What is something you have learned as you have matured?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I stopped waiting for me to get smarter and decided I was going to have to make it with what I've got to work with.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are three me's. There's the me I thought I was, there's the me that others think I am and there's the real me and I didn't really get to meet him until the last 10 years and I've been spending time getting to know him a little better and also learned I had to really and truly forgive him for trying to keep the real me from me. He was just protecting me.

That's not a realism about maturing but just about one person's journey through that. I discovered that I both liked and disliked myself too much at times and I only sought mirrors with favorable reflections when I should have looked through a cracked one many times.

And let me tell you something about maturing that's not kind, at least not to me. My penance is to share my mistakes and missed opportunities with others that they might not do the same. Even though, were a more mature person to have shared that with me when I was younger, I would have ignored them. It's crazy, isn't it? Handing out advice and observations that I would have ignored when I thought I knew more.

The saying is that youth is wasted on the young. Well, wisdom is wasted on the old. I sure could have used this when I was younger and thought I knew a hell of a lot more than I did. Paying more some mistakes can be a life long thing.

aria

Reaction score
Don’t ride bicycles at night after drinking all day and I’m not really qualified to answer this question because I’m still waiting to mature.

aria

Reaction score
Country music has changed and I actually listen to it now. :thumbup:
You mean tractor rap? The trash they play on the radio? No heart, no soul, elementary lyrics? No offense :)

There are some pretty good old school sounding guys that are becoming more popular now, it’s nice to hear the pedal steel again. Nathaniel Rateliffe, Sturgill Simpson, Allison Krauss keeping blue grass real, Chris Stapleton, etc.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You mean tractor rap? The trash they play on the radio? No heart, no soul, elementary lyrics? No offense :)

There are some pretty good old school sounding guys that are becoming more popular now, it’s nice to hear the pedal steel again. Nathaniel Rateliffe, Sturgill Simpson, Allison Krauss keeping blue grass real, Chris Stapleton, etc.
Sturgill's latest album takes him out of the country conversation.......and I love it. Anyone going to see him tour that and hasn't listened is in for a shock. Ole Sturgill gone and created himself a whole new brand of music, which was exactly his idea.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Only during a power outage. :thumbdown:
our waste field doesn't drain well after hard rains so i had to adopt that rule or have it pumped about every 2 months. A new one is about 8000.00 for us and we would have to relocate our birds. Too much work.:(:(

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
our waste field doesn't drain well after hard rains so i had to adopt that rule or have it pumped about every 2 months. A new one is about 8000.00 for us and we would have to relocate our birds. Too much work.:(:(
Waste field? Is that the same as a leeching field?

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Doing something first and knowing you might have to ask for forgiveness later, is the same as knowing you are dominate over that person or what you are do is worth the risk.

You make the call. Either way.....it's lack of respect.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't want to live in either part of that country.
I think the leeching field is just a place to soak up extra water from the septic tank. You'd never even know it was there unless you dug there or drove over it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Doing something first and knowing you might have to ask for forgiveness later, is the same as knowing you are dominate over that person or what you are do is worth the risk.

You make the call. Either way.....it's lack of respect.
I don't think feeling dominant has anything to do with it. If anything, I'd say the opposite is true. If you feel you have to do it because permission won't be granted, that seems like a submissive point of view.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
If you ask for a favor instead of just telling some one to do something, they feel you are indebted to them and more likely to help.

try it..;)