What is one thing you can laugh at yourself for now that you know better?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How much space do I have here and how much time do you have?

Suffice to say a mature man can get smarter when he allows himself to lose ownership of his old thoughts that he was keeping just because they were his.

I am older than most here and let me share with you that I have learned more about life and myself in the last 10 years than the previous 60 combined. It is only too late to learn, and change, when you decide that.

My greatest lesson has to do with Winny's thread title only I didn't look back with laughter but with anger and disappointment in myself. I carried my guilt and regrets forward so the past was a curse on the present, reliving those decisions and beating myself up.

If you can look back and laugh, power to you. If you can't, let it go as a lesson learned and be the better for it.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
on one of my bigfoot hunts years ago i tried my first wood knock using a mini bat.
never played baseball so i knew nothing about swingin' away.
found a tree....perfect spot near the bank of the n canadian and let'er rip.
that sucker immediately on contact came right back and put a knot on my forehead.
damn that hurt.
but that knock was a good'n tho.
so was the knot on my forehead.
im a little more observant now about my swing placement in relation to my head.
* man, I had an old one legged friend who was gonna sell me 65 acres just about 1 mile North of that Canadian River for 35k( I deeply regret not having the scratch to of snagged it)

InTheZone

Reaction score
Thinking a football game was worth ruining my week.
this. When I used to play Madden I would play all week long if the Cowboys won. If they lost I turned off all games and refused to touch Madden until they won again.

but the funny thing about this topic is that I know too many people have never even considered things they would laugh at as they're incapable of doing such, they would simply double down on whatever argument is made.

edit: To add I will say I've broken a few controllers when I was younger. It has nothing to do with being violent or angry, you just get caught up in a competitive environment and certain things trigger your emotions, like getting beat to a guy in madden who abuses some things in a game like madden. I would never want to see someone do this and it's something I'll never do again. And when you realize how dumb you were for doing such all you're thinking of is "now I have to buy another controller, so stupid".

Melonfeud

Reaction score
on one of my bigfoot hunts years ago i tried my first wood knock using a mini bat.
never played baseball so i knew nothing about swingin' away.
found a tree....perfect spot near the bank of the n canadian and let'er rip.
that sucker immediately on contact came right back and put a knot on my forehead.
damn that hurt.
but that knock was a good'n tho.
so was the knot on my forehead.
im a little more observant now about my swing placement in relation to my head.
* I had an old blacksmith anvil ,sucker prolly wieghed close to 200 lbs & I'm lugging it over to place it on a two wheeled appliance dolly cart ( yeah, study on that brilliant concept of flawless fluidity) and drop it from about 4" on to the dollies lift plate& that rotten SOB carts vertical leverage framework CLANGED me right up along side my left temple , the one that pretty much hurts all the time anyway, tween prior fist fights& that damn mule I had,,, that flat rang my bell
o_O:facepalm:o_O

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
* I had an old blacksmith anvil ,sucker prolly wieghed close to 200 lbs & I'm lugging it over to place it on a two wheeled appliance dolly cart ( yeah, study on that brilliant concept of flawless fluidity) and drop it from about 4" on to the dollies lift plate& that rotten SOB carts vertical leverage framework CLANGED me right up along side my left temple , the one that pretty much hurts all the time anyway, tween prior fist fights& that damn mule I had,,, that flat rang my bell
o_O:facepalm:o_O
Soooooo much to pry into here. Fisticuffs or redneck pugilism, just why you had that anvil and wanted to move it but I think I want to begin with that damn mule.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Last I'd heard he was up in Colorado packing on guides hunts( he wasn't bad if that's all he had 2 do was follow whatever was ahead of him,,, but the mini rodeo's quickly sparked up between him& I when we'd disagree on where &how we were fixing to do things( LMAO,,,yeah, straight true)

Melonfeud

Reaction score
this. When I used to play Madden I would play all week long if the Cowboys won. If they lost I turned off all games and refused to touch Madden until they won again.

but the funny thing about this topic is that I know too many people have never even considered things they would laugh at as they're incapable of doing such, they would simply double down on whatever argument is made.

edit: To add I will say I've broken a few controllers when I was younger. It has nothing to do with being violent or angry, you just get caught up in a competitive environment and certain things trigger your emotions, like getting beat to a guy in madden who abuses some things in a game like madden. I would never want to see someone do this and it's something I'll never do again. And when you realize how dumb you were for doing such all you're thinking of is "now I have to buy another controller, so stupid".
* I had one wife that would ban-eject me from our love shack& send me off to the bars after a cowboys loss ,cuz' she wasn't gonna put up w/ me being pissed off& wanting to fight,,,true, she'd even lay drinking Money on me to get the hell out*o_O

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
* I had one wife that would ban-eject me from our love shack& send me off to the bars after a cowboys loss ,cuz' she wasn't gonna put up w/ me being pissed off& wanting to fight,,,true, she'd even lay drinking Money on me to get the hell out*o_O
Talk about incentive!

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Talk about incentive!
Hahahaha , yeah,I hear ya' on that,no doubt :thumbup:
* She'd done it twice,first time was a $20 bill, second time was $40 cuz' I told her $20 wasn't cutting it ,,, she started to just forego Sunday t.v. games at the half-time & work on her woodburning art,or Indian bead crap jewelry stuff after that,:lmao:

Straight up/ no chaser,,, fact:thumbup:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
running my mouth in the mars rover thread and not being able to post there anymore.

pointing out the erector set mars rover remote contolled car might not actually be at mars operating in 150degree below zero weather 225 million miles away from earth

I do like the lithium laptop batteries that power its propeller. I can watch 1.5 movies on my laptop before i have to plug it in

Last edited: