What is Stephen Jones biggest accomplishment?

plymkr

Reaction score
What has this man done in the NFL that garners him his job status?

Rams have supposedly been in CAP hell for 10 years and they went to two SBs and won one with minimum draft picks. Worst case scenario they are a wild card team for next two years. They have assets that they can trade to get more draft picks.

What type of winning has Stephen Jones done to garner respect from media.
Stephen has added to his neck fat the last couple seasons. Outside of that I have no idea what he does.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
His son was the starting quarterback and won a Texas state title, his daddy is a self-made billionaire. But really not sure what Stephen has done? :huh:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I gotta give him credit for avoiding the cops playing with under aged girls in the bathroom.

Amazed he hasn't had to answer to somebody.

Probably got bought off too....

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Rams have supposedly been in CAP hell for 10 years and they went to two SBs and won one with minimum draft picks. Worst case scenario they are a wild card team for next two years. They have assets that they can trade to get more draft picks.

The respect comes from a financial viewpoint in that SJ is a ceo in a billion dollar empire.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
200.gif

LLLOOOLLL

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
How do we know that Stephen isn’t the one who didn’t want to resign Dak and Zeke and DLaw, but daddy forced him, hence the late signing and over paying, similar to past years.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Stephen's biggest accomplishment is being Jerry's first born son. That's it.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
His DNA. The night Daddy’s check cleared the bank to buy the team, he instantly became qualified to be an NFL executive with a lifetime contract regardless of his or the team’s performance.

There’s not another team in this league that would hire him for the same job.

Just logged in to like this post. :hammer::hammer::bow:

Adreme

Reaction score
Sold high round drafter. I would say that in the first 3 rounds he has a very very good track record compared to his peers. Now the day 3 and free agency ability is simply not there but he is good at finding good players. This basically leads to a team that either top end talent or scrubs with no JAGs to speak of.

cej757

Reaction score
Deion Sanders destroyed what was left of Jimmy Johnson's team.

We don't win the Superbowl without Deion in 95-96. Kevin Smith tore his Achilles week 1. Jerry had to make that move.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quick story about him.

My cousin in Dallas used to be the Senior Account Executive with one of the largest ad agencies in Dallas. The Cowboys had made a cattle call for agencies for preliminary meetings to interview for a new agency. She, the head of the agency, who shared this story with us, and Creative Director went for their appointment which was right after lunch.

They got to the conference room and Stephen, Booger Jr., Dalrymple and a couple of other people were seated at the table. They mentioned that Booger would be in shortly. Dalrymple starts to speak and while Stephen leans back and begins to pick his teeth with a toothpick, smacking in between and begins to pontificate and repeatedly used the word "I". Dalrymple just sat back.

After a couple of minutes, Booger comes in and Stephen immediately sits back up and shuts up. Booger tells them that if they are the chosen agency, his exact words, they will be working closely with Rich and his family and then he leaves the room and Rich takes over to describe what they looking for and part of that are media releases when required and what kind of relationships do they have? Needless to say, these agency people had never been in any meeting like this before.

When they left and we're in the car on the way back to the shop, my cousin spoke up and told them she was not going to work with that "pig" at the end of the table meaning Stephen. The head of the agency responded with "you don't have to, I'll let them know we're withdrawing from consideration".

The head of the agency told us he'd dealt with a lot of difficult and self-important people but he'd never met anyone that he took an instant dislike to like Stephen. His demeanor before his father entered the room and after told him all he wanted to know about the guy. He also read the room that Rich and Booger Jr. almost eye rolled when Stepen began to speak.

I think when he takes over control of the team, many are going to wish Booger was back. He's got rich kid written all over him and is impressed with himself. And he learned everything from his father.

This isn't going to be a passing of the torch like Brown, Davis, Mara or Rooney or like Kraft will be. This will be an ego torch with the same results.

Last edited: