What if

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
It's not insecurity. It's frustration at smug fans telling other fans that "hey, I am a better fan than you, here's what I do, you should do it too if you want to be a awesome as me".

Nothing like than fans telling people they have never met how to be better fans like them.

It's not advice. It's condescending BS.

Well if you want to be as "awesome" a fan as me you'll have to give up the Fig Newtons and House Hunters for starers.

Sydla

Reaction score
So fans giving advice to other fans in an aim to help them put a loss in perspective is somehow doing that?
Did someone say anything about being a better fan? Maybe I missed all of that...Or did you completely misinterpret what the OP was saying and did you decide for him what his intentions were?

Most fans don't need advice to put a loss in "perspective". That's the point. Again, if you guys feel people need the advice, that says a lot about what you think of people you never met.

When one feels the need to tell people to put losses in perspective, it absolutely smacks of someone basically taking the position that one is a better fan than another.

It just bothers me when fans tell other fans how they should be more like them as fans. Sorry, it just does.

visionary

Reaction score
I'm not the OP but im pretty sure the post was aimed at the over emotional knee jerk reactionary fans that have gone head first over the cliff since we lost.
Do you consider yourself in this category? Why do you feel this was aimed at you? I never once assumed the OP was creating this to offer me some perspective?
Why be so insulted by someone trying to offer advice to someone else? It's weird isn't it?

When did I say it was aimed at me?

I would recommend Remedial English next year when you get to 5th grade

For now, let the grown ups talk

K?

rynochop

Reaction score
I only get mad about games that should be won..going into Sunday's game I could see that outcome, maybe not quite that bad though.

superonyx

Reaction score
When did I say it was aimed at me?

I would recommend Remedial English next year when you get to 5th grade

For now, let the grown ups talk

K?
The grown ups were talking....and then we were blessed with your insecurity. The OP was creating a post about how he moves past a loss and you get yourself worked up and your panties all snotty.

The board doesn't revolve around you and your childish insecurities.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
To me the beauty of sports is exactly the fact that it doesn't matter at the end of the day. If you win, you won something. You can be thrilled over winning.

If you lose, who cares. Its just a game that doesn't impact your real life.

That's the beauty of it, its all upside when you think about it.
Bingo. This is exactly how I feel these days (or try to anyway lol). If we win, I feel fantastic about it. But if we lose, then whatever. I'm not going to let entertainment negatively impact my life. Only positively.

Last edited:

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Maybe I've missed something while skimming over the last few pages, but why does it seem some folks are taking @ABQCOWBOY's thread as some kind of personal attack on how they handle losses?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know, I was thinking and it occurred to me..... What if we all just took our foot off the peddle, scrubbed a little speed on the way off the cliff and just kinda relaxed? What if we all kinda just looked up and just looked around? I did that Monday. I kissed my Wife in the morning, before work. I had supper with my Daughters (Breaded and Fried Pork Chops with Red Chile, Fried Potatoes and Beans and Ham Hawks), I saw my Little Grandson and my Daughter-in-law, I talked to my Son. I played with my dogs and I watched a little TV.

I didn't really think once about the Denver game. You know what else, it was cool and I enjoyed myself. Woke up and the Sun came up, I watched it with a cup of coffee in my hand and my Wife's little dog sitting right next to me. Everything was actually OK.

I don't know..... maybe I'm crazy.

I actually found that studying the games on a deeper level the past several years has taken a lot of the sting out of losing.

Losses are more interesting to analyze.

Therefore, if they win I'm happy.

If they lose I'm more entertained during the week trying to determine the reasons for losing.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No. I basically recommended that people enjoy what they have going on and not let this bother them too much. You are in correct but I don't expect you to see this. You may view it as you like. The advise was free so it's not like anybody has to take it.

Do what you want and by the way, the guy who says it's just a game is right.

Yeah and it's a looooooooong season.

Sunday was humbling for sure but I try not to get too emotional about regular season games anymore unless they are just crucial.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess for me it depends on how we lose.
If it was a well hard-fought game then we lose oh well on to the next week.
But if I don't like the way the coordinators called the game or the effort the players put forth then I'm going to be pissed all week long until the next game and see if it's corrected

needless to say I'm pissed/ waiting till Monday night LOL
If it happens again next week
Postal

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
You know, I was thinking and it occurred to me..... What if we all just took our foot off the peddle, scrubbed a little speed on the way off the cliff and just kinda relaxed? What if we all kinda just looked up and just looked around? I did that Monday. I kissed my Wife in the morning, before work. I had supper with my Daughters (Breaded and Fried Pork Chops with Red Chile, Fried Potatoes and Beans and Ham Hawks), I saw my Little Grandson and my Daughter-in-law, I talked to my Son. I played with my dogs and I watched a little TV.

I didn't really think once about the Denver game. You know what else, it was cool and I enjoyed myself. Woke up and the Sun came up, I watched it with a cup of coffee in my hand and my Wife's little dog sitting right next to me. Everything was actually OK.

So, you're saying it's not the end of the world that we lost? Whata ya know? Maybe there's somethin' to live for after all. :)

Last edited:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Jason Garrett sleeps like a baby each night, win or lose. So if it doesn't bother him, why should it bother you?

Think about that if you get mad after our next loss.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I am really glad you started this thread and shared your "what if" thoughts. At the end of the day, this is what it is all about.

I had a second chance at marriage a few years ago and literally went from "living to work" to "working to live". Indeed the sun does come up

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Great post. I, like many on here, used to allow games to dictate my day, days, or week. Sure, games like Sunday are super frustrating to watch, but I have definitely realized it's just a small fraction in the big picture of life. Plus, sadly, I'm just getting used to the Boys always letting me down. lol

mrmojo

Reaction score
20 plus years of this and I've grown numb to losses. I still root as hard as u can for tje Boys, but its all about perspective now a days. Back in the day it would eat me up....anymore it doesn't phase me....i guess lack of championships will do that. Just how i feel.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Sure thing. Dice potatoes into cubes, not too small, then soak them in salted water, gallon ziplock bag in the fridge for a couple of hours. Not over night, just enough to get them softened. Spread them out on paper towels, let them drain a little. season them with Mrs Dash, Garlic, All Season and salt (just mix it all up in a bowl). Throw them on a cookie sheet for maybe 40 minutes, make sure you use baking paper or grease cookie sheet. Take them out, throw them in a large skillet, lightly greased and then just fry them in a hot pan for maybe 5 minutes to get them nice and crispy.

Post of the week.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Great post.

I understand why some of you beat yourselves up over a loss; I used to do that too.

But I simply don't invest much in this team after a loss.

Some may call that "fair weather", but honestly I don't care.

I've been a fan since I could remember and I've posted on a fan forum for a decade now-- I don't feel the need to prove anything, and neither should any of you.

Just remember: anguishing in the lows doesn't make the highs any better. And the highs aren't guaranteed.

Enjoy the good times. It's just entertainment.