What if

MrPhil

Reaction score
Sure thing. Dice potatoes into cubes, not too small, then soak them in salted water, gallon ziplock bag in the fridge for a couple of hours. Not over night, just enough to get them softened. Spread them out on paper towels, let them drain a little. season them with Mrs Dash, Garlic, All Season and salt (just mix it all up in a bowl). Throw them on a cookie sheet for maybe 40 minutes, make sure you use baking paper or grease cookie sheet. Take them out, throw them in a large skillet, lightly greased and then just fry them in a hot pan for maybe 5 minutes to get them nice and crispy.

Damn, that sounds really good.....

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Damn, that sounds really good.....

Yeah, they aren't bad at all IMO. Personally, I like the regular old sliced potatoes, fried in bacon grease till a little crispy and salted, covered in Red Chile but the Wife and Daughters think I'm trying to kill them when I want that so yeah, backed and flash fired is the way to go for us. LOL.....

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
You know, I was thinking and it occurred to me..... What if we all just took our foot off the peddle, scrubbed a little speed on the way off the cliff and just kinda relaxed? What if we all kinda just looked up and just looked around? I did that Monday. I kissed my Wife in the morning, before work. I had supper with my Daughters (Breaded and Fried Pork Chops with Red Chile, Fried Potatoes and Beans and Ham Hawks), I saw my Little Grandson and my Daughter-in-law, I talked to my Son. I played with my dogs and I watched a little TV.

I didn't really think once about the Denver game. You know what else, it was cool and I enjoyed myself. Woke up and the Sun came up, I watched it with a cup of coffee in my hand and my Wife's little dog sitting right next to me. Everything was actually OK.

I don't know..... maybe I'm crazy.

What time is breakfast mañana?:D

Gameover

Reaction score
Noah Brown

That's what we need

A reliable big target who can run a complete route tree

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
You know, I was thinking and it occurred to me..... What if we all just took our foot off the peddle, scrubbed a little speed on the way off the cliff and just kinda relaxed? What if we all kinda just looked up and just looked around? I did that Monday. I kissed my Wife in the morning, before work. I had supper with my Daughters (Breaded and Fried Pork Chops with Red Chile, Fried Potatoes and Beans and Ham Hawks), I saw my Little Grandson and my Daughter-in-law, I talked to my Son. I played with my dogs and I watched a little TV.

I didn't really think once about the Denver game. You know what else, it was cool and I enjoyed myself. Woke up and the Sun came up, I watched it with a cup of coffee in my hand and my Wife's little dog sitting right next to me. Everything was actually OK.

Freak!

:p

visionary

Reaction score

What if...

The OP understood that even though we are upset the the franchise is run by a delusional owner who has hired his spineless 'son' as the HC

We're still happy in our life
Kissed the wife
Had fun with the kids
Did some grilling
And on and on.....

The 2 are not mutually exclusive :rolleyes:

What if.....

The OP had taken the same view when Wade was HC?

Hmmm......

bark

Reaction score
I think there are different ways to handle it. It is debateable whose is better.

I spanked my wife in the morning, called in sick to work. I sent my daughters off to boarding school. I ate a pop tart and downed it with a 5th of Jack. Then I polished my machine gun while my wife's cats sat in the corner shaking.

It was a typical monday for me so I agree, No need to get down about it.
:muttley:
You need better scene control killer.
I mean letting your woman have cats in the house and all.
Oh yeah and roger Goodell on line 2

Sydla

Reaction score
I never get these type of posts.

So basically, watch the game, don't care about the results and then don't discuss the good and bad of the game during the week?

That's really not how following sports works.

But I give extra credit for trying to make the every silly connection that if you ***** and complain after a loss, apparently you lack any real joy in your regular lives.

superonyx

Reaction score
I look at forums like this as a place to vent. I live in ground zero in Packer territory so I really don't have anyone to vent to. The key is to keep your real life separate from your Zone life. I have managed so far in not letting the Cowboys ruin my real life.
As long as your "venting" isn't really just needless negative whining. Many of us live in non Cowboys areas. I don't want to see this place turn from a place where level headed educated cowboys fans discuss the team to a place where people create negative complaining agendas and spend their time trying to beat other fans over the head with their negativity.

