What is everyone's thoughts on the iPhone 5?

Jenky

Reaction score
I just got a tracking # from Verizon via Fedex. It's supposedly in PA right now. Expected delivery by 3:00 p.m. 9/21.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4736500 said:
I heard there were already people waiting outside the Apple store on Monday for the Friday release. *** is wrong with these people? It's a freaking phone! :facepalm:

They should enjoy the next few days of sitting out there. Storms in NYC. Some very heavy.
Just like all the apple fan-boys in the thread "I just tracked my phone, it'll be here in like 4 hours!! YEEEE!"

:bang2: :bang2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Rynie;4737067 said:
Just like all the apple fan-boys in the thread "I just tracked my phone, it'll be here in like 4 hours!! YEEEE!"

These guys couldn't wait either! :laugh2:

[youtube]4Wczt3NNtqU[/youtube]

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Rynie;4737067 said:

Says the guy that goes in an iPhone 5 thread. :laugh2:

In case you're wondering, my iPhone is now in Kentucky and will be here on Friday. I'll make sure to PM you the rest of my daily tracking updates.

JBond

Reaction score
Jenky;4723611 said:
4 inch screen, A6 processor, 4g capabale, dual band wireless, lighter, thinner, etc.

The screen is still too small and odd shaped. At least the hardware is starting to approach the best android phones. All the features you listed have been available for a while now.

I wonder if Apple will ever be cutting edge again?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So when does the iphone become abundant enough to just let me buy one without having to do something crazy just to get it?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
TheCount;4737180 said:
Says the guy that goes in an iPhone 5 thread. :laugh2:

In case you're wondering, my iPhone is now in Kentucky and will be here on Friday. I'll make sure to PM you the rest of my daily tracking updates.

Can I get a PM video of you unboxing it?

That'd be great!!!

Jenky

Reaction score
CATCH17;4737396 said:
So when does the iphone become abundant enough to just let me buy one without having to do something crazy just to get it?

All I know is the iPhone 5 had twice as many pre-orders as the iPhone 4s and some people have October ship dates... so...yeah.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hoofbite;4737611 said:
Can I get a PM video of you unboxing it?

That'd be great!!!

Absolutely. I'll even send you a video of me making sweet love to it. I know you're into that stuff. :eek:

k19

Reaction score
I ordered mine before I realized that I'm losing my unlimited data. Not sure how I feel about that one, not that I uas lots of data anyways. Just another way Verizon is screwing over its long time customers

Jenky

Reaction score
k19;4737627 said:
I ordered mine before I realized that I'm losing my unlimited data. Not sure how I feel about that one, not that I uas lots of data anyways. Just another way Verizon is screwing over its long time customers

Can't you cancel? Also some people are selling their unlimited verizon plans on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...&_sacat=0&_odkw=unlimited+data+plan&_osacat=0

AT&T:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=att+unlimited+data&_nkwusc=att+unlimmited+data&_rdc=1

:lmao2:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
k19;4737627 said:

Does Verizon have a way to check how much data you use on average?

I remember checking on AT&T and being surprised it was as little as it was. I don't think I NEED unlimited data but it's nice not to have to worry. Plus AT&T is going to cap it at 5GB anyway, so it's not really unlimited.

Unless you're constantly streaming video while off Wifi (or tether it), you probably don't use as much as you think you do.

k19

Reaction score
TheCount;4737634 said:
Does Verizon have a way to check how much data you use on average?

I remember checking on AT&T and being surprised it was as little as it was. I don't think I NEED unlimited data but it's nice not to have to worry. Plus AT&T is going to cap it at 5GB anyway, so it's not really unlimited.

Unless you're constantly streaming video while off Wifi (or tether it), you probably don't use as much as you think you do.

They have a tracker on their site as well as a way to run an account analysis. I don't tether anymore and don't stream alot either. Most of anything I use is when I travel searching for things or usung it for navigation.

I guess it somewhat works out for me becuase I'll get unlimited text and calls and if I select a 10gb data plan, which I'd never use all of, I end up paying a few bucks more a month with my discount.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Review Snippets

Engadget: "This is without a doubt the best iPhone yet. This is a hallmark of design. This is the one you’ve been waiting for."

TechCrunch: "This is the smartphone nearly perfected."

SlashGear: "Right now, the iPhone 5 has the best balance of everyday usability and performance..."

The Loop: "I can’t think of any good reason why anyone wouldn’t upgrade or purchase the iPhone 5."

The Telegraph: "The iPhone 5 is a marvellous piece of design, arguably the most beautiful object Apple has ever produced."

CNET: "The iPhone 5 is approaching perfection..."

Bloomberg: "The iPhone 5 is by no means perfect, and we’re lucky there are a lot of really good smartphones on the market. But only one great one."

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
masomenos;4737983 said:
Review Snippets

Engadget: "This is without a doubt the best iPhone yet. This is a hallmark of design. This is the one you’ve been waiting for."

TechCrunch: "This is the smartphone nearly perfected."

SlashGear: "Right now, the iPhone 5 has the best balance of everyday usability and performance..."

The Loop: "I can’t think of any good reason why anyone wouldn’t upgrade or purchase the iPhone 5."

The Telegraph: "The iPhone 5 is a marvellous piece of design, arguably the most beautiful object Apple has ever produced."

CNET: "The iPhone 5 is approaching perfection..."

Bloomberg: "The iPhone 5 is by no means perfect, and we’re lucky there are a lot of really good smartphones on the market. But only one great one."

Sam I Am: It's Apple so it sux... ANDROID BABY :yourock:
Yeag: Sheople... smh
WoodysGirl: Well it ain't a Blackberry
SaltwaterServr: Meh...
Dallas: Putzes...
Sarge: What's an iPhone?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
trickblue;4737991 said:
Sam I Am: It's Apple so it sux... ANDROID BABY

No, just Apple sux.

That "Review Snippets" list of snips sounds like a bunch of fanboys. I don't think smartphones are anywhere close to perfect. They are getting better, but perfect? Call me when connections (both data and voice) never drop. Let me know when streaming media doesn't ever buffer, when battery life last days rather than hours.

Shall I keep going?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
trickblue;4737991 said:
Sam I Am: It's Apple so it sux... ANDROID BABY :yourock:
Yeag: Sheople... smh
WoodysGirl: Well it ain't a Blackberry
SaltwaterServr: Meh...
Dallas: Putzes...
Sarge: Does it serve PBR?

fixed :D

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Can you believe this!!

My son and one of his friend girls went last night at 11:00 PM to get in line at AT&T. They don't open up until 8:00 AM this morning. That's 9 friggen hours sitting outside...:rolleyes:

He called a few minutes ago and said that he is 10th in line! Do you believe that nonsense?

If I didn't have to go to sign some papers for a Military discount, I would not go at all.

Oh, well, I get a free iPhone 4S out of the deal. :cool:

So, I'm out the door in a few minutes hoping like hell I can find a place to park!!