What if you get your wish (Garrett)

MojaveJT

Reaction score
I don’t know who but ideally someone younger and has some cajones. Kind of like a Sean McVay type that has turned the Rams around and started designing plays from this century.

Fisher’s tenure there is reminding me a lot of Garrett’s time here.

Big_D

Reaction score
Lol...Gruden will be a train wreck. The man was traded, won with Dungy's guys, and did nothing since

LOL yet Dungy won nothing in TB and if Gruden hasn't done anything, that must mean Garrett really hasn't done anything?? Funny, you rip a Super Bowl winner and defend the guy who looks completely lost on a regular basis.

fredp22

Reaction score
McClay
Hes built and knows this team. He gets along with Jerry. GM position isnt opening for this team-this is the next best job for him. We try to just keep him in personnel he'll get restless soon and teams have already tested the waters for his services

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I'm interested in hearing from the Garrett fans what the realistic solution is for Garrett to be able to produce some playoff success and when we can reasonably expect that to occur before he should be held accountable.

I would also very much want to hear THIS^

:clap:

Verdict

Reaction score
What is your problem with Campbell? He is thought of pretty highly got some interviews and was a finalist for I think the Titans job. I think he did a pretty good job as interim HC in Miami.

I don't really have a problem with him, which is why I said maybe.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Reality is that Garrett would have to post 3 years of losing records for Jerry to fire him. Garrett is so connected to Jerry Jones it is pretty much not going to happen while Jerry and Stephen are at the Head of the Dallas Cowboys organization.

Here are some reasons why you are going to be stuck with Garrett for a long long long time:

1. Jerry Jones brought Jason Garrett to be his Tom Landry coach of the Dallas Cowboys.
2. Stephen Jones wanted Jason Garrett to be his Tom Landry coach of the Dallas Cowboys and when Jason Garrett won the last game as interim HC in Philly, Stephen Jones was shown applauding and happy in the press box.
3. Jones is a family business and the Garrett family is family. All of Jim Garretts sons are and have worked in the Dallas Cowboys organization. Jason Garrett's brother Judd is and executive in the Dallas Cowboys front office.
4. Garrett is the only Jimmy Johnson tie loyal to Jerry Jones. When Jerry Jones purged the personnel department (fired Bob Ackles, John Wooten, and Gil Brandt from 1989-1992) to irk Jimmy Johnson, he kept Jim Garrett who had been a scout for the Cowboys since 1987. However, when Tuna came in 2002 he wanted Sean Payton as OC and QB coach because Garrett had no experience at neither position. Because of this Jerry had to wait for the Tuna to leave and his staff contracts expired.
5. Jerry Jones hired Jason Garrett before hiring Son of a Bum as HC and required Philiips to give Garrett the Asst. HC OC position while being paid a higher salary than Phillips the Head Coach.
6. Garrett is a smart connected to the Owner (understands the owner is Head Coach), the Owner's Son and whoever is the Cowboys QB. Jason Garrett bonds with QBs being a former NFL QB. Therefore it is hard to fire a HC you like that is coaching a QB you like. Garrett and Romo were and still are tight. Garrett and Aikman are tight. Romo and the Jones were tight. Garrett and Prescott are tight. Prescott and Jones family are tight (see him QB coach Stephen Jones son). Aikman and Jimmy Johnson are tight. So through Jason Garrett, Jerry Jones can always bring the connection to Jimmy Johnson's Cowboys 90's decade team.
7. Garrett has only one losing season as Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys during his 7 year tenure. That fits Jerry Jones keep the Cowboys relevant motto.

So Jason Garrett will be fired by Jerry Jones grandson 15-20 years from now.

The Jones have no loyalty other than the dollar sign ... They have fired so many people who were thought to be 'extended family' ...

Believe that , they could and probably will fire Jason Garrett in a heart beat with absolutely no guilt or regret.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
I haven't thought of any other HC's because I don't see Garrett going anywhere. They would like for him to win but that is not his primary function.

But if I am wrong, it would take a HC with the combination of being able to suppress his ego and needing the job because he's on the beach or needs to break into the NFL.

We can talk about coaches that would not take the job but money talks and a 4 year 20M+ contract would get a lot of coach's ears. And with Booger's rep for meddling, the new HC wouldn't be held 100% accountable.

But what I don't get is this topic we keep discussing as if Garrett is going anywhere. Booger is happy. He has a HC that understands his needs, is part of the family and while the majority of posters here want him gone, I am not sure that is how the general fandom feels.

Linehan was kept as the sacrifice this season and Marinelli retires and everybody's favorite coach, except SEA, steps up and the young and the restless relax. I am not as sold on Richard as some are here because his own team rebuilding their secondary let him walk.

And lemme ask y'all a question. Other than the pc's, being the figurehead (as much as any HC could be) and carrying the little red flag, what the hell does he do? You get two top flight coordinators in there and maybe that solves our problem?
Garrett has taken the majority of criticism, that used to be directed towards Jerry. Mission accomplished by JJ.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
Lol...Gruden will be a train wreck. The man was traded, won with Dungy's guys, and did nothing since

Well if one wants to use that logic, Gruden then should get credit for building the Raiders team that Callahan took to the SB.

Sydla

Reaction score
He hadn't presented any solution, so it was change for change sake. So if you changing with no solution you're changing to stay the same. What sense does that make.

This logic is always a howler to me.

Because one doesn’t lay out a plan about who to hire, therefore, their opinion that Garrett probably needs to go is invalid.

It’s silly.

Mannix

Reaction score
You can write this in 3 inch high bold letters....if The Clapping Carrot gets fired, get ready for Jerry to dust off Mike Holmgren. And that is FACT.

Sully

Reaction score
What if some of you get your wish and Garrett is fired? Who do you want to realistically take his place?

Maybe the stars line up and The Hoodie decides to move on from New England without Brady. That would be best case but somewhat unlikely.

Lure Romo out of the booth? Something tells me that he is competitive enough that he might be tempted.

Richard? It's too early to tell at this point.

What is your "plan"?

Does not matter who the head coach is until Jerry Jones meets Al Davis.

Doomsay

Reaction score
He's already paying one.....just not getting a good return.
Any successful coordinator, college coach, or even a competent position coach would be a huge upgrade over this imposter. Somebody who actually believed in himself as a leader and took risks because he had conviction in his team and his philosophy.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Anyone but Garrett or any of his cronies on this staff. Linehan, Marinelli and throw in Kellen Moore. He is not even qualified to be a QB coach, much less a head coach.

I am curious how Richard is.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
DeFilippo is a guy to keep an eye on.

However, if we have to make a move after this season, it might be too early to jump on him.
Depends on how he does with the Vikings this season but some thought he was ready this past offseason.

cern

Reaction score
If and when the time comes, stephen and mcclay will discuss it. Hopefully someone offensive minded. A certain tv analyst comes to mind.

tm1119

Reaction score
Dan Cambell...started learning his craft as a player under Parcells, went to Miami for a few years where he got interim head coaching experience, and now has been with Sean Peyton as assistant head coach. Apparently a no nonsense guy who will build a football program.

Get away from the circus atmosphere with a big name hire and bring in a guy who can build a winning culture. The entire atmosphere of how the team runs needs to be changed if this season doesn’t work out in my opinion.