I've seen this sport become an unhealthy obsession for fans where a win doesn't make you feel as good as a loss makes you feel bad. That's a bad place to be because the reality behind the NFL is that all but 1 fan base will have a bad ending each year. You have to enjoy the ride and realize that without downs the ups wouldn't be as sweet anymore.

Plus it's not that serious. It's just a bunch of grown men throwing a ball around to entertain you and distract you from thinking about the fact that you are going to die someday...haha..true..

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yeah, you are crazy!!! You should be ashamed of yourself, moving on so quickly, not saying our OL sucks, Dak is a bus driver, Zeke is fat! How dare you call yourself a FAN. :grin:;)

superonyx

Reaction score
One thing I will never understand on this particular board is people telling other Cowboy fans how to be a fan.

If that works for you, fine. If other people need to go the complete opposite and overreact or use this time to call out players they already had problems with, fine. It's a message board for fans of the Dallas Cowboys. They are going to have very different opinions.

The (majority) of the people who are telling people to relax or saying it's just one game are the exact same people who wanna beat their chest and call out the more pessimistic fans after just one win.

You be a fan your way, I'll be a fan my way. I can live with that. Can you?
I won't speak for others but when I give others advice on perspective and balancing the lows with the highs it's not with bad intentions or to "tell someone how to be a fan". People give advice because in many cases they have witness both sides of extreme passion and are hoping that maybe they can help a fellow cowboys fan avoid some of the pitfalls.

In most situations if you are letting emotions guide you instead of logic you run the risk of it getting out of control and losing the enjoyment.

Don't take it personally. There is no right or wrong.....unless your acting like a Philly sports fan...

I can certainly live with you being whatever kind of fan you want to be...can you live with me being the kind of fan that brings level perspective and logical balance to the conversation?

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
I'm with you ABQCOWBOY. When the Cowboys lost, it used to not only ruin my day, but ruin the next two days as well. I still scream at the tv when the Cowboys are on, but I've decided that once the game is over I have to get back to enjoying life and enjoying my family. I still come to this site after the game, but it's mostly just to be entertained by all of the "sky is falling" posts. I guess we're suffering from a case of "getting old" syndrome. We all mellow with age, the youngins on here that don't understand your post will get it someday, lol.

Sydla

Reaction score
I have decided that of all the threads created after the butt whipping Sunday, this is the funniest.

Sydla

Reaction score
I won't speak for others but when I give others advice on perspective and balancing the lows with the highs it's not with bad intentions or to "tell someone how to be a fan". People give advice because in many cases they have witness both sides of extreme passion and are hoping that maybe they can help a fellow cowboys fan avoid some of the pitfalls.

In most situations if you are letting emotions guide you instead of logic you run the risk of it getting out of control and losing the enjoyment.

Don't take it personally. There is no right or wrong.....unless your acting like a Philly sports fan...

I can certainly live with you being whatever kind of fan you want to be...can you live with me being the kind of fan that brings level perspective and logical balance to the conversation?

This is largely BS.

The vast majority of posts aren't really emotional outbursts that defy logic. Sure, you get some random posts suggesting Dak sucks or he should be traded. Or that the Cowboys are going to go 3-13.

But those are typically few. The majority of posts are analysis based, giving opinions on what they saw and not just emotional outbursts that would lead one to question the health and well being of a majority of fans here. Often times, many of the critical posts are even sarcastic and mix in hyperbole.

The reality here is that the people who typically post perspective posts like this are often the ones who struggle at times with criticisms of their favorite team. It's basically hiding one's disdain for critical posts behind a faux caring about the well being and health of fans who are actually criticizing the team.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I've been sitting in the corner crying with the lights off, refreshing Cowboyszone, and asking why Zeke why..

Not really..

I was prepared for a loss. I just wish it was a little bit more competitive.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Sounds like you’ve reached the same place I’ve gotten too in my life.

20 years ago (in my 20s) the Cowboys losing ruined the rest of my day and put me in a foul mood much the next day, and I was a crappy person to be around.

I still hate the losses, however, with the passage of time I’ve come to realize life is too short to let it affect my personal relationships and the ones I love.

That's Cuz you've gotten used to 20 years of losing.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score

Talking to the wrong crowd. The majority of this board HATES EVERYTHING... after a WIN... it's mayhem when we win... No chance when we lose ...