Image: What is Jaylon Smith doing on this play?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I hate beating a dead horse. But the defense was already bad to begin with. Nolan coming in to coach has made it much much worst.

plymkr

Reaction score
This is the last thing I'm going to say about this topic and play. I hope we sign Earl Thomas now. Just so he can go over and punch Jaylon for that type of effort. He's crazy enough to do it and the coaches or the FO isn't going to do anything to Jaylon to address his effort. Maybe ET punching him would wake him up.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
So, the defensive coordinator calls a good play and has the safety in position to make the stop. Woods embarrasses himself and the whole team with a whiff of a tackle.

Such is the way the season is going so far. At some point, poor players need to benched. I would rather watch Bernard and Robinson than Jaylon Smith and Woods. Same for a lot of other players.

I don't see the Def. Coordinator calling plays or anything. If he is, than he is partly to blame also for this disaster.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Jaylon is the main issue with this defense his play or lack of play put pressure on everyone else.

There was a play that Hill blew up the line on a sweep and all Jaylon had to do was fil the gap and he would have the tackle. Instead he’s spinning around and his back ends up against the line of scrimmage and the back picks up a nice gain. This has been a huge issue. He takes bad angles, doesn’t fill the GAP, he sucks at the point of attack, and he can’t diagnose a play to save his life.

The guy is always freelancing and it’s putting pressure on everyone else to make the play he should be making. We are playing 10 on 11 with him out there.

morasp

Reaction score
He has to be the worst starter on this team by a wide margin. Anybody would be better than him.

Blue64

Reaction score
Watch Jaylon. It looks like he diagnoses the play, realizes Hunt has the ball, he runs towards Hunt to make the tackle, then when Hunt stumbles around the 9-yard line, Jaylon inexplicably peaks back at the backfield instead of making the tackle.

yvmRjeP.gif
You just noticed that, this is how the guy consistently plays always getting lost and out of position then running in pursuit.

But hey that means he’s always in the play! Surely worth the big contract awarded

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This guy makes me SICK!!!!!!!!
like seriously with this effort!?!?!????!!!!!!
This guy is something else. Ever see his IG page hes all about looking good and sharp and being a model. He disgusts me to no end!!!! I seriously hate this man. He PATHETIC. A PATHETIC kid. I say kid, hes no man
Just relax, the nurse will be in soon with your meds.

Londonboy

Reaction score
He just can't read and react, at this point We might as well just line Him up in a gap of His choice and have Him charge through, maybe We'll get licky every now and then.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm reading lots of tweets about communication pre snap. Thats on this gimpoid too, since LVE went out hes been the defensive qb out tgere andits obvious he is too dumb football wise to handle this scheme....

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Watch Jaylon. It looks like he diagnoses the play, realizes Hunt has the ball, he runs towards Hunt to make the tackle, then when Hunt stumbles around the 9-yard line, Jaylon inexplicably peaks back at the backfield instead of making the tackle.

yvmRjeP.gif

Lol this is what he does. He doesn’t take on blockers. He doesn’t want to tackle. He stays below the hash to avoid contact. It’s ridiculous.

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score

This Ladies and Gentlemen looks like a player that is AFRAID.

yvmRjeP.gif

John813

Reaction score
Not to worry. He'll rack up assist tackles and the people who only look at stats can turnaround and then claim he really isn't that bad!

We'll get another choose player A, B or C! thread to show that Jaylon is better than Luke Kuechly

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it pretty obvious at this point that we just have too many dumb football players. Football IQ has never been high on Jerry's list of draft attributes.

Jipper

Reaction score
He was incredible in his pre nfl career bc he was always the best athlete on the field, once that was reduced by both the injury and the competition at the nfl level his lack of ability was exposed