What is our top need now?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
And I’m fine with upgrading either...

Woods can’t tackle and Heath is about as consistent as Dak.
Woods did close out the season as the #5 ranked FS per PFF... He has improved big time. I think an upgrade on Heath is more important at this point in time.

I think DT is our top need, LB depth if Lee retires, OL depth, WR if Beezy leaves, and TE. Though with the emergence of Jarwin, Schultz flashing, and the potential of us bringing back Swaim, I don't think it is a huge need, but I do believe improving the TE position could be a big help to Dak and the rest of the offense.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
wilson must go, lee maybe a year. so SLB is a must.
i like fant as a gamebreaker TE but like what we are developing
gamebreaker RB
left tackle that can be swing short term
i struggle with DTs cause it looks like we should be ok but the Rams game has me spooked
If Irving is gone, which seems likely, then I believe DT is likely our top need. If we can get a difference maker at DT we will be in great shape defensively.

Agreed on LB, esp. if Lee retires or we cut him. Wilson wasn't terrible, but there is room for improvement there.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Woods did close out the season as the #5 ranked FS per PFF... He has improved big time. I think an upgrade on Heath is more important at this point in time.

I think DT is our top need, LB depth if Lee retires, OL depth, WR if Beezy leaves, and TE. Though with the emergence of Jarwin, Schultz flashing, and the potential of us bringing back Swaim, I don't think it is a huge need, but I do believe improving the TE position could be a big help to Dak and the rest of the offense.

Link for your reference on Woods?

I’m a PFF fan, and like their stats, but not always sure about overall grades.

MaaS

Reaction score
wilson must go, lee maybe a year. so SLB is a must.
i like fant as a gamebreaker TE but like what we are developing
gamebreaker RB
left tackle that can be swing short term
i struggle with DTs cause it looks like we should be ok but the Rams game has me spooked

With the way the NFL is going, your 3rd corner is a more of a starter than your 3rd LB. We play more 4-2-5 nickel than 4-3-4 base. Do we need to maintain depth? Of course. But do we need to go get a "starter?" IMO, no. They'll spend a majority of snaps on the bench.

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
I wonder if Taco moves inside to replace Irving.

DL for me...you can never have enuff.
I like our TE group but wouldnt rule out adding an Irv Smith or Kaden Smith.

its a good spot to be in...but if there is a quality DL on the board in Rd 2...a DE like Austin Bryant or a DT like Rashard Lawrence...Id pounce.
I believe Taco gets a shot to prove himself inside.

As for TE...I hope they add a FA like Jesse James or Eifert. Yes,I know about the injury history of Eifert, but that's what will keep his price down.
Adding a veteran TE to the group we already have will only benefit them and the team. The TE group has made big strides this year...how much better would we get by drafting a TE? For sure it would stunt the growth of Jarwin and Shultz.

jay94

Reaction score
Were above average at most things master of none, the most needed upgrade will be the last one they will upgrade and that is 1 tech, after that I will let you cheerleaders decide. Were making a big mistake by cutting Lee, players get injured I know not for this team, but for the rest of the league, when we do we will actually hit our true bottom.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I believe Taco gets a shot to prove himself inside.

As for TE...I hope they add a FA like Jesse James or Eifert. Yes,I know about the injury history of Eifert, but that's what will keep his price down.
Adding a veteran TE to the group we already have will only benefit them and the team. The TE group has made big strides this year...how much better would we get by drafting a TE? For sure it would stunt the growth of Jarwin and Shultz.
I like James.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yet none of these are truly pressing needs. We have guys at each of the positions. I'd agree DT is our top need since Irving has proved unreliable, but our d-line certainly hasn't been a liability.

After watching the NFLDG, I strongly disagree that it not pressing. We need DT talent that can compete with above average OL play. We got exposed several times over the season.