What if you get your wish (Garrett)

mrmojo

Reaction score
I'm sure there is a young pro assistant or college coach that could fill the position....this is what i would like.......but the question is WOULD they want to under Jerry. I just don't want to see any retreads like a Brian Billick, Mora or Morningwhig...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Depends who's available. Could Harbaugh shake loose from Mich? Is Richard good with all the little things behind the scenes we're nto seeing that would make him a top candidate for a HC job? Or maybe Lal? I don't think Sean Payton is as long a shot as some seem to think, when Brees is gone.

David Shaw seems to be a pretty good coach. I think the team was better under Harbaugh overall, though. If we're going to upgrade, I'd like to bring in a definite upgrade and the best one available. Though I think there's virtually zero chance Harbaugh would be able to play nice with Jerry for more than a year or two...

Big_D

Reaction score
I really don't care as long as this ridiculous project finally comes to an end. Then you take the interview process seriously and find a legitimate resume. Not some schmo who coached QBs for 2 years. Once Garrett is gone the cycle can go back to normal. If a coach sucks he gets 4 or 5 years, not 20.

Dre11

Reaction score
I really don't care as long as this ridiculous project finally comes to an end. Then you take the interview process seriously and find a legitimate resume. Not some schmo who coached QBs for 2 years. Once Garrett is gone the cycle can go back to normal. If a coach sucks he gets 4 or 5 years, not 20.

So change just for change sake is your move....lol glad you're not in charge.

Dre11

Reaction score
Just for the sake of change??? lol that's hilarious. It's change because this team falls apart every year.

Again ,just for the sake of change, what's your solution

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's not true at all. Many here feel Kris Richards fits the bill for our next defensive minded HC and he should be
allowed to pick his replacement and all the offensive coaches. I like the cut of his jib and I think he will strike fear
in the hearts of his players instead of the constant coddling that takes place today.
LMAO, you think that's the coaching? Remember Phillips asking to increase fines and being told no and some players had a "media pass"?

Big_D

Reaction score
Again ,just for the sake of change, what's your solution

I just told you. I been saying Gruden for 10 years while everyone claimed he would never go back to coaching. But believe me, there 's someone out there better than Garrett. Won't be difficult to find. Like I said find a legitimate resume. Somewhere in the NFL someone worked their way up the ranks and can do a better job than this clown.

Like if people don't actually name someone a better coach doesn't exist? lol

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Depends who's available. Could Harbaugh shake loose from Mich? Is Richard good with all the little things behind the scenes we're nto seeing that would make him a top candidate for a HC job? Or maybe Lal? I don't think Sean Payton is as long a shot as some seem to think, when Brees is gone.

David Shaw seems to be a pretty good coach. I think the team was better under Harbaugh overall, though. If we're going to upgrade, I'd like to bring in a definite upgrade and the best one available. Though I think there's virtually zero chance Harbaugh would be able to play nice with Jerry for more than a year or two...
Harbaugh left the NFL because of problems with the FO in SF.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I'm interested in hearing from the Garrett fans what the realistic solution is for Garrett to be able to produce some playoff success and when we can reasonably expect that to occur before he should be held accountable.

Sydla

Reaction score
Who was the last College coach to come in and win a Super Bowl in his first stint?

First stint in the NFL or first NFL coaching job? In other words, Carroll won a SB in his second stint in the NFL after leaving to coach college for a time.

Sydla

Reaction score
So change just for change sake is your move....lol glad you're not in charge.

It's very clear his point was that we've run this process for 7 full seasons. He's not saying change for change, he's saying change because this run hasn't resulted in any real success.

Last edited:

jsb357

Reaction score
Any coach that convinces ownership to hire a GM who's feet can be held
to the fire when the team fails to deliver consistent performance indicative
of a team capable winning a Super Bowl.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven't thought of any other HC's because I don't see Garrett going anywhere. They would like for him to win but that is not his primary function.

But if I am wrong, it would take a HC with the combination of being able to suppress his ego and needing the job because he's on the beach or needs to break into the NFL.

We can talk about coaches that would not take the job but money talks and a 4 year 20M+ contract would get a lot of coach's ears. And with Booger's rep for meddling, the new HC wouldn't be held 100% accountable.

But what I don't get is this topic we keep discussing as if Garrett is going anywhere. Booger is happy. He has a HC that understands his needs, is part of the family and while the majority of posters here want him gone, I am not sure that is how the general fandom feels.

Linehan was kept as the sacrifice this season and Marinelli retires and everybody's favorite coach, except SEA, steps up and the young and the restless relax. I am not as sold on Richard as some are here because his own team rebuilding their secondary let him walk.

And lemme ask y'all a question. Other than the pc's, being the figurehead (as much as any HC could be) and carrying the little red flag, what the hell does he do? You get two top flight coordinators in there and maybe that solves our problem?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just told you. I been saying Gruden for 10 years while everyone claimed he would never go back to coaching. But believe me, there 's someone out there better than Garrett. Won't be difficult to find. Like I said find a legitimate resume. Somewhere in the NFL someone worked their way up the ranks and can do a better job than this clown.

Like if people don't actually name someone a better coach doesn't exist? lol
I agree with that because Garrett has made too many mistakes and how many coaches with a decent amount of experience would have let that happen in ATL without doing something? He was totally unprepared.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
What if some of you get your wish and Garrett is fired? Who do you want to realistically take his place?

Maybe the stars line up and The Hoodie decides to move on from New England without Brady. That would be best case but somewhat unlikely.

Lure Romo out of the booth? Something tells me that he is competitive enough that he might be tempted.

Richard? It's too early to tell at this point.

What is your "plan"?
Jim Harbaugh

eromeopolk

Reaction score
What if some of you get your wish and Garrett is fired? Who do you want to realistically take his place?

Maybe the stars line up and The Hoodie decides to move on from New England without Brady. That would be best case but somewhat unlikely.

Lure Romo out of the booth? Something tells me that he is competitive enough that he might be tempted.
Richard? It's too early to tell at this point.

What is your "plan"?
Lovie Smith is the right coach for the job. He would keep both Richards and old man father time Marinelli. The Offense would be fine tuned with some changes. But with Lovie being in college football over the past 3-4 years his input for draft picks would be Jimmy Johnson like to compliment Will McClay.

He also would be a big benefit to this younger roster.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Lovie Smith also is from Texas, has been a 4-3, cover 2 defense all his coaching career, has a Super Bowl ring as DC, and took a team without a quarterback to the Super Bowl.