What If the Cowboys moved?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Who else would I root for exactly?

A bigger question is if I moved, would I still root for the Cowboys? My main motivation for rooting for the Cowboys is 1) because I was indoctrinated to do so, 2) because you get more intense coverage of the local team living in the team's area (especially pre-Internet) and 3) because if I want to go to the game, and I do love going to the games, these are the games I can go to easily.
If I relocated to say, Jacksonville, I am not 100% sure why I wouldn't become a Jaguars fan (well, besides the obvious horrible quality). At some point I am going to want to go and root for the home team. At some point even the players that I currently like on the team will retire, and the team will just be a bunch of guys on an another team I have no attachment to. Sitting in Jacksonville watching one Cowboys game every 8 years and saying I'm a Cowboys fan is going to seem hollow to me. I don't love Jerry that much.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
To me, the Cowboys will always be America's Team. No matter where they play.

While I would feel bad for all you great folks down in Texas that bleed silver and blue, I would remain a diehard fan.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Speaking of moving teams how bout this for the AFC?
It will never happen...yes I know.

Miami to the South....just like Tampa Bay and Jacksonville are nuff said.
Baltimore to the East...Baltimore used to be in the east so just put them back.
Indianapolis to the North...Indianapolis is more north than Cincinnati so it works.
NFC and AFC West looks good to me. Dallas is like cemented in the NFC East for all eternity.

East
New England
New York
Buffalo
Baltimore

West
Denver
Kansas City
San Diego
Oakland

North
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Indianapolis

South
Houston
Tennessee
Jacksonville
Miami

:)
Ive always wondered why we are in the East considering we are literally located almost as south as can be in the US.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Jerry should threaten to move, may actually make Goodell think twice about his referees calls during our games......:muttley::grin:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I don't live in Texas, so I couldn't care less. They could be the Walla Walla Cowboys and they'd still be my team.
I'm right there with you bro. It's all about that blue star wherever it goes. I'm rolling with them wherever they go... Just call me Remora Star.

12534339_186326251729578_1489405538_n.jpg

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Well the Cowboys lost a Heartbreaker last week. We are all trying to get over the loss and look forward. I am very hopeful of what the future brings.

Speaking of the future, I had hypothetical question: Would you still follow the Cowboys if they moved to a different state? I ask because my Charger fan cousin just had his heart ripped out. He won't cheer for a team associated with L.A.

It's never going to happen. 110 percent not possible. Curious more than anything else.
I used to be a fan of the Oilers too and I have never liked the Titans. If they were still the Oilers with same uniforms...who knows though. Very hard to picture Cowboys moving since they're so iconic. So are Raiders I guess...

haleyrules

Reaction score
Well l would support Jerry moving...far away..maybe....another Solar System. I am sure he would fit right in!

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I used to be a fan of the Oilers too and I have never liked the Titans. If they were still the Oilers with same uniforms...who knows though. Very hard to picture Cowboys moving since they're so iconic. So are Raiders I guess...
For a small time in the late 70's and early 80's I rooted for the Oilers as well in the AFC because of Earl Campbell and Bum Phillips. Never really followed them after they left.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
The Cowboys are the least likely team in the entire league to move. Jerry has a great deal with his stadium, which is one reason the Cowboys are the most valuable sports franchise in the world.

negativecreep

Reaction score
Well the Cowboys lost a Heartbreaker last week. We are all trying to get over the loss and look forward. I am very hopeful of what the future brings.

Speaking of the future, I had hypothetical question: Would you still follow the Cowboys if they moved to a different state? I ask because my Charger fan cousin just had his heart ripped out. He won't cheer for a team associated with L.A.

It's never going to happen. 110 percent not possible. Curious more than anything else.
My best friend is a giant Chargers fan, he took it hard, but he's sticking with them, but if JJ pulled something like that(he won't), I don't know the constant disappointments..I LOVE the Cowboys, it would be strange and I can't say yay or nay unti we cross that bridge.