What is something you have learned as you have matured?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I've learned to a void social media for the most part. CBZ is about as close as I get and even then. I stick to the Off-Topic Zone. (in case some of you haven't noticed!)

The reason being:
  • WAY too much drama. Fighting, arguing, breakups, people cheating, airing their family's dirty laundy, etc Yeah, no. Don't need it.
  • Too many people seem to think EVERYONE wants to hear their opinions on whatever! Umm, if someone wants your opinion, THEY WOULD ASKED FOR IT! You don't need to make proclamations to the world via social media, because nobody cares what you think!
  • Too much religious content.
  • Too much political content.
  • Too many people want to be your friend. Yet, most people only have 1-4 actual *real* friends. Everyone else. Not really your fiend, yet they are now in all your business you air on social media.
  • Social media can damage your professional future.
  • Social media can damage your personal family life.
  • Social media can damage your friendships with those you consider close friends

The single good thing I've seen on social media is that every once in a while, it can make you laugh from something someone posted. What I have learned is you don't need social media to find funny stuff. I certainly find a lot to keep me laughing without social media!

As Bill Parcells once said. Nothing good happens after midnight. In my opinion, nothing good comes from social media. It's broke up more friends, caused riffs between family, and of course. It's probably the leading cause of cheating these days.

I don't need it and I've found that overall. I'm much happier without it. (without the Fan Zone too) I learned that many years ago and I still practice the abstinence of social media. (and the Fan Zone)

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
When I was young my dad gave me 2 advice 1-Never use drugs 2- Don't surround yourself with people who has achieved less than you.

well I did the first but the second I did not understand it well at a younger age the result I end up paying the price by missing on some good rare opportunities

At the end no regrets after all and i think the experience has sharpened my vision about life

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
:laugh:lol

You can say what you need to say without being nasty about it and still get your point across. Kill them with kindness and be respectful.
Hey, when I walk into dispatching to put my invoices in the invoice box that my boss had recently and stupidly moved into the dispatch office, and my boss snaps at me, "Read the sign! Don't spread your **** out all over the place!", and points to a newly hung sign that reads, "All Drivers", with an arrow pointing to the right, my response is going to be, "You don't have to be an ******* about it."...........He was much more polite the next time he spoke to me.

Last edited:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
:laugh:lol

You can say what you need to say without being nasty about it and still get your point across. Kill them with kindness and be respectful.
But...(yeah, being that guy lol) I've learned there is also a level of genuine assertiveness that comes from anger that tends to move things along faster than logic, kindness, respect. The trick is knowing if/when to use it bc when you meet someone just like that you'll likely tussle horns, etc. There are people who never use it and get taken advantage of..see it a lot at work.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
When your angry please think twice before you speak , because the waters that run under the bridge are dark and deep. You can forgive but when a woman is involved The words are forever filed in a safe place.:(:(:laugh:

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
A lot of things in life are truly not what you say. It's more about how you say them and in what tone. true story...:thumbup: