What if

haleyrules

Reaction score
Great post.

I understand why some of you beat yourselves up over a loss; I used to do that too.

But I simply don't invest much in this team after a loss.

Some may call that "fair weather", but honestly I don't care.

I've been a fan since I could remember and I've posted on a fan forum for a decade now-- I don't feel the need to prove anything, and neither should any of you.

Just remember: anguishing in the lows doesn't make the highs any better. And the highs aren't guaranteed.

Enjoy the good times. It's just entertainment.
Amen. The NFL has changed too much. I am a lot older now too. No more emotional attachment to players. This "sport" is only about money to both the players and blood sucking owners. I watch it for entertainment and too heck with sentiment.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Amen. The NFL has changed too much. I am a lot older now too. No more emotional attachment to players. This "sport" is only about money to both the players and blood sucking owners. I watch it for entertainment and too heck with sentiment.

Pretty good post Haley.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

+1 ....like you said, maybe coz I'm older and been following the team for over 35 years. Hard to understand how some fans can have such negative personal view of certain players but to each his own I guess. That not to say players don't deserve critiquing coz they do. Just some seem to take it soo personal. I hate to say this but for some posters, it's like a personal vendetta.

haleyrules

Reaction score
+1 ....like you said, maybe coz I'm older and been following the team for over 35 years. Hard to understand how some fans can have such negative personal view of certain players but to each his own I guess. That not to say players don't deserve critiquing coz they do. Just some seem to take it soo personal. I hate to say this but for some posters, it's like a personal vendetta.
Ha! I go on the gameday thread!! WTH. its an emotional rollercoaster. Almost comical. I get that, from years ago, the fans, basically don't understand the business. The ' game" must just be enjoyed for the sake of sport. Its not, in modern times, too be taken for the hype. Those days are long past. Enjoy the " game" rewind the tape and watch the next one.

robbieruff

Reaction score
You know, I was thinking and it occurred to me..... What if we all just took our foot off the peddle, scrubbed a little speed on the way off the cliff and just kinda relaxed? What if we all kinda just looked up and just looked around? I did that Monday. I kissed my Wife in the morning, before work. I had supper with my Daughters (Breaded and Fried Pork Chops with Red Chile, Fried Potatoes and Beans and Ham Hawks), I saw my Little Grandson and my Daughter-in-law, I talked to my Son. I played with my dogs and I watched a little TV.

I didn't really think once about the Denver game. You know what else, it was cool and I enjoyed myself. Woke up and the Sun came up, I watched it with a cup of coffee in my hand and my Wife's little dog sitting right next to me. Everything was actually OK.

I don't know..... maybe I'm crazy.
Crazy for eating a meal like that at our age!?! Watch yourself, brother!?! ;) Great post.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Ha! I go on the gameday thread!! WTH. its an emotional rollercoaster. Almost comical. I get that, from years ago, the fans, basically don't understand the business. The ' game" must just be enjoyed for the sake of sport. Its not, in modern times, too be taken for the hype. Those days are long past. Enjoy the " game" rewind the tape and watch the next one.

Exactly.........man there was a time a loss would emotionally shut me down until Wed. Don't get me wrong......I'm as fired up as next fan on Sunday but when it over, (other than little thought or two later LOL), I'm done. Like you said......on to next game.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I take games very seriously, like they can influence my mood for a few days, either way, depending on a win or loss -- pretty dang effected... but some on the site are on some next level ****

Love the OP @ABQCOWBOY :thumbup:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I take games very seriously, like they can influence my mood for a few days, either way, depending on a win or loss -- pretty dang effected... but some on the site are on some next level ****

Love the OP @ABQCOWBOY :thumbup:

I used to be this way also .......for days (LOL). Now it impacts my even or night. Monday on to the next game.......

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Ain't that the truth...I lose my mind from time to time THAT's for sure...miss the days when it wasn't no thang to chow down like that every day!

We all do. I'm not going to say that this is every day because it isn't, I do get the nothing but Salad dinner in there too. My Wife and girls are constantly trying some new diet or another but I do get some opportunities to eat, what I term as "Real Food".

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
On a side note, Wife is cooking tonight and it's Buttermilk Fried Chicken with Garlic Green Beans, Homemade Mashed Potatoes and Biscuts. Normally, I am lucky to get this, even on the weekend. Almost never during the week. Fortunately for me, my Youngest Boy is coming over for supper and this is what he asked for. Haven't eaten anything all day so I can be nice and hungry.

Sometimes, much better to be lucky then good!