6 billion plus. He still has more SB rings as an owner (3) than Robert Kraft
NE- 7
Packers -2
Denver- 3 -The Bowlen family has the same since 1989
Pittsburg- 2
Giants- 2
Ravens-2

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Lol, well said about the deal for Jerry. But the real deal was him lucking into Jimmy Johnson. Yes I know they played together. But man just looking back to those years constantly has me in awe. Him coming in and totally flushing out the loser attitude from the 80''s the catch, all the legacy way of thinking. The rest of the NFC east was just ahead of us other than the Cardinals. Skins had Gibbs, the Giants had Parcells, Eagles had Buddy. He took his lumps for a year and half but he had a play on how to build a winner, yes he got lucky as all great ones do. The hardest working one's seem to always get lucky.. From him coaching speed on defense, having two sets of lineman, getting Haley, getting Novacek, getting Thomas Everett. Drafting out of his mind from the jump so I will not call that luck as much as others will. Throwing from the endzone, going for it on 4th down, choosing to pass in the 92 championship game when 99% of the coaches in today's NFL would to this day run the ball and try to win the game by running the clock down!!!! That one pass from Aikman to Harper just epitomized the Jimmy Johnson teams. Confidence, belief, success is a flywheel that leads to the same going forward. I sincerely believe we win 4 straight SB's if he doesnt leave. I also think he let guys like Irvin, Lett do their thing with the Cowboys white house. Well enough of the flash from the past. All this innovation we talk about these days, Jimmy was pushing in the early 90's.... Long winded way of saying Jerry literally hit the jackpot with that early success and that is what made him a HOF'r, since he purchased the cowboys for 190 million, they are now worth 6 billion plus. He still has more SB rings as an owner (3) than Robert Kraft
NE- 7
Packers -2
Denver- 3 -The Bowlen family has the same since 1989
Pittsburg- 2
Giants- 2
Ravens-2
The Cowboys had a great deal going for them in the '90s, as if by divine intervention. ;)

dckid

Reaction score
The Cowboys had a great deal going for them in the '90s, as if by divine intervention. ;)
See man, I could say the same thing for the niners of the 80's, Steelers of the 70's and the Pats for the past 20 years.. Even Cowboys of the 70's.
It was less luck and more making it happen by the tour de force of Jimmy, just lapping the league. I almost feel like you are not giving my guy enough credit.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i hope they do.
those dangskins embarassed us on thanksgiving last year.
we owe'm some.
its our turn.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
See man, I could say the same thing for the niners of the 80's, Steelers of the 70's and the Pats for the past 20 years.. Even Cowboys of the 70's.
It was less luck and more making it happen by the tour de force of Jimmy, just lapping the league. I almost feel like you are not giving my guy enough credit.
Au contraire mon frere... I think Jimmy was the little devil holding up his end of the deal. ;)

dckid

Reaction score
Au contraire mon frere... I think Jimmy was the little devil holding up his end of the deal. ;)
All this talk of deals with the devil is what throws me.
I really believed in that team starting 1990. 7-9 never felt so good, the jump to 11-5 was amazing.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
...the Cowboys easily dispatch the WFT and all this worry and concern was over nothing? :eek:

What if we get 4 major injuries while we dispatch them? Then the win wont really matter will it?