What is something you have learned as you have matured?

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
When your angry please think twice before you speak , because the waters that run under the bridge are dark and deep. You can forgive but when a woman is involved The words are forever filed in a safe place.:(:(:laugh:
I can relate to this and say when you're angry, think before you act. I've always been a hot head and have gotten myself into trouble over the years (with men). I've learned to keep my cool somewhat but still working on it.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Youth is wasted on the young
Don't sweat the small stuff
Quit sawing yourself in half.
I'ts not what you know...it's who you know.
We are all going to be either cremated or 6 foot deep so laugh at the ones who think they are better or have more than you.

i could go on..but i won't.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Youth is wasted on the young
Don't sweat the small stuff
Quit sawing yourself in half.
I'ts not what you know...it's who you know.
We are all going to be either cremated or 6 foot deep so laugh at the ones who think they are better or have more than you.

i could go on..but i won't.
my father has told me many times. Good friends in the right place will get you as far sometimes as a degree. He's right, but you can't live by that.

I am where i am now because of that. no way i should be earning what i do now based on my education. I addended the school of hard knocks.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Never go to bed angry...It lends its self to be a long night and you are the one that ends up with the nightmares usually.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Never and i say NEVER burn a bridge because, some day you may humbly have to cross it again. happened too many times to count.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
It's not a waste of time. it's all about how you go about it. it can be cleansing.
I don't put myself in position to get into it with anyone. I just let them have their moment and calmly walk away. You'd be surprised at how many people you can piss-off simply because they can't upset you. Then they end up hating me or respecting me, because their words can't effect me. But either way they end up leaving me alone.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
I don't put myself in position to get into it with anyone. I just let them have their moment and calmly walk away. You'd be surprised at how many people you can piss-off simply because they can't upset you. Then they end up hating me or respecting me, because their words can't effect me. But either way they end up leaving me alone.
Ok, you do you and that's most important. I don't have a choice but to push back a little. I oversee 13 crews and i cant afford to be in your place. They would see kindness as weakness. I handle it as a teaching moment and blame myself alot. Still, we achieve what we need to. I tear them down but always leave them with something positive.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Don't let things other people do tick you off.

Not going to give people the power to control my mood, etc. Life is too short to be upset about little things that don't matter in the larger scheme of things.

nobody

Reaction score
Forgiveness is just as important, if not more important, to the person doing the forgiving as it is to the person being forgiven. So much is lifted from you.

Patience and listening is priceless.

Don't sweat the small stuff.

ksadler1

Reaction score
No matter how hard you try to achieve the perfect life, there's no such thing.

Always strive to do better, but be thankful for what you have.

You can't expect to be forgiven if you can't forgive.

Last edited: