What if

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Look at you guys.......".20 years ago it use to bother me"........."now i can move on after a game"......"I quit caring what others think a long time ago".......

Guess what? That's what 25 years of losing will will do to you!!

See the correlation here...........sheesh.

:hammer:yah, I nailed it. :grin:

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
This usually works for me when we get blown out.

When it's a close loss that should have been a win is when I get irritated.

superonyx

Reaction score
This is largely BS.

The vast majority of posts aren't really emotional outbursts that defy logic. Sure, you get some random posts suggesting Dak sucks or he should be traded. Or that the Cowboys are going to go 3-13.

But those are typically few. The majority of posts are analysis based, giving opinions on what they saw and not just emotional outbursts that would lead one to question the health and well being of a majority of fans here. Often times, many of the critical posts are even sarcastic and mix in hyperbole.

The reality here is that the people who typically post perspective posts like this are often the ones who struggle at times with criticisms of their favorite team. It's basically hiding one's disdain for critical posts behind a faux caring about the well being and health of fans who are actually criticizing the team.
This is wholly BS. (See what I did there)

Read the threads over the last few days. You have more emotional outburst disguised as analytical post than what you are describing. Just look at how many post have Dez sucking, Dak was a one year wonder, Zeke is fat, Zeke is immature and quits on his team, JG needs to be fired, Marinelli needs to be fired, Scott L needs to be fired, our GM needs to be fired, Jaylon Smith isn't ready to play, Byron Jones is a bust etc.

I can't remember a time when 1 loss lead to a board meltdown to this degree where we collectively fired all of our players and coaches.

You may be right about why some people post well meaning perspective post..but fortunately you don't get to speak for me. I used to be the young hot head fan that was a bad person to be around the day after a loss. It got to where I was happiest fan when the Cowboys season was over and I could watch the playoffs without a serious emotional investment. I'm not that kid anymore. I've lost people close to me who were too young to die. You may not want to hear it but I will still encourage fans to take the losses in stride. It's not for everyone but I find this way works for me. The passive aggressive ulterior motives you speak of don't define me my friend.

Enjoy the ride...you don't know how many more you will get to take.

superonyx

Reaction score
Look at you guys.......".20 years ago it use to bother me"........."now i can move on after a game"......"I quit caring what others think a long time ago".......

I think it's what 25 years of maturity does to us.
We still care..but only as much as we feel it's worth.

Sydla

Reaction score
This is wholly BS. (See what I did there)

Read the threads over the last few days. You have more emotional outburst disguised as analytical post than what you are describing. Just look at how many post have Dez sucking, Dak was a one year wonder, Zeke is fat, Zeke is immature and quits on his team, JG needs to be fired, Marinelli needs to be fired, Scott L needs to be fired, our GM needs to be fired, Jaylon Smith isn't ready to play, Byron Jones is a bust etc.

I can't remember a time when 1 loss lead to a board meltdown to this degree where we collectively fired all of our players and coaches.

You may be right about why some people post well meaning perspective post..but fortunately you don't get to speak for me. I used to be the young hot head fan that was a bad person to be around the day after a loss. It got to where I was happiest fan when the Cowboys season was over and I could watch the playoffs without a serious emotional investment. I'm not that kid anymore. I've lost people close to me who were too young to die. You may not want to hear it but I will still encourage fans to take the losses in stride. It's not for everyone but I find this way works for me. The passive aggressive ulterior motives you speak of don't define me my friend.

Enjoy the ride...you don't know how many more you will get to take.

And there it is............ the "enjoy the ride" post.

PERSPECTIVE!

Last edited:

superonyx

Reaction score
And there it is............ the "enjoy the ride" post.

PERSPECTIVE!
It kills you doesn't it.
I'm glad you found something in it. You made it all the way to the end...And guess what?
I'll still enjoy the ride and encourage others to as well.

*enjoy the ride...you don't know how many more you will take...**

Sydla

Reaction score
It kills you doesn't it.
I'm glad you found something in it. You made it all the way to the end...And guess what?
I'll still enjoy the ride and encourage others to as well.

*enjoy the ride...you don't know how many more you will take...**

What kills me? The only thing I found in it was condescension.

It's basically just soapboxing and comes from the place where people think they are better fans than other people. It's admirable but laughable.

People don't need other people telling them how to act. I suspect, for the large majority of posters who have been critical here the last two days, most went about their daily lives normally and weren't somehow frozen by anger over the Cowboys loss. I've been pretty critical of the performance - Dak, Dez, Zeke, the coaches, pretty much everyone but Lawrence and our kickers. But according to some of you, I am apparently a guy that needs perspective and needs to take all of this less seriously.

You know what I did the last two days? I went to work on Monday. I cooked dinner for the family last night. My 5 year old and 3 year old then played some soccer in the backyard with me and jumped on the trampoline. I helped my wife bathe all three kids. I got them into bed. I went for a run. I came home and took a shower. I turned on the Giants game and looked over some financials for a business I've been contemplating purchasing. I grabbed a glass of milk and ate some fig newtons and flipped the game over to HGTV to watch House Hunters. I went upstairs, kissed the wife and went to bed. Today, I went to work, will take my daughter to gymnastics tonight and go out for pizza after with her for a daddy-daughter night. Basically as critical as I was of the team, I went about my life just like any other normal day and didn't waste any precious time worrying about the Cowboys when I wasn't on this board discussing Cowboys related issues. I am guessing a majority of the most critical ones did the same things..........

You guys must have a really low opinion of Cowboys fans if you think they need to be reminded by you guys to take things less seriously for health and family reasons because apparently there is too much criticism of the team an embarrassing loss.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
If fans didn't care, why should the team? Fans should always keep the pressure on imo. That way complacency never creeps in. I'm a proactive fan. I do believe a demanding fan base gets better results.

keeping the pressure on does what exactly?

Zman5

Reaction score
"Yeh, Cowboy fans. Just R-E-L-A-X."
SEpK9sb8_400x400.jpeg

Kaiser

Reaction score
To me the beauty of sports is exactly the fact that it doesn't matter at the end of the day. If you win, you won something. You can be thrilled over winning.

If you lose, who cares. Its just a game that doesn't impact your real life.

That's the beauty of it, its all upside when you think about it.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

Same here. I was over it Monday morning. Doesn't bother me as much as it used to.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
What if...

The OP understood that even though we are upset the the franchise is run by a delusional owner who has hired his spineless 'son' as the HC

We're still happy in our life
Kissed the wife
Had fun with the kids
Did some grilling
And on and on.....

The 2 are not mutually exclusive :rolleyes:

What if.....

The OP had taken the same view when Wade was HC?

Hmmm......

I don't understand the Wade reference. Maybe you can help.

superonyx

Reaction score
What kills me? The only thing I found in it was condescension.

It's basically just soapboxing and comes from the place where people think they are better fans than other people. It's admirable but laughable.

People don't need other people telling them how to act. I suspect, for the large majority of posters who have been critical here the last two days, most went about their daily lives normally and weren't somehow frozen by anger over the Cowboys loss. I've been pretty critical of the performance - Dak, Dez, Zeke, the coaches, pretty much everyone but Lawrence and our kickers. But according to some of you, I am apparently a guy that needs perspective and needs to take all of this less seriously.

You know what I did the last two days? I went to work on Monday. I cooked dinner for the family last night. My 5 year old and 3 year old then played some soccer in the backyard with me and jumped on the trampoline. I helped my wife bathe all three kids. I got them into bed. I went for a run. I came home and took a shower. I turned on the Giants game and looked over some financials for a business I've been contemplating purchasing. I grabbed a glass of milk and ate some fig newtons and flipped the game over to HGTV to watch House Hunters. I went upstairs, kissed the wife and went to bed. Today, I went to work, will take my daughter to gymnastics tonight and go out for pizza after with her for a daddy-daughter night. Basically as critical as I was of the team, I went about my life just like any other normal day and didn't waste any precious time worrying about the Cowboys when I wasn't on this board discussing Cowboys related issues. I am guessing a majority of the most critical ones did the same things..........

You guys must have a really low opinion of Cowboys fans if you think they need to be reminded by you guys to take things less seriously for health and family reasons because apparently there is too much criticism of the team an embarrassing loss.
Speaking of condescension......

It's good to hear you have your crap together.
I wonder why you take it so personally when people offer general advice to a message board that has clearly gone over the cliff since the loss? Weird right?
You clearly don't have over the top irrational opinions that the original poster felt the need to address....Why so insecure?

superonyx

Reaction score
What if...

