What is one reason why you want Jason Garrett gone?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Simple answer: this team needs a new direction.

At first I was a fan of Garrett. He seemed to be a well-organized, even-keeled coach that had the benefit of being a player in this league and playing on championship level rosters. And I still like him, but the time has come for a change.

And sometimes that's whats best for all parties. Take Andy Reid. He was fired in Philly but is now doing just fine in KC. I wish Garrett the best in the future but it's time for the Cowboys to start anew at head coach.

Flamma

Reaction score
1. His inability to outcoach top level teams is his biggest weakness in my opinion

The team often looks like they are playing lackluster or unprepared. The former is a big concern. Shades of Wade Phillips and why he was canned. If we're going to lose games, fine, but I hate it when it looks like the players either don't want to be there or give up halfway through the game. The Bills and the Bears are two perfect examples.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am just tired of him. I am tired of the book of football cliches, that vacant look on the sideline and pushing players in the pads because they avoid his high 5. But, I will miss the clapping.

Chill35

Reaction score
Don't really care anymore at this point. I am so disappointed with this franchise. Let him stay. I won't be a Cowboys fan either. Most of us will be in retirement homes by the time this franchise sees another super bowl.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I didn’t care whether he stayed or went, but now I want him gone so I don’t have to read the same crap about him every single day on this site.

johneric8

Reaction score
because he is a horrible football coach, and to be more exact I would say he cares more about trying to make grown men better people than he is showing them what it takes to win football games.
Jimmy Johnson was a great coach and had no time for BS, he didn't give a rats *** if you liked him or he taught you to be the right kind of guy. He just taught you how to play the game and win.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Simple answer: this team needs a new direction.

At first I was a fan of Garrett. He seemed to be a well-organized, even-keeled coach that had the benefit of being a player in this league and playing on championship level rosters. And I still like him, but the time has come for a change.

And sometimes that's whats best for all parties. Take Andy Reid. He was fired in Philly but is now doing just fine in KC. I wish Garrett the best in the future but it's time for the Cowboys to start anew at head coach.

Whether you like Garrett or not...want vengeance or not......the time has come for a "new direction". Often....the coach is the fall guy, regardless of real fault.

You can name a hundred reasons you want Jason gone. You can also want other coaches and players and even Jerry gone. But the head coach right or wrong is the first one on the chopping block...even when a better coach and with more "success" than Garrett ever had.

So honor this tradition......for better or worse...ditch the head coach and change your direction.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
1. His inability to outcoach top level teams is his biggest weakness in my opinion

Evey coach should when hired should get 5 years to implement his changes and roster etc. In JG case i thought he succeeded in 2014 getting there so i gave him a mulligan for 2015 when Romo got hurt, but he has had his chance, 9 1/2 years is plenty of time to get the job done, he hasn't done it so it is time for a change, it's probably even better for him he may find the success he lacked with us starting fresh with a new organization as we may hiring a new coach

leeblair

Reaction score
He has no integrity/ honor.
It is because of that he cannot understand greatness.

Gameover

Reaction score
He’s squandered more talent than any coach in Cowboys history , as head coach and offensive coordinator

He should’ve been fired 10 years ago

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Doesn't hold his coaching staff accountable like a Jimmy Johnson or Bill Parcells would. Instead, throws players under the bus.

Exhibit A ; Keith O Quinn

Many more examples throughout his tenure.

Oh, and has a red headed coach ever won the Super Bowl? :rolleyes:
That might be Jerry.
Remember Camp Cupcake?
It was Cupcake because of Jerry. Wade wanted to fine and punish players, but Jerry said No.

Jerry is still here saying No.

Ron12

Reaction score
JG is Mr 8-8 with 2 playoff wins in 9 years enough said !:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: