What is best for the long term future of the team?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
OPTION A- Cowboys lose Sunday night in Philly, move to 3-6, and go on to finish 6-10 or less, don’t make playoffs.

This is the only correct answer as it provides probably the only option the results in a chance that Garrett gets fired.

Londonboy

Reaction score
My bad! Thought it was an obscure, comedic icon of the UK! I like that stuff, by the way, that quirky Simon Pegg/Guy Ritchie/Benny Hill/Python thing.
Boffo was the Centrefold in this months Clowns and Clowning Magazine, it's easy to mix the two up.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Option D-Jerry Jones firing himself and his idiotic children from running the team and hiring qualified football people to run the team.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Of course..what you are missing is that the scrub on the sidelines right now, is going to get replaced with another scrub who will be powerless...

Do you not see the trend already? There is 25 years of evidence here
Of course I realize there are no guarantee our next coach will be successful, but all the honest fans who think winning is important, know we will never win a Superbowl with Garrett. We are way overdue for a change at HC. We must take a chance on s new HC.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I can’t cheer for a loss and losing doesn’t help with the players you have
For the overall roster top picks do help but there is a mentality a team gets from losing that’s not good
Philly got over their losing mentality pretty quick and went on to hoist the Lombardi. What were they the year before they won the Super Bowl? 6-10.

joshjwp

Reaction score
Option A. Garrett has to go and so does Dak. I wish we still had that first rounder though. Would make losing more tolerable knowing we could have a top 5 pick.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
You don’t know what’s going to result in more wins long term. There’s no getting around the fact that you’re scenario has you watching football games and rooting for the other team to beat the Cowboys. Mine has me rooting for the Cowboys every game. I’d stop following football before I’d want the Eagles to blowout the Cowboys.

In neither scenario is either of us meaningfully affecting the outcome of the win or loss. What I want is to be honest about what’s holding the team back. What you seem to be advocating is becoming a short term fan of the Eagles and Commanders in the name of a convoluted argument and then hoping that rearranging the deck chairs one more time just might keep this ship afloat. The “grown up” is telling you that rearranging deck chairs doesn’t float ships no matter how much you do it or how sick you are of the current arrangement.

What I advocate is being a Cowboys fan for the long term. Not just the next play. Not just the next game. Not just this season. But for seasons to come.

In grown up land, people sacrifice near term advantage for long term advantage, and the NFL is no different.

I don't want to rearrange the chairs. I want a new crew in them. Losses now might bring us a new crew.

Embrace mediocrity now and evermore if you like. I hope for better, so I hope for outcomes that are more likely to bring that better.

JBS

Reaction score
Of course I realize there are no guarantee our next coach will be successful, but all the honest fans who think winning is important, know we will never win a Superbowl with Garrett. We are way overdue for a change at HC. We must take a chance on s new HC.

No crap Garrett sucks..your next coach will suck too..enjoy it

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I advocate is being a Cowboys fan for the long term. Not just the next play. Not just the next game. Not just this season. But for seasons to come.

In grown up land, people sacrifice near term advantage for long term advantage, and the NFL is no different.

I don't want to rearrange the chairs. I want a new crew in them. Losses now might bring us a new crew.

Embrace mediocrity now and evermore if you like. I hope for better, so I hope for outcomes that are more likely to bring that better.

Your mistake is thinking your ‘sacrifice’ is actually tied to the return here. Grown ups don’t root for the Eagles and then think the team magically gets better because if it. Grown ups recognize the team gets better or worse because of what the organization does, independent from who you’re hollering for or against in the privacy of your own living room.

Meanwhile, I’m hollering for the Cowboys, every down, win lose or draw. You’re the one in the Wentz Jersey, explaining to me your evolved perspective re being a fan for the “long term advantage” while I try not to laugh because I can’t take seriously how badly you’ve managed to spin yourself up.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Your mistake is thinking your ‘sacrifice’ is actually tied to the return here. Grown ups don’t root for the Eagles and then think the team magically gets better because if it. Grown ups recognize the team gets better or worse because of what the organization does, independent from who you’re hollering for or against in the privacy of your own living room.

Meanwhile, I’m hollering for the Cowboys, every down, win lose or draw. You’re the one in the Wentz Jersey, explaining to me your evolved perspective re being a fan for the “long term advantage” while I try not to laugh because I can’t take seriously how badly you’ve managed to spin yourself up.

Your the only fellow I see all spun up.

I don't own a Wentz jersey.

Your hallucinations about what is going on in my head are both inaccurate and uninteresting.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your the only fellow I see all spun up.

I don't own a Wentz jersey.

Your hallucinations about what is going on in my head are both inaccurate and uninteresting.

Ok. I can’t take you seriously with that plastic beak on, anyway.

“Fly Eagles! Fly!” I mean, “Go Cowboys!” Or are those two the same thing theses days? I can’t tell any more.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
See, you guys think the issue in Dalls is coaching and that change is going to be a good thing. I think this is about as optimal a situation as we’re likely to get from an organizational stability perspective. Jerry “fixing it, this time for real” isn’t a prospect I look forward to b

I agree with you to a point. We know it ain't going anywhere with Garrett. Chances are the next coach won't be an improvement, but the chances are better with someone else than with Garrett, at least until they ain't.