What is Stephen Jones biggest accomplishment?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don’t believe the siblings will allow Cheapskate Son to operate in same fashion as Daddy.

Instead I look for him to only assume the Pres role and hire out a VP and GM that all 3 siblings will hold accountable.

This football guy celebrity status was all their Daddy’s dream not theirs.

And if they all can’t agree on how Cowboys Football will be operated they’ll sell out.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t believe the siblings will allow Cheapskate Son to operate in same fashion as Daddy.

Instead I look for him to only assume the Pres role and hire out a VP and GM that all 3 siblings will hold accountable.

And if they all can’t agree on how Cowboys Football will be operated they’ll sell out.
That is nothing but speculation. How ya gonna keep them down on the farm after they've seen Paris? The son has that spotlight seeker gene all over him.

If that were the case, you would see the first born so prevalent in the media. You never saw that with the other sons inheriting the empire.

They'll fight over the Boogie Bus and boat more than the team.

It's not like he can screw it up. It's a revenue juggernaut and not dependent on real football success.

phildadon86

Reaction score
What has this man done in the NFL that garners him his job status?

Rams have supposedly been in CAP hell for 10 years and they went to two SBs and won one with minimum draft picks. Worst case scenario they are a wild card team for next two years. They have assets that they can trade to get more draft picks.

What type of winning has Stephen Jones done to garner respect from media.
Being born into the Jones family

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You guys don't know anything about Stephen Jones.

"Jones graduated from the University of Arkansas with a degree in chemical engineering in 1988. During his collegiate career, he was a member of Phi Delta Theta. He was a 4-year letterman for the Razorbacks, playing linebacker and on special teams, and started in the 1987 Orange Bowl."

Phi Delta Theta ! That's amazing! I bet none of you can fathom how much beer he had to funnel in one semester while taking chemical engineering classes. The man is probably still a legend in the theta house.

Go ahead and talk about Stephen all you want and make fun of him.........but nothing before 1988.

ESisback

Reaction score
Biggest accomplishment? Triggering a large segment of the fanbase, 24/7, 365, with everything he says AND does!✊

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That is nothing but speculation. How ya gonna keep them down on the farm after they've seen Paris? The son has that spotlight seeker gene all over him.

If that were the case, you would see the first born so prevalent in the media. You never saw that with the other sons inheriting the empire.

They'll fight over the Boogie Bus and boat more than the team.

It's not like he can screw it up. It's a revenue juggernaut and not dependent on real football success.
They’ll all 3 not take the spotlight Daddy has and hire others to take the fall or be held accountable for Football Operations.

If not they’ll squabble until a bitter ending.

Unless you believe Daddy is going to leave Stephen with a greater share than the other two.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
His biggest accomplishment is being his daddy's son.
I'm a day late and a dollar short because this is exactly what I was going to post until I saw yours.

Many unqualified people occupy high-level jobs because their parents own the company. They eventually learn the business and rise through the ranks because they have no fear of losing their jobs. And over 25 years, you eventually learn the job because time affords you the opportunity - opportunity others would not get because they aren't scions.

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
His DNA. The night Daddy’s check cleared the bank to buy the team, he instantly became qualified to be an NFL executive with a lifetime contract regardless of his or the team’s performance.

There’s not another team in this league that would hire him for the same job.

I love when apologists talk about how much experience he has. His track record would've gotten him fired in less than 10 years and he'd never get another shot.

But in Jerry's world results don't matter, so he's gained decades of "experience". Isn't it comforting to know we have such an experienced NFL executive? :muttley:

ICP

Reaction score
Keeping Jerry from drafted Johnny Football

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Keeping Jerry from drafted Johnny Football
Who knows .. that might have worked out here with a QB with his talent in this offense taking over for Romo.

It’s not like it’s worked out all that great not drafting him.

Reactions: ICP

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Dak's deal surpassed Boston trading the Bambino to the Yankees.....:eek:
It will go down as the WORST deal given to a player in the last 100 years!!
In the future when comparable deals are given to overrated players they will be known as "Dak Deals"

12-4 is not the worst deal. Did defense give up another 100+ yds rushing in a playoff game?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I hope you're right, but I can't say I have a confidence in it. The fact that over the last several years we've seen Stephen more and more in the spotlight could mean he is being groomed to step into the same role as Dad. That said, of course it's true the other siblings will have an ownership position as well, and it's possible they could have different thoughts, but from what we see it sure doesn't seem that way.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I hope you're right, but I can't say I have a confidence in it. The fact that over the last several years we've seen Stephen more and more in the spotlight could mean he is being groomed to step into the same role as Dad. That said, of course it's true the other siblings will have an ownership position as well, and it's possible they could have different thoughts, but from what we see it sure doesn't seem that way.
That’s only because Daddy is still alive. There’s even a good possibility while he is still alive he could bestow more football responsibilities on Stephen .

But unless we believe Daddy isn’t going to leave his children equal ownership it’s unlikely one has more authority than the others.

Jethro has free rein not answering to any partners and can control any damage control Stephen might occur. But it’s very doubtful that the other equal partner survivors will provide their older brother and equal partner free rein like their Daddy.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s only because Daddy is still alive. There’s even a good possibility while he is still alive he could bestow more football responsibilities on Stephen .

But unless we believe Daddy isn’t going to leave his children equal ownership it’s unlikely one has more authority than the others.

Jethro has free rein not answering to any partners and can control any damage control Stephen might occur. But it’s very doubtful that the other equal partner survivors will provide their older brother and equal partner free rein like their Daddy.
Like I said, they will all have ownership. My point wasn't that the others will have no say, or that it's not possible things will go as you believe, it was that that nothing we see now suggests Stephen will not retain the GM/lead dog role. To say he won't is merely speculation.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry Jr as VP over Marketing has actually had much more success and I’d think Daddy has much more confidence in his overall management . Remember Jerry Jr supervised the stadium construction and the Star which are Daddy’s proudest achievements .

And Jerry Jr has been instrumental in the marketing efforts which has not only created its own merchandising entity but was able to continue to promote the brand in a down era which is incredible work.

And Char has been recognized by the league as an executive and her charity and brand building work is unmatched in the NFL.

What has Stephen achieved ? He’s basically been under the wing of Daddy with football operations mostly blamed along with Daddy for the lack of success this era on the field.

I can’t imagine the two more acclaimed executives would feel comfortable with the less accomplished sibling running the show like Daddy has. And why either they’ll sell out or agree to hire out a GM. Stephen could assume Pres of football operations but not held totally responsible in the same manner as Daddy.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Like I said, they will all have ownership. My point wasn't that the others will have no say, or that it's not possible things will go as you believe, it was that that nothing we see now suggests Stephen will not retain the GM/lead dog role. To say he won't is merely speculation.
Understood but as it stands now Daddy can still run damage control publicly because the buck still stops with him . But once he’s gone then just can’t see the siblings leaving brother out on an island like Daddy is.

It will be completely different situation. And possibly one that’s better run with a more normal front office scenario with VP of personnel and GM’s they can fire. Who aren’t undermining the coaching staffs.

I truly believe real hope and a better sense of normality begins when Daddy is gone.

Last edited: