What if this team wins it all and you were too busy being Debbie Downer to enjoy it till the very end?

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I am curious Ronnie, (and others). How do you "enjoy" the ride? How does this "enjoyment" manifest itself? Do you skip instead of walk? Are you constantly singing happy songs as you go through your day? Do you spontaneously break into dance throughout the day?

Some of you guys are flat out nuts with the way you let both sports, and other sports fans affect your mood/attitude.

Hell of a virtue signaling thread, though. This will clear up who are the real fans, vs the unreal fans. lol
Personally, I fart rainbows. Maybe that’s just me.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Meh people can fan how they want to fan...to me every season is diferent, if i got caught up in the 28 years thing it would ruin my enjoyment...some dont see it that way..again meh..Im with you Ronnie in the fact i will get excited about every season no matter what happened the prior season..

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I've always thought this. I feel bad for people that can't enjoy a season in its entirety because one day Dallas will break through and win it all, but they will wake up the next morning and realize all they did was think their team wasn't any good all year. While they could have been enjoying the season and the build up to the big game, they were mindlessly negative.

I think most people do this as a form of emotional defense. You can't be sad or disappointed about something not happening if you convinced yourself there was no chance of it happening in the first place. I think this is no way to live life in general, but it is a frame of mind I think many on this board have.

It really is not that hard to be excited and hopeful about something, but not let it absolutely tear you up if your expectations aren't met, especially when the thing in question is as trivial as sports team.

I think that is a pretty lame way to spend a season watching your team. We only get so many trips around the sun, so personally I am going to try and enjoy every Cowboys season to the fullest.
:clap:

Hardline

Reaction score
I just enjoyed a Texas Rangers season ending in a World Series.
I will do the same for the Cowboys.
But I also know that there is a 9 out of 10 chance they get beat in the playoffs.
I have low expectations because this team hasn't done squat in the playoffs for 27 years.

TheCritic

Reaction score
We see a lot of posts from people spouting the curmudgeonly doctrine that "it doesn't count until the playoffs." That got me to thinking.. Are those people not able to enjoy what this team is doing right now? I would totally hate for this team to end up hoisting the Lombardi and all I could remember about how they got there was how miserable I was waiting for it to happen.

Am I wrong guys?
You're not wrong, but a 28 year SB drought will do that to a demoralized fanbase. LOL it could be worse. At least we aren't the Commodes who got so bad that they had to change their name and get rid of their owner.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Or, if somehow one of the lower seeds miraculously makes it and we beat them lol
That's so true. You get a couple wild card teams like LA & Green Bay to get hot in the playoffs then it's right back to who did they beat? Or they still havent beaten SF lol

Steve007

Reaction score
We see a lot of posts from people spouting the curmudgeonly doctrine that "it doesn't count until the playoffs." That got me to thinking.. Are those people not able to enjoy what this team is doing right now? I would totally hate for this team to end up hoisting the Lombardi and all I could remember about how they got there was how miserable I was waiting for it to happen.

Am I wrong guys?
If this team gets to the superbowl cowboy fans will root for them to win. I want them to win. We have seen this team in the last few years play well during the season and choke in the playoffs. I enjoyed the beat down they gave the eagles. So far they are playing great but lets see if they can continue in the playoffs.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Eagles still have to go into Seattle and win against a team that put 35 on our defense just two weeks ago. They also have to play suddenly hot (3-game win streak) Giants twice.

The Niners have a tough game against the Ravens, and ascending division rival Rams.

Of course, everyone knows who Dallas has to play over the next 4 games. 23.5% of the season remains to be played. Injuries, upsets, who knows what will happen. Who saw the 1-5 Broncos after week 6 being only one game back of the Super Bowl defending Chiefs going into this week?

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Why does that matter? The world is full of differences and especially differences of opinion. What baffles me is why someone disagreeing with our opinion of our favorite team is upsetting.

Another wish I have: Tell people why you disagree with their opinion and wait for it….let it go. Why do so many on an opinion forum have to agree with each of our opinions or we then become so offended we insult them, call them out, imply that they aren’t “real fans”, etc.?

One of the most powerful statements on this forum can be, “We will just have to agree to disagree.” And someone disagreeing with us doesn’t in and of itself make them a hater, a loser, or whatever dis we want to throw at them.

Sometimes it is just this simple: We disagree.
I didn't say it mattered, Bob, because ultimately, NONE of this really matters. It's just football.

I don't care, myself, it's the Internet...so when I get tired, I shut ALL of you out of my life. You're all optional, and not necessary to my sanity or well-being.

:flagwave:

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
there will be those who will not give credit to Dak. they will say it was the defense. or anyone could have done it. or it was a simplified offense because Dak can't run anything sophisticated. they would say it was the WRs, the TE, the opposing team choking. they will take a few plays of missed passes from this game and
take a few plays of missed passes from that game (because we all know this was happening in several games to say why Dak sucks and he can't read a defense because he missed a WR or a pass was slightly low or slightly high.they will not be enjoying if that happens. they will be misreable inside. for them its Bash Dak Over Dallas is all that matters.
Fixed it for you. But to be fair, I am seeing improvement. I don't see all the interceptions that I saw last year. I mean of course he's going to have one here or there but I've noticed the frequency had gotten significantly low.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Am I wrong guys?
Why would you make such an assumpion? No reason, really. Just something to nag at others?

I think you are wrong. I think almost everyone is having fun right now. Some arent prepared to call the super bowl just yet, maybe rightly so given all these years.

It can be both, dont you think?

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Why would you make such an assumpion? No reason, really. Just something to nag at others?

I think you are wrong. I think almost everyone is having fun right now. Some arent prepared to call the super bowl just yet, maybe rightly so given all these years.

It can be both, dont you think?
It would be foolish to call for the Super Bowl with how well the Niners are playing right now.

On the other hand, can you send me a early copy of the parade route?