The OP understood that even though we are upset the the franchise is run by a delusional owner who has hired his spineless 'son' as the HC

We're still happy in our life
Kissed the wife
Had fun with the kids
Did some grilling
And on and on.....

The 2 are not mutually exclusive :rolleyes:

What if.....

The OP had taken the same view when Wade was HC?

Hmmm......
I'm not the OP but im pretty sure the post was aimed at the over emotional knee jerk reactionary fans that have gone head first over the cliff since we lost.
Do you consider yourself in this category? Why do you feel this was aimed at you? I never once assumed the OP was creating this to offer me some perspective?
Why be so insulted by someone trying to offer advice to someone else? It's weird isn't it?

Sydla

Reaction score
Speaking of condescension......

It's good to hear you have your crap together.
I wonder why you take it so personally when people offer general advice to a message board that has clearly gone over the cliff since the loss? Weird right?
You clearly don't have over the top irrational opinions that the original poster felt the need to address....Why so insecure?

It's not insecurity. It's frustration at smug fans telling other fans that "hey, I am a better fan than you, here's what I do, you should do it too if you want to be a awesome as me".

Nothing like than fans telling people they have never met how to be better fans like them.

It's not advice. It's condescending BS.

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It's not insecurity. It's frustration at smug fans telling other fans that "hey, I am a better fan than you, here's what I do, you should do it too if you want to be a awesome as me".

Nothing bothers me more than fans telling people they have never met how to be better fans like them.

You have read a great deal into my post. I will say that you are 100% wrong but if you would rather believe what you are saying here, that's up to you but you are creating your own "smug" outlook. That's not really there, except in your own mind.

Sydla

Reaction score
You have read a great deal into my post. I will say that you are 100% wrong but if you would rather believe what you are saying here, that's up to you but you are creating your own "smug" outlook. That's not really there, except in your own mind.

I don't think I did. You basically told people you have never met that they probably take this stuff too seriously and should go hug their wives, kiss their kids, hug their dogs, etc. In essence, be a better fan, like me.

You may not have intended it as such, but that's how it reads. Not surprisingly, some of the people who have agreed are the ones who typically just don't like to hear criticisms of the team and tend be a bit more defensive even in bad times.

It also shows a fairly low opinion of Cowboys fans in general if you think they need to be reminded on how to take all of this less seriously and focus on their real lives. As I said, perspective.

It's as silly as the fans who after a loss might say something like, "Hey I know we lost, but let's put this in perspective. A man was shot outside a restaurant in Frisco last night" as if people can't obviously differentiate between such incidents.

superonyx

Reaction score

Nothing bothers me more than fans telling people they have never met how to be better fans like them.

So fans giving advice to other fans in an aim to help them put a loss in perspective is somehow doing that?
Did someone say anything about being a better fan? Maybe I missed all of that...Or did you completely misinterpret what the OP was saying and did you decide for him what his intentions were?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't think I did. You basically told people you have never met that they probably take this stuff too seriously and should go hug their wives, kiss their kids, hug their dogs, etc. In essence, be a better fan, like me.

You may not have intended it as such, but that's how it reads. Not surprisingly, some of the people who have agreed are the ones who typically just don't like to hear criticisms of the team and tend be a bit more defensive even in bad times.

It also shows a fairly low opinion of Cowboys fans in general if you think they need to be reminded on how to take all of this less seriously and focus on their real lives. As I said, perspective.

It's as silly as the fans who after a loss might say something like, "Hey I know we lost, but let's put this in perspective. A man was shot outside a restaurant in Frisco last night" as if people can't obviously differentiate between such incidents.

No. I basically recommended that people enjoy what they have going on and not let this bother them too much. You are in correct but I don't expect you to see this. You may view it as you like. The advise was free so it's not like anybody has to take it.

Do what you want and by the way, the guy who says it's just a game is right.

superonyx

Reaction score

Sorry but this sounds like insecurity.
You added the "better fan" stuff to try and tighten up your point...But its clearly missing.
You may find this hard to believe since you have a perfect life but the OP's first post would be something a 18 year old version of myself would have benefited from reading.
You may have already figured it out...but for some this could be helpful.